Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-07-2001, 8:52 PM Reply   
I can not land my backroll unless I land on the other wake. If I land just outside the wake, my legs are straight and the rope is about neck high. I know the easy answer is "bend your knees and keep the rope low", but is there something I can do to help accomplish this?
Old                07-08-2001, 5:57 AM Reply   
michael,
try slowing down your rotation. put more emphasis on RISING through the wake and less on actually throwing it. you will be amazed at how little you actually have to do when you ride all the way through. it might also to think about keeping your outside shoulder up through the top. so if you are left foot forward, keep your right shoulder high, and vice-versa. hope this helps.

travis
ridethespot.com
Old                07-08-2001, 10:07 AM Reply   
I'll give it a try in a little while...
Old    I'm goofy foot and throwing a HS Backroll            07-22-2001, 3:05 PM Reply   
I had a similar problem when learning the backroll. How I corrected it was to let go of the handle with my left hand (I'm goofy foot and throwing a HS Backroll) 3/4 thru my rotation. This slowed my rotation and then the board stopped sliding out from under me. It also sounds like you might be getting some slack in the rope and that's why the handle is up by your neck, if so watch your cut, you don't have to generate a lot of speed, I make a progressive cut from about 15' out, stand up tall at the top of the wake, and throw my head over my left shoulder.
Old                07-24-2001, 7:18 PM Reply   
Thanks... That fixed my problems...
Old                07-25-2001, 5:12 AM Reply   
Hey Steve i think you meant throw your head over your right shoulder correct?If your goofy footerd then your front shoulder is right and if your throwing a backroll over your left shoulder that got to be one crazy backroll..Anyway im sure it was a typo but wanted to make sure..later

Bill
Old                07-30-2001, 1:13 PM Reply   
I ride left foot back. So which shoulder do I throw my head over?
Old                07-30-2001, 6:15 PM Reply   
Hey Aaron we drove by your boat down at the river Saturday more then once.I yelled at you and your friends when we went by in a black and white Launch .Did you see us?We had a guy on the boat who was throwing invert after invert after invert and spin after spin...well you get it he is a ripper and was on fire saturday..

Anyway it doesnt matter which foot you ride foward just remember on a backroll to throw your head,chin, hips,and board all toward your front foot and away from the boat and hold on.It will bring you around easier then you think..later

Bill