Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-06-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
Anyone know where I can find one for sale?
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-06-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
I assume you're looking for a used one? I have one, but it's beat up and I dont plan on selling it for what its really worth. It’s going to be difficult to find one in good condition at a price consistent with what a four year-old board is worth. My guess is craigslist and a lot of luck. It’s a great board, but there are some even better newer shapes out there. Good luck!
Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-07-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
I have a fish 128 and love it! (NOT my primary board though) I get most of my equipment from Grizzly Sports, you may try giving them a call (1-866-444-BEAR) ... Ask for Mike and he can usually hook you up! I've been dealing with Mike for almost 8yrs and he has been my go-to man when I need something hard to get, especially LF products. On the other hand if you plan on using the Fish as a primary board i would think twice because it does not do very well in even the slightest chop, but when you have glass conditions this board is unreal... Great pop and pretty smooth landings.
Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-07-2010, 12:23 PM Reply   
I'll try the guys at Grizzly. I have one now, but it's coming apart at the end and I think it's getting water in it. I'm going to try and dry it out and epoxy it, but just trying to look ahead. I love the board and don't want a new one. I actually bought a Transcend 138 and rode it a few times but will be selling it as I just don't like it that much.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       09-07-2010, 12:28 PM Reply   
Good luck. The 133 was the most desirable size and is the hardest to find. I have an old FIsh 133 I retired when I started tearing it up after about 3 seasons, and it is definately among my fav's.

Consider giving the LF Groove a throw - that is my current ride and it is fairly similar to the Fish IMHO
Old     (lffish133)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-11-2010, 11:21 PM Reply   
I am transitioning from the a Fish 129. After looking at all the boards it came down to the Shane and the Groove. I rode both and chose the Shane. The Groove does feel similar to the Fish in that it was fairly slow edge to edge. The Shane however has more grip like the Fish did and it hits you a whole lot harder off of the wake than the Groove does.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
I got a Fish 133 and it's a super fun board. All my friends have a blast on it too. I have been trying to find a similar greasy feeling board, does anyone have recommendations?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-13-2010, 2:58 PM Reply   
Why don't you try the Marius 134? That board has a ton of surface area and for a continuous rocker board has a significant amount of pop.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2010, 5:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
Why don't you try the Marius 134? That board has a ton of surface area and for a continuous rocker board has a significant amount of pop.
yeah i might give that a shot.. im not so hot on the center fins tho
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-13-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
I have a 137 Fish that I just can't put aside. I bought the first Faction shape a couple of years back and switched to it for half a season, but went back to the Fish last year and this year. The Marius, Shane and Groove are all on my list to try. The newer Faction could be another option too.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-14-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
Colin, I rode the previous Marius without the center fin, it was plenty grippy. The new shape for 2011 has two small removable side fins, should be a little different ride. Perhaps give them both a shot.

Stephen, not sure if you are interested but I figured I'd put it out there. I've got a new in box 2010 Faction 138, going for a very good price. (sorry for the hijack folks, couldn't get a PM through)