Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    lakeside5_10            06-16-2008, 4:51 AM Reply   
any special install on laying some carbon in with other regular cloth, will use r/r epoxy . i plan to use vents on this build as well.

thanks
mark
Old    surfdad            06-16-2008, 5:25 AM Reply   
I had HUGE difficulty lapping rails with Carbon, it's so stiff that it wants to straighten back out. If you want to lap by hand using epoxy, watch it carefully or use some X-55 accelerant to kick the epoxy quicker.

I also found that Carbon frays something miserable - cut laps are the best, or paint over the laps to hide the mess.

Finally, in my experience when Carbon fails, it produces shards that puncture skin like needles. I would cover the carbon with a layer of 2oz...will still allow that look without the potential bloodletting :-)
Old    lakeside5_10            06-16-2008, 5:30 AM Reply   
looking 2 use it as my springboard stringer on next board, 11oz. x3" wide unidirect.
Old    surfdad            06-16-2008, 5:41 AM Reply   
So tape? That's different, the sides are stitched together - no unraveling other than at the ends. Be sure to wet it out well, maybe on a table before laying it up. That'll be a cool look.
Old    lakeside5_10            06-16-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
yea , and hope it is rigid enough to act like a spring , for those easy pumps back to the boat.