Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-21-2003, 2:01 PM Reply   
I have emailed Caribecatalog.com a couple of times trying to get $60 or so back from them for a couple of items I returned on 12/10. Since I haven't gotten any response, I tried emailing them a minute ago and the email got bounced back to me.

I've tried getting on their website over the last couple of days and it's been out of commission too. I wonder if that great sale they've been having was a going out of business sale? Or maybe they're just closing down completely over the holidays??

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-21-2003, 10:04 PM Reply   
I got this e-mail a few days ago:
Dear Value Customer,

Thank you for contacting Caribecatalog.com. The administrative offices will be closed until December 27th. Orders will be processed and shipped thru December 20th.

Sincerely,
Caribecatalog.com
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-21-2003, 10:36 PM Reply   
ah-ha.

Maybe they shut down the website because that's the only way they could prevent people from continuing to order when they're out... (thus shutting down their email server as well)
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-22-2003, 6:08 AM Reply   
Um...they are out of business. Many manufacturers have found their '04 products getting dumped on the net for less than cost...and have no recourse because the business offices are closed and gone.

Buyer beware! These guys were on COD with every brnad they carried right before they tanked! Getting your money back should be a real challenge!
Old    tikki83            12-22-2003, 6:53 AM Reply   
I´ve ordered a board las week and still have no response...I hope they open 27th...
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-22-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
ZEDZ: I had a problem with my credit card, and they refunded me the money the next day, i dont think they would have done that if they were shutting their doors...
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-22-2003, 9:11 AM Reply   
Using a credit card is the ONLY way to buy anything...you always have recourse and the merchant knows it. EVERY merchant signs a personal guarantee that states if VISA (for example) wants the money back they WILL get the money back. Go ahead and believe the guys are still around…I can only tell you that many manufactures are getting screwed by these guys right now (customers too if you read these posts).
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-22-2003, 9:35 AM Reply   
Well, if I don't hear from them by the New Year, I'll call my CC company and get the $60 back that way.

Their customer service was poor, but their deals were smokin. I couldn't be happier having a 3/2 fullsuit for $50 and a couple of sweet O'Neill vests for $20-30 each. I hope they're not out of business.
Old    tikki83            12-22-2003, 12:24 PM Reply   
David, I´m in the same situation as you, the difference is I ordered a board for $120, they´ve charged my visa last friday and I still have no news from the board, if it has been shipped or not...the website doesn´t work.
I hope they´re not out of bussines, I don´t wanna lose my money, I´ll wait until 27th...
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-22-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
Tomeu - worst case scenario, you can just call the bank and contest the charges. No biggie. Obviously it will suck if you don't get the board, but at least you'll get your money back.

Old    tikki83            12-22-2003, 1:43 PM Reply   
Yeah, it would suck to not have the board...
The thing that can be a problem is that I´m from Spain, so in case I did not have the board, I don´t know how to do to get the money back, I suppose my bank would do that.
BUT THE MOST I HOPE IS CARIBECATALOG COME BACK AND ALL TURNS OK FOR EVERY CUSTOMER IN TRUBLE LIKE US. good luck!
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-22-2003, 1:45 PM Reply   
Thought for the day..."if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is."

Another thought..."There is no such thing as a free lunch, somewhere somebody paid for it."

By the way, does anyone remember when these guys tried this crap with boats? I do!
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-30-2003, 11:48 AM Reply   
what was that you say they did with boats?? and what about manufacturers?
Today is dec 30 and their webpage is still down... wonder what's going on.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-30-2003, 11:59 AM Reply   
With boats?
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-30-2003, 4:42 PM Reply   
that's what zedz posted above, i think i might explain that.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-30-2003, 4:44 PM Reply   
I meant he... jejeje
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-30-2003, 4:56 PM Reply   
well im one of the lucky ones i ordered a Oneil Throttle vest on dec 1st and got it on the 8th with no tax no shipping and exactly what i ordered for $50,this is a 150 dollar vest..was a steal of a deal from Caribe i guess i was lucky ..:-)

i hope you all get your money or stuff that sucks for you all..
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-02-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
i got what i ordered by november,,,, but still no news of their website...
i should ask again whar was that they did with boats?
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-05-2004, 6:43 AM Reply   
Sorry, been away for a while… They tried doing this kind of stuff with boats about two or three years ago. They advertised MasterCraft (and Malibu, I think) at some ridiculously low price and none were delivered. It all stopped when the manufacturers found out.
Old    bobbymucic            01-20-2004, 10:35 PM Reply   
I got this sent to one of my email accounts tonight:
This is a courtesy mailer to let all of the loyal Caribe customers know that Caribe will no longer be able to service your watersports equipment needs. We have asked Tommy's Online to step up and take the place of caribecatalog.com for all your watersports equipment and supplies.

Even though Tommy's Online cannot accept returns or exchanges of equipment brought from Caribe, Tommy's Online staff is ready to help you with future orders or any tech support you might need. Tommy's has been supplying Wakeboards, Waterskis, Surfboards, and general watersports equipment for many years both in Tommy's stores and online.

It came from sfw*@bellsouth.net. I don't know how accurate it is, but I thought I would post it.

Interestingly, I got a mailer from ford a few weeks ago. It said that if I test drove a new F150 I would get a $50 dollar gift certificate to Caribe. Glad I didn't waste my time. Nice shady marketing.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-21-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
anyone else got that mail? 'cause I didnt
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       01-21-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
man, i liked that online store they had good stuff, i got lots of t-shirts and stuff from them, o well.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-21-2004, 4:15 PM Reply   
I've confirmed that those emails are valid and they are, in fact, out of business. I have no idea who you can talk to if they've got your money and have not sent you any product. I responded to the email they sent, but I'm not holding my breath for a response on that.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-21-2004, 6:27 PM Reply   
I thought I'd add that I received one of those e-mails as well.
Old    gotpwr            01-21-2004, 8:50 PM Reply   
Wow! I bought my sister a new O'neil neo vest right before Christmas and it came in two days. I bought it from Caribe because they had it for $35 and everyone else on the web wanted $90 for it. I guess that is why they are out of business.
Old    tikki83            01-22-2004, 12:36 AM Reply   
Finally I received the hyperlite essence 131 for my girlfriend. It cost me only $59, incredible. I ordered the board and the next day their site came down so I was scared, but four days after the board was on my door:-)
If some of you know any cheap way to send a pair of bindings and a board to Spain please tell me,I need a new setup, but most of the online shops have very expensive shipping costs to Europe.
Thanks I
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-22-2004, 1:36 AM Reply   
Tomeu, I sent you a Message, hope it helps.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-22-2004, 6:13 PM Reply   
Thank goodness that I received all the items we ordered and that nothing had to be returned. Sorry to those that are having troubles. But yes we too also got the email that said they went out of business.
Old    gawa            01-27-2004, 7:36 PM Reply   
It's dissapointing that caribe is out of business, they did have smokin deals, especially at the end of 03 as they were apparently having a fire sale.

I got what I thought was a great deal on a Hyperlite TFD 142, however, it was missing the 4 aluminum fins -- yes $80 worth of fins! -- & obviously I know now why it was such a great "deal".

Here's a question... Does liquid force, or other brands of 2-bolt fins, fit the hyperlite TFD?? I'm looking for something less expensive than the $20 aluminum fins.
Old     (hobag)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-27-2004, 11:49 PM Reply   
Hey Man, I bet you could call Hyperlite tell them the situation and get a fin pak that they would put with a new board. Its not their responsibility for Caribe going out of business but thats an easy fix
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-28-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
Ian,
The only brand other than Hyperlite that fits that board is ours, CDI Fins. But yeah like Leroy is saying I would call Hyperlite, they should send you some fins.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries