Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-03-2012, 3:04 PM Reply   
I would like to replace the carpet in my 06 Sanger v210. Option 1 is to pull out all the seats and recarpet the entire deck and put it all back in. Obviously a lot of work if I do it...and I always seem to end up with an extra screw (or screw loose as it may seem). I priced out having a local upholestry shop do it and its roughly $1,200.

Option 2 - cut out the main deck area and either glue in replacement carpet butting it up to the seat bases or sealing the wood deck and putting snap-in carpet with bound edges. The cost will be around $300 - $400.

Since the locker carpet is is in good shape, I can't find a negative reason not to go option 2.

Opinions?
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-03-2012, 5:30 PM Reply   
Hey Tom. I have a friend that put snap out carpet right overtop of his old carpet in his 2002 Xstar and it looks great. I would save yourself the hassel of ripping out the old carpet and just add snaps to the top and put the new carpet right overtop.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-04-2012, 7:54 AM Reply   
Thanks. Im thinking I will cut out the carpet in the seating area, seal the wood and then put in the snap in. Nice to hear that some one else has done it
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       02-04-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
I would probably go with the first option, but do it myself.

If you do option 2 or some variation I would remove the old carpet. You don't want that holding water in the boat under another layer and not being able to dry. If you do snaps use 4200 or some form of sealant on the screws so they stay tight and don't get water in the holes or under the deck.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-04-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
MB is using magnets instead of snaps, may want to look into that if you're doing it yourself. Sounds cool to me, if they're strong enough not to let the carpet go while driving down the highway!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-04-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
steam clean your current carpet, rent a cleaner at the supermarket
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-04-2012, 10:49 PM Reply   
The current carpet is starting to shred so its not worth cleaning. If I go option 2 route, good reason to take out the carpet. I'm going to seal the wood deck too. Like the idea of sealing the snaps. Thanks
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       02-06-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
I did mine last spring. I did just the cockpit area and tucked it unfer the seat bases. It turned out really nice. Here's the link. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787634
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       02-06-2012, 12:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newty View Post
I did mine last spring. I did just the cockpit area and tucked it unfer the seat bases. It turned out really nice. Here's the link. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787634
How is the carpet normally installed at the factory? Is it put in before the upper and lower hull are put together in one big piece?
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       02-06-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
Yes. However the carpet under the seats and the lockers were in perfect condition, so I opted just to replace the carpet in the cabin.
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       02-06-2012, 6:06 PM Reply   
I've got snap in carpet that goes over top of the factory stuff, usually the factory carpet doesn't get real wet but we take the snap out carpet out at the end of every day to let everything dry anyways
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-06-2012, 11:23 PM Reply   
Newt - awesome job on the redo. Makes sense just to lift the bases...at least you can find the screw holes easier when putting it back.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       02-07-2012, 6:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerTom View Post
Makes sense just to lift the bases...at least you can find the screw holes easier when putting it back.
On my boat ('00 Mastercraft 230 VRS) I don't think I'd have any other option but to just lift the seat bases. They appear to be part of the upper hull and not really removable unless I wanted to split the hull.