Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                03-06-2003, 3:53 PM Reply   
anyone have any tips on a roll to blind(wrapped or handle pass)?
Old                03-07-2003, 3:59 PM Reply   
Are you familiar with KGBs? It's part of the same family of tricks. The key to these two tricks is the way you come off the wake. You kind of cheat by starting the trick like a mexican backroll. This meaning that your board is more parallel to the wake upon takeoff. For the KGB, if you wrap it, it is extremely easy. Once you have initiated the roll and are upside down, let go of the second handle, keeping the other one close to your body and your body naturally whips the full 360 around. Depending on where you finish with the handle (front or back hip)and how soon you let it go, determines how much you spin. The key to the handle pass is just like any handle pass trick: keep it close to your body.
Old                03-07-2003, 4:01 PM Reply   
The middle picture in my profile is of a wrapped KGB
Old                03-08-2003, 10:58 AM Reply   
i 've tried to do wrapped KGB's also but i don't get all the way around. I also land on my butt or the board skips from under me.
Old                03-10-2003, 7:38 AM Reply   
That sounds like a combination of letting go of the second handle too early and letting it get away from your body. If you let go of the rope too early you usually are stealing from your pop. Being tall into the wake is more important than ever because it is secondary to everything else that is going on. If you definitely feel that you are getting a good lift off the wake then I would say it is a combination of the first two.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-16-2003, 11:17 AM Reply   
Well this is all great but i and Joseph still want to know how to do a roll to blind
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-16-2003, 11:31 AM Reply   
For a roll to blind you want to start about 15 ft outside the wake and cut in on a moderat consistent edge. Let your edge off just a little at the wake. Push hard with both feet off the top of the wake. Throw your chin under your back armpit and give a solid pull on the handle to the small of your back. If you you do this you should have passed the handle at about midway through the trick. After you make the handle pass lift your head up slightly and look over your back shoulder for the shoreline.
Keep your head up and try to straighten your back. land with your knees bent and your chest slightly over your toes. it also sometimes helps if when you land you push the handle back towards the boat.
Good luck
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-16-2003, 11:36 AM Reply   
Her is a video grab of me doing a roll to blind
roll to blind