Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-17-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
Looking to get a new handle and just wondering if they are worth the $$. Composite Handle's, like TCH's, are being considered as well, so any input is appreciated. Thanks in advanced....
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-17-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
carbon, no.

composite, yes.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-17-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
I dig the proline LG and I also like the nevin TCH's. Check them both out and decide for yourself.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-17-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
Its a preference just like everything else I sell alot of the Proline Delta and Militia 17inch Carbon handles as well as the Proline LG Handles, they are both really sick handles.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
Make sure you buy a board repair kit when you by the composite handle. They beat the crap out of your board.
Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-17-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
I have the Straightline carbon handle and it is worth the money because it is soo light. You don't even know you are holding onto it because the gripe is so soft.
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-17-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
c.i.e-how do the composite handles hurt your board? would this be to a lesser or more so extent with a carbon handle?
any advice greatly appreciated as i am looking into the tch series of handles
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-17-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
Moreso with the Carbons I would say. They also will knock your a$$ out if you are hit in the head with one. I have seen a rider cut his head wide open with a Carbon handle, but he still rides with one.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-17-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
We have 2 carbon handles, one that we purchased and one that was a door prize at a tournament. Both stay in storage in favor of an older accurate handle. The first one we purchased cover chipped off in several places from hitting boards, the 2nd one has only been used once. Light weight isn't significant on a handle. If you like the grip thier okay, they are not goingt to help you land new tricks.
Old     (macanudo247)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-17-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
Sam, when you fall backwards with a carbon or composite handle and you hold on to it til you but hits the water, its the same as loading the line when you cutting in just to a lesser extent. When you let go of it with the tension on it it springs foreward and knocks pieces out of your board. Thats just one of the more common ways it happens but yeah they can mess your board up. If you want a good idea on a non carbon or composite the Murray Torsion bar is a great one.
Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-17-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
My Accurate carbon handle:

pros:
1. it looks cool
2. it floats

cons:
1. beats up your new board
2. hurts your rider when you toss it out to em and hits em in the head
3. the handle line frays from rubbing against the edge of your board
4. it chips

that's why I got a Proline LG. My only complaint is that it doesn't float so can get caught underneath your boat.
Old     (the_love_muscle)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-17-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
Have had carbon in the past and will not go back! It gets really old hearing them hit your board, boat, friends, whatever. Plus, I find the regular handles to be more comfortable. Try the new Premier or Murray handle. They are both sick and very comfortable to hold.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-18-2006, 4:55 AM Reply   
no overpriced and overrated IMO however im sure there are those that like them ad thats col..they do look nice and are light...

next best thing is the light stiff but less brutal helium handles..

check them out at www.heliumwake.com i have the collin wright pro model and its the best handke ive used to date..

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-18-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
I had a carbon and hated it. It almost broke my toe and banged up my board and the boat.

Now I have a Straighline Featherweight with the Ameoba grip. It's probably the best setup I've used. The grip is really soft and the handle is super light...plus it floats unlike the LG I've used before. The Proline LG feels good, but the metal was exposed to your grip on my buddy's after using it just a couple of times. Plus his handle not floating caused us to run over our rope.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-18-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably just go with a good spectra handle.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-18-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
My LG Floats and I have had zero problems with seeing any exposed metal. Take it back to the shop you got it at and get a new one, they do have a one year warranty.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-18-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
I have carbon. I think it sucks for reasons stated. Too cheap to go buy another handle though.
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-18-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
my carbon one sucks, because its a hyperlite, im hopeing they will replace it
Old    jayp            05-18-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
The only time I have ever gotten hurt by a handle was carbon. Somehow when I crashed the handle nailed me right on the bone on my wrist. It hurt for a week. Bad for a day or two.

I have the Accurate Premier handle and love it.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-18-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
Parks landed a 1080 with a tractor grip
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-18-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
Well I was going to buy a carbon or composite, but I decided on this instead. Anyone ever use the House Krypt EVA SF 17" Handle? I just picked one up for around $45 shipping included. Here is a picture....

Upload
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-24-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
I just got the Byerly handle. If you're looking for some old school EVA grip its good. All this talk made too afraid to try the carbon handle, even though both were heavily discounted on a clear out sale, so I could be referencing last year's handles.