Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    9Drozd            04-15-2012, 7:29 PM Reply   
Here is what I'm running into when mounting my ronix ones to the board, the binding is baseless so the insert sits directly on the board. Well the board has 2 distinct indentions running along the entire board, so when you put a baseless binding on the board you can feel both of the indentions through the footbed. So my question is has anyone run into this issue or advice on what they have done to solve the problem.

I laid up a carbon fiber plate tonight and tomorrow i'll cut out the shape of the binding on the plate and use it as a spacer plate under my binding. So i'll see if thats going to work out or not. I'll keep yall posted if it works out or not.
Old    9Drozd            04-16-2012, 9:30 AM Reply   
Solved my own problem. Heres the pics to better explain it.
Attached Images

Old     (kwade17)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-16-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
patent pending hahah
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-16-2012, 11:23 AM Reply   
where did you get the carbon fiber from?
I have the same set up but I just put some rubber in the groove.
Old    9Drozd            04-16-2012, 11:52 AM Reply   
I think my dad got it either from composite one in fort worth or someone had given him some. The price of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and resin has gone through the roof. This was just some stuff that was scrap.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-17-2012, 12:29 PM Reply   
Great FIX Man. Hope your having fun on that Board, I been on it for 2.5 years and love the thing! This year I have been riding the Baker a bunch Super fun board as well.
Old    9Drozd            04-17-2012, 10:06 PM Reply   
My binding issue should be fine now, I'll just have to get out and ride it . I bought the board at the first of march, rode it twice at the cable park and the board delaminated. Shipped it to Obrien and just got it back. Ive got to give a shout out to Chris Johnson for taking care of my warranty. I had 2012 systems on it which i didn't have any issues but i don't like them on the lake. I like to come out of my bindings if I fall hard enough which is why I wanted to put my ONEs on it. I'll get to ride it behind the boat this weekend so im pretty anxious to see how it rides.
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-18-2012, 7:20 AM Reply   
I know you're gonna offer to make me a pair.
Old    9Drozd            04-18-2012, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiatowski View Post
I know you're gonna offer to make me a pair.
I would be happy to, minus the fact that you wouldn't like the cost associated with them. It really isn't at all hard to lay up fiberglass or carbon fiber. Its the price that the materials are now. If I wouldn't have had the materials laying around, to go out and buy what I used, your looking at close to $200 for those plates. I think thats another reason boats have gone up so much as well. If it was 3-4 years ago, it would have been a different story.
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-18-2012, 5:48 PM Reply   
I stick with the rubber.lol
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-18-2012, 6:48 PM Reply   
How annoying are the ridges underneath the bindings? I have a paradigm with a pair of ones as well, but I can't ride it for a while. Does it really require a plate/rubber insert?
Old    9Drozd            04-18-2012, 7:18 PM Reply   
I dont really know how bad it would be to ride without it, but i dont want to take a chance of breaking a bone in my foot if I were to slam my toes real hard. In my head, its just a safety concern. I started this thread more of just to see if others have run into this problem with that board and what they have done. It was a toss up between making an aluminum or carbon fiber plate. I went with the carbon fiber layup so that it wouldn't tear up the board.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-19-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Drozd View Post
My binding issue should be fine now, I'll just have to get out and ride it . I bought the board at the first of march, rode it twice at the cable park and the board delaminated. Shipped it to Obrien and just got it back. Ive got to give a shout out to Chris Johnson for taking care of my warranty. I had 2012 systems on it which i didn't have any issues but i don't like them on the lake. I like to come out of my bindings if I fall hard enough which is why I wanted to put my ONEs on it. I'll get to ride it behind the boat this weekend so im pretty anxious to see how it rides.
Chris Johnson, is a total stud! He is the man behind all of the O'brien Boards!!! I have gotten to know him pretty good with my ten years riding O'brien boards. Just an all around good guy and a genius at shaping boards!
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-19-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
Took the rubber out today to see what it felt like.... no difference I can't feel any ridges so I'm not going to put anything back on. Well maybe a thin rubber pad for the whole boot cause I find that the Ones can scrape up a board in a hurry if you don't put a thin layer of something underneath them.