Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (nathan1pure)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-07-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
Big time kuddos to Skiers Choice for stepping up and backing their product. Just to give an update to those who did not read my previous thread here it is below.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/474849.html?1185211393

Anyways, I found out today they are going to pick up the bill in fixing my '06 21V. First off, I love this boat and I am glad SC is standing behind their product. Secondly, a lesson to all who have a warranty claim. NEVER take no for the first answer. It may take you a couple of calls to the Dealer or in my case SC but always press them to take a second look. And be smart about it by not throwing it in there face or threatening them. Just tell them how much you love your boat and how you are a big fan. You will get a lot farther that way then pulling out the guns.

So as I get off my soap box I wish all warranty claims the best and hope you have as much success as I did.

Thank you Skiers Choice.
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-07-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
I don't understand why they wouldn't warranty it in the first place???
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-07-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
I agree why would they not warranty a swim platform falling of an 06 boat. Sounds like skiers choice is losing some future sales from the recent pub they have recieved for trying to jam customers with warranty repairs. Good luck with your boat you may want to sell it and buy something else soon.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-07-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
"So as I get off my soap box I wish all warranty claims the best and hope you have as much success as I did."

The boat is less than 2 years old, why is it a big deal that they warrantied it?
Old    murphy8166            08-07-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
I agree. Maybe we should change the thread title to:

Skiers Choice "congratulations for doing the job I paid you to do"
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-07-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
LOL........

Shouldn't take a kick in the a@@ to get it done. They should put some backer plates in during construction. Seems obvious anyways....

(Message edited by waterfreak on August 07, 2007)
Old     (nathan1pure)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-07-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
Slow down fellas. I never been a fan of flaming companies so easy. The point of this thread was to show that with a gentle touch you can get things accomplished instead of bashing them on the phone or on the web. Kind of like the pen is mightier then the sword type thing. Anyways, dealing with large companies can be difficult and you need to know how to navigate the red tape.

My issue was due to a limited warranty which all you need to read because it is standard for certain parts of your boats to be included in this situation. Does not matter if it is Supra, Malibu, or whatever other boat that is on this earth. Read your manuals and you will be surprised at what is covered for life and what is limited.
Old     (nathan1pure)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-07-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
Waterfreak

Yeah the whole backing plate was a no brainer to me also and Supra now does it. Mine boat was a custom boat so I think they got a little ahead of themselves when making it and missed on that one.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-07-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
Quote "I agree. Maybe we should change the thread title to:

Skiers Choice "congratulations for doing the job I paid you to do""

Thats funny. I wouldn't call a company of around 200 people large.
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-08-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
I agree that you a good/pleasant attitude will most likely get you further, however sometimes the sqeaky wheel get the grease. Looks like you did both.

OK, this truly makes it official for me in terms of considering A Skiers Choice product. Maybe I am wrong in thinking that the manufacture should stand behind the product they make? I believe the platform is part of the boat not an option. Many, many years ago some inboard boats did not come with a swim platform but nowadays it is a standard item IMO.

So... now that I sold my boat and have a significant amount of money to put towards a new boat guess which manufacturer is not in the running. Its a shame because I do like the looks of the Supras but I will not run the risk of a possible unforeseen expense or a headache.

Per your other post, If you didn't ask a second time to get it fixed by the manufacture you would have been out $1500?!?!

Should you even have to ask a second time for the manufacturer to fix your 06 platform when it "falls off"?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-08-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
You shouldn't of had to make more than 1 call to the dealership for it to be warrantied. Stand by their product, please after you had to go over the dealers head and call SC how many times. Glad you got it fixed but I don't think this is something to brag about.
Old     (nathan1pure)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-08-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
It did suck that I had to do extra leg work but it was taken care of and that is all that matters to me.

TR - as for taking Supra off your list. That is a shame. If you look about thirty posts down there is a kid who's Master Craft warranty issues sucked also. So, its going to happen no matter what brand you buy. Someone somewhere is going to have an issue. Just keep up with your warranty and like I said. Don't take the first no you receive. Always question and dig politely and you will get a lot further. That is the main thing I tried to get across.

SC was not trying to weasel out they just needed to dig a little deeper into my issue and realize that yes, it is our fault and we will fix it. That is exactly what they did.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-08-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
"NEVER take no for the first answer. It may take you a couple of calls to the Dealer or in my case SC but always press them to take a second look."

Sounds like they didn't want to pay for it or even consider looking at it.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-08-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
Nathan- Correct me if I'm wrong, but this sounds more like a dealer issue to me than a SC issue. Sounds like the dealer didn't want to cover it under the warrentee, but after a call to SC it sounds like they directed the dealer to cover it?

Most of the time when there is a dispute over warentee claims it is because of a poor dealer. A lot of people don't understand that the company (CC, BU, SC, etc) do not have a direct hand in customer service, as it is the dealers reponsibility to take care of the customer. In turn it ends up being "_______ (insert your favorite manufacture)is screwing me because they won't fix this" When in most cases it is the dealer.

I love my 21v and haven't had any issues with getting things fixed through my dealer.
Old     (nathan1pure)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-08-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
It could have been. They "said" they submitted the request to SC the first go around. Not sure what the issue was on the initial request. It could have been they thought it was abuse because of the way it ripped out. It looked really bad. Not just a simple striped bolt. I don't blame them too much cause I have seen people at sandbars with a pile of people on their platforms. Anyways, when they dug deeper and started to fix it they noticed no backing plates. Ding, ding. So thats when they realized they forgot a step when putting her together. Now it is fixed. Its all good.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-09-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
TR said:
"Its a shame because I do like the looks of the Supras but I will not run the risk of a possible unforeseen expense or a headache."

You might want to steer clear of buying a boat of any kind then. Unforseen expenses are a very real part of boat ownership, period.

Bashing SC really seems in fashion lately. Everyone seems to be piling on. Many are going by hearsay alone. I have a friend that had many problems with his Malibu. Racks falling off, gelcoat cracks, tower rattling just to name a few of the problems he encountered. There were other issues that I can't readily recall. The dealer had it more than he did. He missed a lot of boating. The dealer let his boat sit out in the weather for months. After much complaining and arguing with Malibu, they ended up offering him a "good deal" on a new boat. Out of frustration he took the offer. I've got a similar Mastercraft story. It can happen with any manufacturer. I think that the dealer that you buy from has more to do with your satisfaction than the brand of boat that you choose to purchase.

Jman
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-12-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
"You might want to steer clear of buying a boat of any kind then." I had very good luck with my old boat for 9+ years, The only thing (knock on wood) that was an unforseen expense was one starter relay.

"Unforseen expenses are a very real part of boat ownership, period." Not for an 06 IMO.