Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-29-2014, 1:40 PM Reply   
Looking for a new truck. Won't be towing much. Any that I pick will be 4x4, leather, V8. I know everyone will have an opinion, but are there any to stay away from? I am looking at the 2010-2011 years.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-29-2014, 2:19 PM Reply   
This won't take long to go bad. Should be funny though.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-29-2014, 2:30 PM Reply   
I had really good luck with my 2011 F150 Eco B, so much so that I traded it in for a new 2013
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-29-2014, 2:43 PM Reply   
I'd buy a Chevy, but not a GMC. I mean the quality of the engine and drivetrain are just worlds apart. GMC has been trying to steal the secrets of Chevy for decades now. It's just sad what has been done.
Old     (blackstang)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-29-2014, 3:11 PM Reply   
If buying a Ford F-150 make sure you go for the 2011 and up years. The 2010 and prior were the 5.4 motor and do not offer near the power or fuel economy of the Ecoboost or 5.0 motors of the 2011 and up ones!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-29-2014, 3:40 PM Reply   
Why not Toyota,Nissan or Honda?
Old     (steveo142)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-29-2014, 4:49 PM Reply   
they are all great trucks, it all depends on which style you prefer...
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-29-2014, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Honda?!??

I mean, the Tundra is definitely a truck, and the Titan is sort of a truck. Honda just accidentally shipped a few small SUVs without the rear portion of the roof.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-29-2014, 6:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Because he didn't ask about them.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-29-2014, 5:01 PM Reply   
No experience with any of them but a 2011 5.0L F150 Screw would likely be my top choice.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-29-2014, 5:03 PM Reply   
I am having issues with my 2010 Chevy and from researching am finding out that electrical problems are pretty common in Chevy's. Something to consider buying an older truck out of warranty.
Old     (gibbs114)      Join Date: Oct 2013       01-29-2014, 5:15 PM Reply   
I have had seven new trucks in my life 6 chevys and my current Ford F-250, I have nothing bad to say about chevy but I think Ford makes the best truck these days.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-29-2014, 6:23 PM Reply   
The Honda Ridgeline and truck should not be used in the same sentence.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-29-2014, 8:02 PM Reply   
Once we get the truck figured out, after 30 pages, THEN we can help him decide on the best boat to get!
Old     (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-29-2014, 9:51 PM Reply   
For gas prob. Toyota or Nissan
Diesel Chevy. Ford has not been able to prove them selves since the 7.3
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-30-2014, 2:56 AM Reply   
I read the title of this and thought we were talking about cars?! LMAO Toyota Tundra for the win!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-30-2014, 3:19 AM Reply   
Have you considered Peterbuilt, Freightliner or Mack?
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-30-2014, 3:42 AM Reply   
I have a 2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost and had a 2011 Tundra limited supercrew. Both are great trucks. Really if your not towing much any of the trucks listed will be great and problem free, just get which one you like best.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-30-2014, 6:53 AM Reply   
Well there was some good information and it didn't turn into the absolute train wreak that I thought. I didn't ask about Toyota, Nissan or Honda because I won't drive one. I was just looking for any serious complaints out there. I got a boat, I just don't tow it. Thanks.
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-30-2014, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Well there was some good information and it didn't turn into the absolute train wreak that I thought. I didn't ask about Toyota, Nissan or Honda because I won't drive one. I was just looking for any serious complaints out there. I got a boat, I just don't tow it. Thanks.
I was curious why you wouldn't drive a Toyota? Nothing personal just wandering...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-30-2014, 9:02 AM Reply   
Some people don't like to directly support non-American companies. I know, I don't get it either. My Dad is that way, he would rather not drive at all than drive a car from foreign manufacturer.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-30-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
The F150 and Tundra are tied for the most domestic parts and domestic built. Don't buy the lie that the American companies are simply American companies...

--My Dodge Caravan is Canadian.
--My dads old (sold) Dodge truck was Mexican
--His Ford ranger was Mexican I think
--My Honda Odyssey is made in America
--Dodge - or should I say "Ram" since there ain't no dodge trucks anymore... - is now owned by Fiat so you may as well rule that out if you rule out foreign owned companies.

From what I've seen the domestic companies have done everything they can to get parts and vehicles made in other countries while the foreign auto companies have done everything they can to build stuff here.

Go figure.
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-30-2014, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
The F150 and Tundra are tied for the most domestic parts and domestic built. Don't buy the lie that the American companies are simply American companies...

--My Dodge Caravan is Canadian.
--My dads old (sold) Dodge truck was Mexican
--His Ford ranger was Mexican I think
--My Honda Odyssey is made in America
--Dodge - or should I say "Ram" since there ain't no dodge trucks anymore... - is now owned by Fiat so you may as well rule that out if you rule out foreign owned companies.

From what I've seen the domestic companies have done everything they can to get parts and vehicles made in other countries while the foreign auto companies have done everything they can to build stuff here.

Go figure.
You beat me to it!! lol That is correct info.. And the Tundra has actually continued each generation with more America content than the previous.

They also did not need bailed by the Gov..

And the built a $9 million Health Care Facility to serve their workers and dependants..

And more importantly...It pulled the Space Shuttle Endeavour!!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-30-2014, 12:32 PM Reply   
My Ford F-250 puked! My Chev CK3500 puked!, I am now with a Ram 3500 diesel, and couldn't be more happy!! ( with the tow capacity and mileage)
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-30-2014, 1:55 PM Reply   
Foreign has nothing to do with it. I drive a BMW now.
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-30-2014, 2:21 PM Reply   
I've always been a Chevy guy, but my next truck will probably be the F150 EB. I hear it hauls like a scalded dog. Plus I'm not a fan of Gubmint Motors.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-30-2014, 3:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post
I've always been a Chevy guy, but my next truck will probably be the F150 EB. I hear it hauls like a scalded dog. Plus I'm not a fan of Gubmint Motors.
You mean Obama Motors?
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       02-04-2014, 6:09 PM Reply   
Dodge
. I have experience with just about all of the manufacturers and they are all good trucks. One has a problem with this or one has a problem with that. Non are fail proof. With dodge you will get more for your money. More options and features for thousands less then ford or Chevy. In most cases. Gas mileage isn't great but they have fun power and sound good. I like the dodge ride better and interior and exterior styling.
Give it a few more months and check out the new 1500 diesel dodge is coming out with.
Old     (fic)      Join Date: May 2008       02-05-2014, 3:54 AM Reply   
Yes Tundra is built here and provides jobs, but the higher paying jobs of engineering and corporate is over seas and thats where the profit goes, so thats why some on this forum will only buy American its whole package not just assembly, so Dodge goverment bailout and then sold to Fiat bailout payed back, Chevy goverment bailout built 11 new car factorys in China , 8 new engine foundrys in China and moved desigh studios to China and shafted stock holders and union, which leaves only Ford as an American company , I used to support the big three but until something changes I will only support as much as possible those companys which represent our well fare , we are a small family owned bussiness and dont receive any help from the goverment , but they arent making easy!
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-05-2014, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fic View Post
Yes Tundra is built here and provides jobs, but the higher paying jobs of engineering and corporate is over seas and thats where the profit goes, so thats why some on this forum will only buy American its whole package not just assembly, so Dodge goverment bailout and then sold to Fiat bailout payed back, Chevy goverment bailout built 11 new car factorys in China , 8 new engine foundrys in China and moved desigh studios to China and shafted stock holders and union, which leaves only Ford as an American company , I used to support the big three but until something changes I will only support as much as possible those companys which represent our well fare , we are a small family owned bussiness and dont receive any help from the goverment , but they arent making easy!

LOL - at least get your facts right. Tundra was completely designed, engineered, AND made here in good ole 'Merica

Not sure what the point is with your post. Ford regularly gives their clientele the finger. (one example - ford diesel debacle) , Dodge is now Ram is now Fiat which is italian, GM - yeah, what a mess that company is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fic View Post
so thats why some on this forum will only buy American its whole package not just assembly,
The Tundra ties the F150 as the MOST domestic sourced parts and assembly for a half ton. People that think otherwise are just uninformed. The engine block in my wifes honda odyssey was forged in America even. We are not just talking about assembly here.

This is a few years old but should open your eyes a bit:
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...n_is_Your_Car/

This list and others are a bit misleading as they often throw Mexico and Canada into the equation - last time I checked, those are different countries.

I'll stick to my statement from before:

The domestic manufactures are doing whatever they can to make and assemble stuff outside this country while the foreign manufactures are doing whatever they can to make and assemble stuff inside this country.

People that continue to buy just because they "think" it is an American company need to get educated. Buy what is right for you, not because you "feel" a company has your personal welfare in mind. Do you really think any corporation cares to that degree? (if you do, pass the pipe over here)
Old     (cassidyb)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-05-2014, 6:44 PM Reply   
found this while doing some truck research of my own, while its a diesel vs gas study there is some relevant information in regards to total cost of ownership between the big 4 brands.

http://www.dieselforum.org/files/dmf...ort_dd2017.pdf
Old     (fic)      Join Date: May 2008       02-06-2014, 3:58 AM Reply   
So is Toyota head quarters with all the high paying jobs now located in the USA ?
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-06-2014, 6:04 AM Reply   
At this point we need more middle-paying blue collar jobs like assembly line workers than more high paid CEOS. I'd rather see factories being built here paying lots of workers good wages but have the CEOs in Japan than see more Gov't Motors products being assembled in Mexico with CEOs in the rathole of detroit.
Old     (0klahoma_Breakdown)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2014, 6:50 AM Reply   
Three months ago I upgraded from an 08 Sierra 2500 with the 6.0 gasser to an 11 Sierra 2500 with the newest (i think) 6.6 Duramax. Super impressed by the truck and motor. This one rides better than the 08 and has gone from a 12mpg average to around 16 city. I always wondered about the guys that stated they would never go back to a gasser..... I think I am probably in the same boat now. Just cant get that grin off my face when I lay into the gas and this is all stock. I think for me, the only other option would be an eco-boost however I have not driven one. With my needs I would probably exceed the F-150's max bed load and have to at least add bags.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-27-2014, 12:43 PM Reply   
I went with a Ram 1500 crew cab Laramie. Should have it in a week.(shipping it in). Damn used trucks are expensive!!!!!
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       02-27-2014, 8:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
I went with a Ram 1500 crew cab Laramie. Should have it in a week.(shipping it in). Damn used trucks are expensive!!!!!
Good choice, you're gonna love that Dodge. And yeah the markup on used is getting pretty bad. I bought an 08 Dodge 1500 4 door new back in 08. Sticker on it was right at $32k, but ended up driving it off the lot for $23k. Drove it for 3 years and put 50,000 miles on it, then traded it in and the dealer put it out on their lot for $19,500. These days you can almost get a better deal on a new truck than you can on a used one.
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-27-2014, 6:17 PM Reply   
Test drive the hemi sport larime
ford 5.0
ford eco boost.

I pulled my boat with each one. I like my EB and it has been a great truck. Pulls great. Got rid of my duracrap because it was in the shop 7 times in a yr. id opt for the ecoboost
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-27-2014, 6:37 PM Reply   
Chris, did you read Paul's last post? He already bought a truck.
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-28-2014, 2:25 AM Reply   
Chevy, as for me. With fuel management.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-28-2014, 7:13 AM Reply   
I just picked up a '13 Ecoboost F150 SCREW Platinum 4x4. I really like it. Don't be fooled by the hype, it gets a solid 16.1 mpg. It's really nice though.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-28-2014, 7:18 AM Reply   
Its hard to not enjoy that turbo to much