Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (FrankJohnson)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-28-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
hey y'all
im just starting to get good at wakesurfing and want to start doing some tricks, just wondering which one i should try

thanks alot frank :c ool::coo l:
Old     (FrankJohnson)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-30-2010, 12:53 AM Reply   
hello
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       11-30-2010, 5:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
hello
Tricks are for kidz
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-30-2010, 2:11 PM Reply   
Frank, do you ride skim or surf?

The first trick to learn is a frontside lipslide. Come up the wake and kick the tail of the board over the lip. It's a really fun trick and feels really good when you extend your back leg all the way.

A floater is an easy trick. Just drift up to the lip of the wake and float up there for a while before coming back down into the wake.

And then you can try frontside boardslides. Come up the wake and get the nose of the board over the lip of the wake. A tip is to use your back foot to pul the tail towards the boat. Its a fun trick and looks really good when you get it solid.
Old     (FrankJohnson)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-01-2010, 1:24 AM Reply   
cool thanks mitch
i dont know i think its a surfer it is a phase 5 icon
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       12-01-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
cool thanks mitch
i dont know i think its a surfer it is a phase 5 icon
Drew Daniello did an instructional video a while back that was very informative.

You can do a google search for it and find it.

Also go to www.slayshtank.com and Chase Hazen also has some instructionals there as well.
Old     (FrankJohnson)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-02-2010, 4:54 AM Reply   
cool ill hav a look
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-02-2010, 12:14 PM Reply   
Frank, phase5 makes skim style boards. That opens you up to a lot of tricks such as shuvits. Once you get the 3 tricks i mentioned you can start to work on shuvits or 360s. I think shuvits are easier than 360s, but most people probably say the opposite.
Old     (wakeridercwb)      Join Date: Dec 2010       12-28-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
I think shuvits are a lot harder than 360s...maybe just for me because you dont take the change of falling on your board