Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (murphie07)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-05-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
What are the best lakes to live on in the US for wakeboarding and other water sports?
Old    jetgofish            07-05-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
The California Delta !
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-05-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
Gee Teri how'd I know you'd be the one to post that?
Old     (69flyguy)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-05-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
"...The California Delta !"

Ditto...
What other "lake" can be blown out, yet nothing but butter around the corner...
Old    jetgofish            07-05-2005, 9:37 AM Reply   
David - You can take the water away from the girl, but you can't take the Delta out of her! Although "The California Delta" might not be a lake I agree with 69flyguy 1000%!!!

(Message edited by jetgofish on July 05, 2005)
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-05-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
I do agree with you though. If I could afford it I'd be living on the water right there in Disco Bay.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-05-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
I'm close enough.
Old     (murphie07)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-05-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
How about someplace besides the Delta. I do live NorCal, but I am looking for something else. Nice lake, good schools for the kiddies, as well as good weather. O about cheaper housing prices. Like to take the equity out of my house and buy a big pad fully paid off next to a lake.
Old    jetgofish            07-05-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
Jack are you looking to stay in Cali or are you looking to move out of state? Perhaps you should look in the Texas area, Austin to be more specific or Florida ... personally I'd rather brave the earthquakes vs. hurricanes. I have a few friends who live in the Lake Austin area and love it, cheaper, lots of wakeboarding to be done and good weather. Not sure about schooling though, they don't have children. If you like the rain and the colder climate you can check out Lake Washington or Smammish (sp) in Washington - Joe Umali can give you more info on that area.

(Message edited by jetgofish on July 05, 2005)
Old    mile_high_rider            07-05-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
priest lake, lake ponderle(sp) lake core d lane(SP) are all in idaho, and beautifull.
Old    fl_girl            07-06-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
Lake Conway in Orlando is really nice. 3 chain lake, clean water, good schools, only like a mile or two from OWC. I found a house w/ hurricane damage on the lake and they want $650,000.00 for it(pretty much paying for the lot I guess)
Old     (boardordie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-06-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
There's some pretty good lakes in Southern KY and Northern TN... Norris Lake, Cumberland Lake, Dale Hollow, Berkley Lake. All of these lakes average 100 ft. deep, are extremely clean, and have lots of fingers and coves to get out the wind.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-06-2005, 2:29 PM Reply   
Im going to agree with Kevin norris, dale hollow and cumberland are all great lakes!

If you want to live on a nice lake i would pick norris lake.
Dale hollow and cumberland are very nice as well, but good luck finding a home right on the lake.
Old    willowjeff2            07-13-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
Sorry boys but the real lakes are in Minnesota, but you are all welcome to come and try them out for yourself.
Old    boardonwater134            07-13-2005, 10:26 AM Reply   
Table Rock, and Beaver Lake....
Best lake ever to go to, Lake Powell
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-13-2005, 10:46 AM Reply   
Jeff ~ Real lakes???

You might have alot of lakes but in winter.....got ice skates??
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-13-2005, 10:56 AM Reply   
I hear Minnesota has like 10,000 lakes. I bet one of them is probably pretty decent 3 months out the year. With your other requirements, not sure that you will find what you are looking for in California. Decent priced house and good schools...sorry won't find that in California.
Old    lsr            07-13-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
lake samish wa flat clean deep 80 www.lakesamishriders.com
Old    willowjeff2            07-14-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
Big Ed Minnesota lakes aren't the same as you guys have in CA. In Minnesota it isn't hard to find a lake with no other riders on it. I can only imagine what you guys have to deal with out there. I've seen pics of the delta that has to be crazy. I'm supprized more people don't get run over. You guys must have a lot better boat drivers then there are here. In minnesota we wakeboard from April to November, not bad i'd say. OH and by the way, of course we have skates
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-14-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
What was I thinking...without skates what would you guys do for the rest of the year.

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-14-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
Louisiana...but the schools here suck unless you go to a private catholic school or rich public school
Old     (murphie07)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-14-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
Thank you all for the information. Minnesota is way to cold in the Winter, but TN might work as I could sell my place in CA and buy a huge place fully paid for. I am enjoying the read on this thread. Thanks to everyone.
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-15-2005, 4:57 AM Reply   
In my opinion, the best lakes to live on is the one that I built for the best possible conditions (no backwash, jet skiis, or weekend walleys), 2 man-made lakes in Florida were you can ride year round.

Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-15-2005, 5:28 AM Reply   
I am building a 6-lake complex in MI. The season is April-November/December with wet and dry suits. June-Septemeber in shorts. No jet skis, pontoons, fishing - just towed watersports.

Great local schools including public and Christian, university 2 miles away, 15 miles from large city, 15 miles from Lake Michigan. Prices in line with other local lakes.

Also on site will be indoor pool, pro shop, banquet facilities, exercise rooms, gasoline, C-store, fishing pond. Lake access is private for owners, only. Will be on the tournament schedules in 08 or 09.

info@recreationaldevelopment.com