Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-15-2012, 1:26 PM Reply   
I have been waiting impatiently over the last few weeks to see how the 2013 SlingShot line-up would shake out.....just saw some pics of it in the "2013 Boards and Bindings" thread (great looking/interesting boards being put out by all of the mfg's....always an exciting time). Does anyone know if there will be a 2013 SS Lyman board offered? I know he's not riding anymore, but was hoping they would release another one this year. I have a 2012 SS Lyman and absolutely love it - so I've been thinking ahead for a replacement for when mine is worn out. If there are not going to be anymore Lyman's, any idea of something similar in terms of boat riding only (no cable, no rails) in the 2013 SS line-up? I might end up picking off another 2012 SS Lyman on clearance and just stashing it in the closet for when the time comes.

Thanks guys
Old     (TBell)      Join Date: May 2011       08-16-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
I hear Slingshot is keeping it a secret release, but have the pictures hidden somewhere on their website...
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-16-2012, 2:16 PM Reply   
Tyson - thank you for the response and color on the situation. Fingers crossed that they really do release a 2013 Lyman....hands down one of the most impressive boards I've been on.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-16-2012, 5:32 PM Reply   
Posted on the Jap SlingShot FB page a half hour ago. Looks Sick!!!!
Attached Images

Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-16-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
I saw a bunch of 2013 product on a European slingshot facebook page
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-16-2012, 7:37 PM Reply   
WOW!!!! Christmas come early......great find Joe Lo. This just made my week. My riding buddy was bummed as well when we thought there might not be a 2013 Lyman.....I'll pass this along. Thanks.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-17-2012, 12:04 PM Reply   
My pleasure. I hope I'm lucky enough to get to ride one.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-17-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
Was there a collaboration between the lyman boards and charity for soldiers? I thought I heard something about Lyman leaving the industry but still have a pro model and some profits would be donated to charity? I don't remember where I heard this or if it's even true but I thought it was really up-standing of slingshot and Lyman to do it. Such a great guy and rider.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-17-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
It is true. What would of been Lymans cut of the board sales is going to soldier charities.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-17-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristian View Post
It is true. What would of been Lymans cut of the board sales is going to soldier charities.
Thats class act right there! I may just buy this board now. I love the graphics, never ridden a slingshot but may pick one up
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2012, 11:59 PM Reply   
pretty sure that lyman added his cut into the donation that slingshot (the brand) had already set aside for each board too. so both lyman and slingshot itself donate a bit to the charity with each board

i kinda like the idea of putting 2012 shredtown boots on this 2013 lyman for a splash of contrasting brilliant colors
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-18-2012, 4:29 AM Reply   
Yeah I don't know the exact details..... they were explained in a press release from slingshot somewhere..... anycase, it's very cool. There should be more stuff like that going around.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-18-2012, 12:04 PM Reply   
Lyman's royalties are matched by Slingshot and the money goes to the Wounded Warrior Project, pretty awesome.