Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (tige22ityper)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-29-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
My boat has a Mercruiser 350 MPI/315 hp motor. I took it out yesterday for a few hours with the kids.......just floated and swam. Ran back to the dock. Everything was perfect. Then about 4 hours later, the wife and I decided to go out for a late set. Turned the key, the motor cranked, but didn't fire. Tried for about 5 minutes, but nothing. Thought it might be vapor lock. In the 6 seasons I have had the boat, it has never done this before. Maybe the fuel pump went out somehow? i would think there would be some type of warning sign that would have signaled something was wrong when I was out earlier in the day?

I let it sit overnight and tried again at 6am this morning, but still nothing. I am supposed to leave for a camping trip and was going to take the boat. Any ideas??? I am at work so will have a few hours tonight and a few in the morning to figure it out. It has 3/4 tank of good fuel, all the lights, accessories work just fine. I tried spraying the "cool fuel" lines on the port side of the block with cold water this morning. I am thinking of checking spark next, then not sure which way to go. I don't have alot of experience with marine fuel injected motors. Should I check the fuel filter? Water/fuel separator?

Any insight would be great! I posted this at tigeowners.com last night, but the firewall at work won't let me in to see the responses!!

Thanks! Your help is much appreciated!
Old    Ben Kerran            08-29-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
MXboarder-I assume you checked the ignition safety cord?
Old     (tige22ityper)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-29-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
I don't have one on my boat. Just the key by itself. But if I did, I would have definitely checked it.
Old     (ridehartwell)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-29-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
some engines with EFI have two small electrical modules that triggers the fuel injection. On the GT40's, they are back on the rear of the engine. You can clean off the contacts and try this, if you indeed have them. Sounds like a ground or electrical challenge. Good luck.
Old     (ridehartwell)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-29-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
some engines with EFI have two small electrical modules that triggers the fuel injection. On the GT40's, they are back on the rear of the engine. You can clean off the contacts and try this, if you indeed have them. Sounds like a ground or electrical challenge. Good luck.