Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-15-2010, 5:22 PM Reply   
Does anybody have any suggestions for kids' wetsuits? My girl is 5, so I'm looking for something that would fit her when she's 6 so it'll last at least 2 or years. There are tons of shorty suits out there, and I already have one of those. I want something thicker than a 2mm and a full suit so she'll actually use it and be able to wakeboard from now until next Summer. Most of what's out there for kids seems to be shorty's and 2mm suits.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-16-2010, 4:57 AM Reply   
Go check your local dive shop. They turn over rental stuff every year so it gets lightly used. My kids grow so fast keeping them in new wet suits every year could get spendy. I usually spend around 15$ each then turn them back in spring and do it over again next winter. We only use shorty suits around here but you get the idea.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-16-2010, 5:02 AM Reply   
What size is your daughter? I've got some nice ones that Delanie has outgrown. The smallest is a size 10. She wore that when she weighed 55-65 lbs. I also have a size 12.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-16-2010, 7:04 AM Reply   
My daughter is only 5. I have someone to buy a size 8 from already that's a full suit, but I'd like something to last from now till then so need something smaller. I'll give a call to some local dive shops and see what they have.
Old     (andyw)      Join Date: May 2006       11-16-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
I would recommend going with Oneill. My kids have worn only Oneill wetusits since they were 3. They always fit good and they are never cold. I usually buy them a little big and they get 2 seasons out of them. My son passes his wetsuits off to my daughter. I never skimp on wetsuits as they have such little body fat they get cold quickly. I also do not bother with shortys. He is either in a top or in a full suit. Nothing in between.