Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-11-2013, 6:26 PM Reply   
Anyone know anything about the new Mastercraft X46? Rumor is it may be available my April? Is this fact or fiction?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-11-2013, 9:06 PM Reply   
Never heard of the X-46. Is that like the X-44...?

Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-12-2013, 4:44 AM Reply   
I would be surprised if they strayed from the X45 designation....... I wouldn't be surprised if they redesigned the boat. The current X45 is the oldest wakeboat in the linup right now. (The X2 was only a mild refresh, but a refresh nonetheless.)

There was rumors about an X65 also (based on the CSX265), but those rumors have been pretty quiet the last couple months.
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-12-2013, 7:15 AM Reply   
Here is a post on Mastercraft.com...see post from ForrestX45 "No more X-45 after 2013. That's from muiltiple sources, but I sure hope they are wrong.

One of the best selling boats ever in the MC line and it will be discontinued. Only rumor right now is a redesign maybe in 2015 as a X-46 with more of a 55 or 35 layout. I sure hope not because one of the best features of the 45 is the current layout and seating. That's why I have one and not a 35 or 55" http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=51210. I also heard rumblings of it at the boat show and the talk was an April release..seems a little agressive to me thought.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-12-2013, 7:25 AM Reply   
There are so many different X##'s that they all just blend together....
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-12-2013, 7:49 AM Reply   
I agree that the X45 is a great layout and design.....

The only thing that I heard about the new X45, was that it would be more like a large version of the X25. Being as the X25 sells 2x to almost every other MC (x30 is getting there also), I wouldn't be surprised if that was the direction they headed in. I certainly think the X25 is a good layout. It is a lot better than the X35 and X55.

A larger version of the 25 might be a good addition. That being said, I think a deep-v would be a bad idea for the handling on the X45. I think they should keep the hull, and just "update" the interior a little bit. Similar to the refresh on the X2.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-12-2013, 10:00 AM Reply   
I think they should overhaul the x2 hull and go with an x25 style hull personally. I've never ridden an x2 but friends have told me the wake is on the smaller side. The hybrid v hull goes further on a smaller boat IMO
Also as far as I know the new star is a return to the gen 1 star style of hull, which is shared with a nautique style, not a V but multiple steps down to the bottom of the hull. Redesigns may follow this trend, I could be wrong but that's what I had heard about the star.

The gen 2 star was such a reliable hull. I would love to see an upstart company buy that mold and rework it in places and develop a budget boat. Chances of that happening are slim, I know, but it would be nice to see that hull return. Sorry off topic I know but we were on the subject of hulls #endrant

Last edited by simplej; 02-12-2013 at 10:06 AM.