Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    stencil_king            02-11-2003, 12:09 PM Reply   
Is there any company that makes custom sacks for wake enhancement? Being able to have a custom sack make would really be helpful. Thanks!
Old    jmccallum            02-11-2003, 12:18 PM Reply   
letsgoride.com is the best and cheapest!

Old    liquidforcer88            02-11-2003, 4:24 PM Reply   
ill sell you a blow up mattress, u can fill it with water and then sleep on it... lol
Old    stencil_king            02-11-2003, 7:21 PM Reply   
Good one Dave!
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-11-2003, 7:37 PM Reply   
Most waterbed mattress manufacturers can build you any size bladder you want in 24 mil thickness which is thicker than any sack I have ever seen. How about a rectangle to fit into the rear sides of a V-drive, and completely fill the storage area. You can have them put the fill and drain where ever you want. And all this for less money...
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-11-2003, 10:23 PM Reply   
Yeah we got custom sacks made for the front locker and side lockers for our old san. We got them made by the guys that make waterbeds. 3 sacks cost $180 austrlian dollars.
Old    waterjunky            02-12-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
What about here in the states...? Does anyone know the names of any water bed mattress manufactures?
Old    jmccallum            02-12-2003, 1:10 PM Reply   
I screwed around with waterbed manufacturers and gave up. The vinyl they use (either .02 or .028) gets punctured easily. I was quoted well over $100 (I can't remember the exact number)

The LGR sacs are made out of Zodiac boat materials which is very, very tough. Mine rubs against a fibreglass edge in my ski locker and is still just fine! The water bed tubes I used before got holes the first day.

I paid under $100 for a 750 lbs custom fitted sac that uses every inch of my ski locker complete with real fittings. The LGR sac doesn't care that I slid wakeboards with fins over them!

I'm not going back to waterbed junk but suit yourself! Jus (Jean Chrétien imatation) my $.02
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-12-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
James, where did you get the big sacks from?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-12-2003, 1:40 PM Reply   
i am interested in the same. james, got a number, website, or any other info?
Old    chris_hargis            02-12-2003, 1:45 PM Reply   
I back James up on the waterbed mattress angle. I checked with about 10 different manufacturers and the cheapest one was going to be about $300 for 2 small bladders and 1 large one. Lets Go Ride had a better offer than any of the waterbed places.
Old    chris_hargis            02-12-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
I back James up on the waterbed mattress angle. I checked with about 10 different manufacturers and the cheapest one was going to be about $300 for 2 small bladders and 1 large one. Lets Go Ride had a better offer than any of the waterbed places. Try letsgoride.com
Old    tombugg            02-12-2003, 3:02 PM Reply   
Check out Fluid Concepts. Killer gear.

http://www.fluidconcepts.net
Old    stencil_king            02-12-2003, 6:08 PM Reply   
Tom,
I couldn't find any sacks at the fluidconcepts website? Have you seen any from there?
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-12-2003, 8:20 PM Reply   
Is hippo systems around anymore?
Old    jmccallum            02-13-2003, 5:50 AM Reply   
Hippo is dead or should be. There are a couple of threads about people who got riped off by them.

http://www.letsgoride.com/index.html

They used to have a phone number but it's not on the web site anymore! I'll look for it.

This is a pic of the ski locker sac full (~750 lbs). The sac is 75" long when full. If I had put a fat sac in the locker, I estimated I would have only got about 350 lbs into it! One point though. Be very careful about filling any ski locker sac...you could damage your boat.