Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-15-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
I got a 93 sport and want to do more surfing. We set up my 85 2001 and only someone who could prevously surf could figure out the tiny curl. I couldnt teach anyone else how to surf on it. I am hoping this new rig will be better and I was hoping some people can set me up with some ideas on how to set it up or if others had experiece with the 93-97 hull on a sport. I will have 2 400# sacks and can get more if I need but I am primarily a boarder with something else to do when there are a lot of people out on the lake. Let me know what I cAN DO :-)
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-15-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
I have line surfed both the port and starboard wakes on that vintage Sport Nautique and it was fun. I think we were running a 400 lb. sac on one side of the engine and another in between the engine and rear seat along with four tractor weights that weight around 75-100 lbs a piece. We didnt' have a great wakesurf board and never figured out how to drop the line though.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-16-2008, 5:39 AM Reply   
I definately want to learn how to drop the line. I love the v drive wakes but I dont have one myself unfortunately.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-16-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
You shouldn't need a V-drive wake, it all comes down to where your weight is distributed as the DD hulls in alot of cases are the same shape. We just haven't figured out how to weight/what speed to get the push needed. I have also bought a better wakesurf board too hoping that will help.
Old     (gary_in_ia)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-16-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
I have a 93 Sport too...and yes you can surf behind it without the rope. I didn't have much success early on with the port side, but the starboard side works. This past year i've been running with 2-400 pound sacks - one on the right side of rear seat and the other the right side of the floor. Usually I have some people sitting in the back corner too. I think some people/weight is helpful in the spotters seat. I haven't tried any weight in the nose, but I think that might help some too. As for speed, seems like the best is just a bit higher than the speed when the wake cleans up.
Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-22-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
chck out the inland video on their website, they are surfing behind a closebowcheck out their setup.