Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-12-2009, 6:36 AM Reply   
I'm debating on switching out wheels on my trailer to match my truck. the wheels currently on the trailer match the setup, but can someone photoshop the switchblads onto the trailer so I can see what they look like. what are your opinions. leave the wheels on the trailer, or match up to the truck??

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-12-2009, 6:45 AM Reply   
if you have the disposable income, go for it

if not.......

boat and rig look great!

(Message edited by ord27 on February 12, 2009)
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-12-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
I say leave it alone. The black wheels on the trailer go well with the black hull on the boat. Just as the chrome rims on the truck go with the chrome accents on the truck.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-12-2009, 7:01 AM Reply   
It looks good the way it is but it would look better if they matched the truck to bad though that the truck doesn't match the ride.
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-12-2009, 7:33 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-12-2009, 5:10 PM Reply   
I think it would look good but is a total waste of money IMO. I would just use the money to take the crew out ridin or to get a new stereo system in the boat.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-12-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
tailgate, that's exactly what I wanted. I think it looks better with the black rims. I sold the red truck a year ago and have the new body style(pic with truck alone) now.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-12-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
If you wanna spend the money. I think it would look better to get the boat trailer wheels for the truck. Black centers.
Old     (tl_hereford)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-12-2009, 5:42 PM Reply   
I second Dave on this one.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-12-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
I think you need some bigger tires on truck
Old    pdxWAKE.com            02-12-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
I think you should get black wheels on the truck to match the boat as well...

(Message edited by tyler97217 on February 12, 2009)
Old    pdxWAKE.com            02-12-2009, 7:11 PM Reply   
I have been known to play that game... people think it is ridiculous, but oh well. Boat spends more time than on the trailer. It is nice to have nice shoes on it....

Upload
Old    stillstandin            02-12-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
Looks better with the back wheels IMO.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-13-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
here's a pic of my truck with black/machined wheels on it. Reason I thought of switching out was if I could find someone to buy the rims off my trailer and only have to come up with 3-400 bucks more to upgrade to some chrome rims to match the truck. it does look alot better with black though.

Upload
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-13-2009, 7:15 AM Reply   
Ryan, what are the sizes of your current tires and rims? I am in Alberta and have thought about changing my trailer rims out as well.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-13-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
I'm sure glad I only trailer my boat 1-3 times a year! Besides the $ I think the black look better.
Old     (mro)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-13-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
i wish i had your problems
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-14-2009, 3:29 PM Reply   
trent, i would have to go look at the tires. rims are 20's, tires I believe are a 275/45/20
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-14-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
I agree with the guys saying put the black wheels on the truck also.

Get rid of the chrome trim on the truck and paint it red or black, leave the boat alone.

I also have to agree that the tires do look a little small for the truck, need to fill up those wheel wells a bit.

...you did ask for opinions
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-14-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
I agree with the guys saying put the black wheels on the truck also.

Get rid of the chrome trim on the truck and paint it red or black, leave the boat alone.

I also have to agree that the tires do look a little small for the truck, need to fill up those wheel wells a bit.

...you did ask for opinions
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-15-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
hey Chris, thanx for the input. the truck has 22" chrome wheels for the summer time, and black wheels for the winter time. i've got pics of both above. the truck(2008) actually has a lot less chrome then i normally put on a truck, so going less isn't an option.

when gmc came out with the new body style of truck, they sucked the big one when they created the wheel well openings. i've got a 33" tire in there right now (biggest you can go with sub par rubbing) I know buddy's who have a 6" lift and are barely getting away with 35" rubber and having rubbing issues. the truck currently has a leveling kit on it, and that's as high as I want to go with it. other trucks look great with lifts, just like mine the way it is. which sucks, cuz i can't get bigger rubber in there.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-15-2009, 8:01 AM Reply   
Ryan, I think the truck looks good but you're right GM F'd up big time with the wheel wells on those trucks. It's impossible to have the wheel wells filled properly with the current design. I'd match up the rims if it's no more than $500ish otherwise it looks plenty good as is.

Question, have you added tower speakers yet? If not use the money there.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-15-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
hate n pain, that's my other delima. I ordered the boat without a stereo wanting to put in an aftermarket. my wife has sensitive ears I guess and doesn't want anything over kill done. still debating on what to do there. get it done with and get some wetsounds, or find some stock speakers/cans and just so I have something in there. what does something decent run for a setup?? I've got a clarion deck with remote, that's about it.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-15-2009, 7:38 PM Reply   
Well obviously it can get expensive pretty quickly but if you want a basic pro audio set up your gonna be a G into the speakers if you get a single pair plus a decent amp to power them another few hundred if you rip it off ebay like I do. If you install it yourself you'll be another hundoish for the kit's and wires. I guess you wouldn't want a sub since your wife's not down but obviously that would be nice too.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-16-2009, 3:45 AM Reply   
For your wife....

Upload
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-16-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
Ryan if your thinking about some Wet Sounds, I have a three-some for sale in Black. They would look sweet on your boat. Im located in Saskatoon, so it would be your cheapest option. You can see them in the classified section. or PM Me.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-19-2009, 8:40 PM Reply   
hate n pain, I'll look on ebay.

john, better option is to leave her on the beach and then put the ear plugs in her so I can't hear her when I'm pulling away

Jay, will they fit on my tower??