Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    r_brown            02-10-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
what do you guys think with 4(tower speakers) 6/9in JL audio 3way's with a soundstream 880w amp running those speakers and a 12in sub . How will it sound behind the boat?in the boat?any experince with a simlar set up .are the JL's good in the tower will they carry.Are they simlar to mb Quart or infintys? please any help would be appreciated THANKS GUYS!!! :-)
Old    allaboutwake            02-10-2003, 9:25 AM Reply   
you can go with 2 6x9's and hear it good and still have a light bar on the bottom. but 4 6x9's would kick some ass.
Old    r_brown            02-10-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
anyone else ?
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-10-2003, 1:49 PM Reply   
damn your anxious for replies.

Of course it will sound good. You got quality speakers with a quality amp. JL is a good brand but so are the others you asked about. Just pick out which one sounds the best to you,
Old    mmascari            02-10-2003, 2:26 PM Reply   
I ran a similar setup on my old boat and going to do the same on my new boat. I used Kenwood 6x9 speakers (which are probably not as nice as the ones you are looking at) powered by a Kenwood 600watt amp and let me tell you the bass was awesome, and sound was extremely clear 80feet out. So I don't think you will be disappointed in your suggested setup.

Old    r_brown            02-10-2003, 3:03 PM Reply   
thanks for the info & "BIGDAD" I am anixous because I just found out about this board yesterday and I am getting the stereo installed tomorrow so I wanted to see what u all thought !!!! THANKS AGAIN

(Message edited by r_brown on February 10, 2003)
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-11-2003, 9:22 AM Reply   
Ryan,

What if we all said... That combination sucks! Would you have changed the order or just lived with it. Usually people get advice first then make a decision.

But let us know how it came out and post some pics.
Old    r_brown            02-11-2003, 12:56 PM Reply   
A.P

If you would have said that combo sucks I would have looked into even further and goten other options as well.As far as (people get advice first then make a decision)I agree with you but,I was in a hurry and assumed you guys new your stuff(and I couldnt find anything on JL's)that's why I asked you guys.And ya your right I probally would have gotten it anyway

THANKS AGAIN GUYS

(Message edited by r_brown on February 11, 2003)