Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (purplefan)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-19-2004, 2:44 PM Reply   
Not sure where to post this...but can anyone tell me how the water level is looking at Nacimiento?

Thanks,
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-19-2004, 3:19 PM Reply   
low 36%full

(Message edited by sherman on July 19, 2004)
Old     (purplefan)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-19-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
pretty low...thanks for the heads up.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-19-2004, 3:56 PM Reply   
just came back from san antonio (next door). water was 30' lower than when I was there 3 months ago. Naci is even worse. I was told its all political!!!
Old    foobysmacker            07-19-2004, 7:49 PM Reply   
ugh! was thinking of going there in august for an extended weekend. how was the boarding? is it worth going up there or should I be looking at other lakes?

Old    grampawakerider            07-19-2004, 8:09 PM Reply   
I go to San Antonio at least twice a month. Normally arrive there around 9:00 or so. The water gets blown out most of the afternoon. So if you go there, board early and late in the afternoon. Early = 6:00 am. If you're planning on camping then you should be fine. Last weekend the water temp was 80.3!!
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-19-2004, 9:50 PM Reply   
water is glass in am and late afternoon. its well worth it if youre staying there
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-20-2004, 9:27 AM Reply   
San Antonio & Naci are both res' built for irrigation. They are owned by another county that really does not care about boating and recreation, to them it's incidental. The county that owns them drains them for farming, and to push the salt water back on a local river. Problem is that we are in the midst of a 5 yr drought and the res' are both dependent on rainwater runoff to fill up. Combine that with overcomitting the resource and basically they will drain them both as they please.

IMO, they will drain both lakes and there will be nothing left for anyone, either way. They are trying to solve the salt water intrusion problem that they created by draining the river for irrigation by pushing it back with the water from the lakes, but it's a temporary solution.

It's a shame, plain and simple.
Old     (goth2o)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-20-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
uggh, My lake's are dying....
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-20-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
So is there still good places to ride at Nacimiento ? We were planning on heading up there this weekend.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-20-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
Get up early, you'll find some.