Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (dustinj)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-03-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
anyone have this board?? if so what do you think of it??? thanks.
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-04-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
What Board?
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-04-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
he is talking about gators pro model the gator. from what i hear it is a good board but i have never ridden it
Old     (dustinj)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-04-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
yea thats the one i'm talkin bout. thanks
Old     (wayniac)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-04-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
I have this board among others, and I have the 144. I like it and find it to be sturdy and fast, a real carver. you can set the edge as hard as you like and there is no slip. it has a huge flat spot in the middle for rails, but I don't hit those where I live. It also has good pop, but being a cont. rocker it has a fast longer arc as opposed to a short really high arc. I can pop it really good though, and can put it really really far out into the flats. It is light enough and spins quick. I have 6 boards I ride regularly and I will tell you that it is a good solid performer, surface tricks are also OK, but its a bit long for some goofing off. is there anything specific you wish to know?
Old     (dustinj)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-05-2008, 12:02 AM Reply   
well u just about covered it. haha thanks for the info
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-05-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
I was a huge fan of the Militant from Gator. Now I am hookedon Kyle Rattray's New 8 board the Gator Prospect. Kicks of the wake like a 3 stage board with the consistancy of a continous shape. So if you are lacking on form like me occasionaly it won't bite you. Best board I have ridden for me. I like the way the Gator rode jut prefered the pop and speed of the Militant and now the Prospect.

The Gator is a very predictable board with a smooth consistant pop. Forgiving as well. The gator will pop you more side to side and give you a nice smooth pop each time. It will be more like floating off a ramp feeling. The Militant and Prospect give you more of an explosion type pop that bucks you and send yuo a little more up than out. I prefer that pop as when I feel that I know to throw my trick. Some guys prefer the smooth consistant pop of the Gator.

I used to be a huge CWB guy before I tried a Gator last year. Thought Gator was kind of lacking to most companies, but boy I was waaaaaaaaaaay wrong. Love their boards.
Old     (wayniac)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-05-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
Yep, once upon a time I thought that gator boards was lacking, purely based on perception and the word of others, but a few years ago I did some checking around after hearing that most of the wakeboard companies are a conglomerate (of course there are separate boards-but one parent company) and I was amazed. Gator really is a smaller rider owned company, and I tried one of their boards. Sold! Good solid board with good build quality, and great customer service, they are really tough boards too. I (and girl) have owned CWB, LF, HYP, and gator, and the other manf. do make good boards also... but I have seen the light--Gator makes a great product, and I like to support the little guys having been a smaller business owner myself. I try to dispel the very myth that I was a victim of when I get the chance, more people should check them out.