Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       08-17-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
Head unit is powered and I can register battery power available to the amp, but the amp is not coming on to power the speakers. I figured the remote wire coming from the head unit that turns on the amp got loose but it looks fine. Anyone know how to test that single wire to see if its dead and if that means I have to get a new head unit?
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-17-2007, 11:17 PM Reply   
attach the turn one wire from the amp to the ground. It will stay on for testing.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-18-2007, 1:08 AM Reply   
Do not hook your turn on lead to a ground!

You can try and jump a lead from the positive to the remote turn on to see if the amp powers up. Disconnect the remote lead from the head unit first.
Old    Ben Kerran            08-18-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
I assume Rich mount the 12V positive? You can also meter it and turn your HU on.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-20-2007, 6:01 AM Reply   
I'm with Ben, just put a digital voltmeter on it...$15 from home depot. You'll end up using it more often than you think.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-20-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
yeah sorry.....
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-20-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
put 12V on the remote lead on the amp (jump off the 12V input from the amp), this should turn the amp on. If it does you know the deck has a power issue with the remote wire. In that case a DVM will be needed to reverify. Connect the gnd probe to ground and the red probe to the remote. Id suggest you look over all your wires (ground, power, remote) Make sure the fuse is not blown and that you have a good ground and power input going to the amp. Has it worked before? Did it stop working when playing loud? Good luck
Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       08-21-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
It worked like a champ up until I turned it on and no sound. Faceplate on head-unit lights up but no amp. RG, thanks for the thought on jump off the 12v input to the amp...I was overthinking how to run the 12V to test it. I will be trying in the next few days.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-21-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
Some decks have 2 kick-on's 1 is for the power antenna. You will get 12v when your HU is on AM or FM but as soon as you switch it to CD or AUX the power antenna kick on will go dead.
Make sure your testing the Amp remote kick on,

Test Light $5