Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (mishaplr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-11-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
Does anybody know how to weight this boat. I got lots of weight 400lbs of lead and to 540lb fat sacs. Need some help with this problem. We have tried a lot of combos. Thanks for any help in advance.
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-11-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
i have found that this boat sinks pretty easy so what you have + people is plenty of weight. I typically put about 400 lbs in the rear, 275 in the front, fill the center ballast plus 4-6 crew. hydraulic trim tab all the way up. 22 mph and the wake is pretty firm and clean. The more weight you put in the back beyond about 500 lbs, the peakier it gets and the wake starts to curl over so you will have to speed up to 23+. I always keep an 85 lb sac behind the drivers seat because the boat is sensitive to weight side to side and I can compensate by easily placing the sac to either side.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-11-2006, 11:57 AM Reply   
I have an Avalanche C4 - We have 400#'s on each side of the engine, 250 in the center tank, 300#'s of lead under the seats and 80#'s of lead that we move side to side to balance the wake. I think most people try to overweigh a Centurion because of what they hear from others. The hull design doesn't need more than about 1500#'s total. Wake is verticle and solid with lots of pop. We really had to learn to adjust side to side weight. There was a strong tendency for the toeside (regular stance) to wash over - it can be controlled if you get the proper amount of weight on that side. It took more than we thought to get there.
Old     (mishaplr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-11-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice guys. This is not my boat, but since I ride a lot more than he does I am in charge of ballast. We will give this a try.

Thanks again
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       07-11-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
I have a 01 and i ride with a 550lb on each side of the engine, the center 200lb and a 550 in the nose. The boat likes the weight in the nose at least 1/3 mabey more. The wake gets really good with four passengers in the cabin and one or two people in the bow. The wake stays nice up to 27mph at 80ft or so then the boat starts to porpus. I find that the port (passenger side) wake to be mellower (more rampy) then the starboard side which is has more vert/lip to it. Maybe not the prettiest wake out there but sack it out and it'll get big. (i've had the same weight in an 01 x-star and the elite v's wake is bigger but also a lot more ugly) The boat surfs a lot better then flat hull wake boats too.
David