Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (Rach07)      Join Date: May 2011       05-20-2011, 9:45 PM Reply   
I'm looking to buy a new wakeboard and wondering if anyone has the ronix quarter to midnight board and what its like? Any comments would be great. Thanks
Old     (jdameron)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-23-2011, 8:31 AM Reply   
I have the 2010 Dahlia, which is the same board. The quarter til midnigh is the 2011 version of the Dahlia. The board is awesome, I love it! It is really light weight and has great pop of the wake. It really has an abrupt three stage rocker that makes the transition and landing very smooth. I would definitely recommend this board.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       06-23-2011, 12:55 PM Reply   
I don't think that is actually accurate Janelle (BTW congrats on the engagement)

I just picked up my GF the Quarter til midnight and my brother and another riding buddy have the men's version. This board was designed for beginners looking to advance to intermediate all in one board. It has a continuous rocker on the bottom of the board and then a 3 stage on the edges. The continuous on the bottom helps with learning to jump the wake as most beginners tend to flatten out when they get close to the wake. The 3 stage on the edges is great for once you start to progress as you learn to stay on edge more for your bigger air and tricks. So far all 3 folks in my crew that have the board (mens/womens) love it. It is a wider board so it is very stable as well. A 4th member of the crew is deciding between it and the Faith Hope Love today.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-24-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruizza View Post
I don't think that is actually accurate Janelle (BTW congrats on the engagement)

I just picked up my GF the Quarter til midnight and my brother and another riding buddy have the men's version. This board was designed for beginners looking to advance to intermediate all in one board. It has a continuous rocker on the bottom of the board and then a 3 stage on the edges. The continuous on the bottom helps with learning to jump the wake as most beginners tend to flatten out when they get close to the wake. The 3 stage on the edges is great for once you start to progress as you learn to stay on edge more for your bigger air and tricks. So far all 3 folks in my crew that have the board (mens/womens) love it. It is a wider board so it is very stable as well. A 4th member of the crew is deciding between it and the Faith Hope Love today.
Actually it's a continuous rocker on the outer edges for more speed to the wake and a three stage in the middle for more lift off the wake when the board flattens out.Haley Smith and Mike Ferraro worked together to design this very versatile board.By the way it is a AWESOME board.
Old     (jdameron)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-27-2011, 12:21 PM Reply   
Hang on there Brian - Are you talking about the faith love hope board? That's different from the quarter til midnight. I saw the pics on FB and it looks like your crew has the FLH board and not quarter til midnight.

I was told by the Ronix rep that the quarter til midnight was the same as the dahlia at surf expo. But i did just order it and got it (after I posted my first respone) and it is definitely not the same. The Dahlia is a 3 stage and the Quarter is only a continuous. Talk about disappointing!! I really prefer a 3 stage to continuous. Sad day :-( Just gonna have to learn to love a continuous I guess.
Old     (jdameron)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-27-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
Oh! BTW ...Thank you ReRe I miss you tons!!
Old     (HayleySmith)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-10-2011, 2:18 PM Reply   
Hi guys, just to clarify these are two different shapes you are talking about. The QTM is a mix between continuous and 3 stage so has the best of both worlds. It is a board that releases well off the wake is really poppy and lands smooth. It does also have a softer top sheet than the bottom providing a few advantages from thee way it releases off the wake and the way it rides on rails. It is the perfect cross over boat for boat and cable (rails and air tricks)

It is a wider board than most are use to, I've gone from riding a 136 to the 134 QTM.

Here is the product video which Mike and I go into more details

http://http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fw atch%3Fv%3DwrHul93r_9k&v=wrHul93r_9k&gl=US

Hope you guys are liking this board, there has been tones of positive feedback from Australia.

Hayley
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-11-2011, 2:06 PM Reply   
Janelle we have both boards in our crew. Tek's GF rides the Faith Hope Love and my GF rides the Quarter til Midnight. My post was about the Quarter til midnight board not the faith hope love.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-11-2011, 3:01 PM Reply   
Heres the video Haley was referring to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrHul93r_9k