Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-16-2010, 7:33 PM Reply   
Thinking about purchasing a wakeology board tomorrow! Anyone rode these boards? Looking at the Stoke 137.
Old    ScottRobinson            08-16-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
Well.... you are in luck.... I just bought one literally from Jason over there and it came about 4 days ago. I just got back from the lake about an hour ago and I rode it for the first time. I bought that exact board. I LOVED IT! It had amazing grip, which is something I wanted but also I thought the pop was just nutz. I got two boards from them and didn't even try the other one I loved the stoke so much. I also got their new Matrix closed toe bindings. Super awesome there too. Only thing I would change is have two ties instead of one. Ties were just too long.

Buy it....Talk to Lance Cannon on here too, he may hook you up. Or just email Jason at WO and ask to talk to him. I love this board and I am sooo happy to have it. Plus I love the way it looks too...the yellow bottom is cool as hell to me.
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-17-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
Parker, I ride the Stoke 137 as well! Great board and pop! I use the center fins since the molded fins are small, nice to be able to ride either way. Keep in mind I am a regional rider for Wakeology as well.

-Rob
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-17-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
Parker ~~ Your looking at a board that is super fun to ride. I ride for Wakeology myself and choose the Stoke 137 for my boat board. I have since changed to a 1" fin instead of the 1.5" it comes with. Once on edge the board tracks super smooth all the way through the wake. For an abrupt 3 stage the pop is very consistent either TS or HS. If your riding the premier still you will love the change to the Stoke. Scott is right either Lance or Jason will take care of you. If you get a chance to hit cable or rails take a look at the Sick Transit.

Scott ~~ Wakeology will have to option to convert your bindings to the double tie system real soon. Hit em up at info@wakeology.com and see when their planning on getting that upgrade available. Glad to hear you really liked your first set on the board...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-17-2010, 9:08 AM Reply   
Anyone delt with their warranty dept? That is a huge deal for when picking a company to ride.... Slingshot was awesome while Kyle was around, now I hear horror stories...

I would really like to try wakeology or sine
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-17-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
I started WO with their OG board and first session out I broke my fin on the ice. Well a quick text and it was in the mail before I got home. I haven't had trouble with the boards yet but I'm sure Lance or Jason will jump through hoops for you.

Nick ~~ If you ever find yourself in UT let me know, I have the Stoke and Sick for demo.
Old    ScottRobinson            08-17-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
Yes I can't wait to get the laces issue taken care of. Altho not a huge deal just a pain to get them off under the water when I have had to wrap the laces around a few times. Love the board and boots though.
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-17-2010, 9:45 PM Reply   
Ordered me a Stoke 137 today and a stoke 132 for my girlfriend. Did the three day shipping so hoping to test it out this weekend!
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       08-18-2010, 4:17 AM Reply   
I have on on the way. So ill let you know.
Old    ScottRobinson            08-18-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
Ross.... so wrap it once around the boot after it is tight then through the pull fob.... still seems long. I am ok with it for now, but as soon as they have a fix I am having them send it to me.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-18-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
Parker & Lee ~~ Let us all know what you think after you get a taste of the Stoke 137.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-18-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
** This just in**

Nothing confirmed but I got some hints about wakeology 2011... Something with double lace system, 6" plates, Grind base board, and flex board.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       08-18-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
Nice....are they going to be at expo next month?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-18-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
Lee ~~ I'm really not sure? From what I got their still in the works for the new gear.
Old     (ClutchIndustries)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-18-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
Scott. I wrap it once around my boot once tight. Then where the front tongue gets shoved into the binding i take the leather fob on the laces, turn it vertically, and stick it between my binding and the tongue. keeps it from flopping around.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-19-2010, 4:13 PM Reply   
You have to check out this 2010 sneak a peak video Wakeology just shot with the team in TX. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W3GcB7r36w