Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-23-2010, 9:32 PM Reply   
I finally had a bit of time today to get my boat out of indoor storage so I could get some stuff done.

First up, the swim deck pad I bought through the CenturionCrew Deal last month from Seadeck.

It took about 1 hour 20 minutes from start to finish. 30 minutes to remove the old pad, 45 minutes to clean the old glue off the deck, and 5 minutes to put the new pad on. I used a heat gun and putty knife and solicted help from my daughter as soon as she got back from soccer practice.

Hardest part was getting the new pad on straight, mine was a touch off...maybe I should have taken more than 5 minutes to put it on LOL!

The most strength was needed to remove the old pad but really not that bad. Harest work was cleaning off the glue.

T
Attached Images

Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2010, 9:50 PM Reply   
Wow. That looks great. good job.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-24-2010, 6:03 AM Reply   
I just put one on mine too.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-24-2010, 6:25 AM Reply   
When we bought our '07 LSV the first thing the wife did was tell me to dump that stock pad. In searching i came across Seadek. That was may of '08 and it's holding up like the day i installed it.
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-24-2010, 5:10 PM Reply   
Those look really awesome guys.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-24-2010, 7:02 PM Reply   
Looks good! Did you use anything besides the heat gun to get the old glue off?
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-24-2010, 7:04 PM Reply   
I didn't even use a heat gun on mine. Just some acetone.
Old     (dDavid)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-24-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
Finally replaced mine just last weekend.
Attached Images

Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-24-2010, 7:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4gill2 View Post
Looks good! Did you use anything besides the heat gun to get the old glue off?
I used acetone too, in addtion to the heat gun.

T
Old     (ridetige)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-24-2010, 7:33 PM Reply   
where did you guys order this from? I have a 2006 Tige' 22V. I like what you did Ajholt7. where do I find it?

thanks for the help
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-24-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
They are made by Seadek in Rockledge, Florida; http://www.seadek.com

Call (321) 632-4466 and talk to Chuck Yates, he'll take care of you.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-25-2010, 5:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridetige View Post
where did you guys order this from? I have a 2006 Tige' 22V. I like what you did Ajholt7. where do I find it?

thanks for the help
You just missed out on a group buy we did on Tigeowners.com. Like said above Seadek.com. If you don't see one for your boat, they can make one for anything.
Old     (sangerjohn)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-25-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
Has anyone seen a seadek pad on a teak platofrm? I would probably have to put a piece of plexiglass over the teak platform, and then put the seadek on top.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-25-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
Never seen one done on teak but with the adhesive that's on the pad i seriously doubt you'd need plexi, besides that would just trap water underneath and rot the teak. Call Chuck Yates and ask him, if it's been done he'll know.
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-25-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
Anybody got this done on mastercraft? pictures?
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       04-25-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
anyone know if Seadek makes pads for Nautiques? I didn't see any on that website.
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-25-2010, 8:19 PM Reply   
David, That looks awesome. I have the same boat and color as you. I gotta admit that looks much better. Was it easy? What is that made of? Its got to be better then that black one that seems to be getting old since the blaqk gets on the back upolstery. Very nice.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-25-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
They can make a pad for anything. If they don't have one already then they can custom make one. Make sure to check the blog as they showcase a lot of product not shown on the web site. I have seen a Nautique pad before. FYI Seadek supplies the pad and flooring for Epic as well as the pads for Malibu, deck and walk-over. There are others i just can't remember who.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-25-2010, 11:32 PM Reply   
Here is the Seadek pad for the Tige VE's.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-26-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
All of these look great!
Old    ausbill32            04-26-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
I added mine about 3 weeks ago. No more black foot prints..... I got the Moomba Roo
Attached Images

Old    bigdtx            04-26-2010, 1:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dDavid View Post
Finally replaced mine just last weekend.
comment posted in the wrong place.
Old     (dDavid)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-26-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraride View Post
David, That looks awesome. I have the same boat and color as you. I gotta admit that looks much better. Was it easy? What is that made of? Its got to be better then that black one that seems to be getting old since the blaqk gets on the back upolstery. Very nice.
Thanks! I wanted it in Black with the Logo in Grey but wasn't available. So went with Grey and Logo in Black.

It wasn't that hard to do. I stressed over the pad being slightly larger than the deck but once I pulled the backing material off the pad, it could be manipulated to the proper size. It was surprisingly easier to work with than what I'd imagined.

It's made of a high quality foam like material. It nice stuff.

I'm looking forward to not having to worry with the black all over the interior this year.
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-26-2010, 10:29 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I think I have to get this product. It looks fantastic
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-27-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
These do all look great. I went to the Seadeck website, but could find a place that showed the different colors available. Did I just overlook it?
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-27-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
Right on the front page, says stock colors on the right. Custom colors available as well.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-27-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
Thanks Razzman. My page was messed up on the right side earlier, but it came up right just now when I opened it.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-27-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Here's some examples out of their blog postings, it's all what your wallet can handle!
Attached Images

Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-27-2010, 6:42 PM Reply   
Razzman, How does this stuff hold up to the wakeboards and fins on them all the time. Does it rip or tear.
Old     (tgoin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-27-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
My Supra 08 24 SSV has a different shaped swimdeck than they show on the site. Does anyone here have a late-model SSV swim deck from them? Would they charge a custom price?
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-27-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
No they wouldn't charge more as long as it's in stock colors and such.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-27-2010, 9:02 PM Reply   
Tony it holds up incredably well so far. I have five grandsons and they aren't easy on stuff!
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-28-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
Seadek Posted this thread on FaceBook
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-28-2010, 7:54 PM Reply   
I've had the Seadeck pad on my boat for a little over a year now and we love it. It still looks new and holds up to boards and fins just fine.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-28-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajholt7 View Post
Seadek Posted this thread on FaceBook

Cool. Funny my daughter's pic is on their site.

T
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-29-2010, 4:56 AM Reply   
I have a 06 SAN 220 but can't find a deck cover for Correct Craft. The original rubberized deck is starting to get hard and likely to crack soon. Do they make coverings for late model CC's
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-29-2010, 6:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by consigliereg8r View Post
I have a 06 SAN 220 but can't find a deck cover for Correct Craft. The original rubberized deck is starting to get hard and likely to crack soon. Do they make coverings for late model CC's
Like it has been said several times in this thread. THEY CAN MAKE PADS FOR ANYTHING. JUST GIVE THEM A CALL.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-29-2010, 6:32 AM Reply   
They did a killer job with mine, but now we need to get one done with the "new" logo...Name:  IMG_7725.jpg
Views: 3756
Size:  54.1 KB
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-29-2010, 7:05 AM Reply   
That looks sick Dave.

Here's mine.
Attached Images

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-29-2010, 7:09 AM Reply   
Here is my pro-tip for intalling them.

The thread starter said he had a hard time getting his lined up. Here is what I did. I left all of the backing on mine. I played with it until it sat PERFECTLY how I wanted it. Then I took painters tape and I taped down half of the pad very well. Then I lifted up the other side and removed the backing on that half and slowly placed it onto the plaform and worked it in well. Then I removed all of the tape on the other side and that side was a piece of cake since it was already stuck in place by the other side.

It sure beats trying to take off all of the backing and then get it to "fit" by putting it all down at once.

Good luck to all of the guys who get it. I can't say good enough things about my Sea Dek. Still my favorite boat mod.
Old     (JasonSD)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Dave - shoot me an email with a that vector graphic of the new logo!

Jeff - the install technique you described is dead on. That is how we recommend installing an SP pad and we are working on some better DIY videos for the website right now.

Thanks everyone for all the support and kind words, we really appreciate it!

All the best,
Jason

Last edited by JasonSD; 04-29-2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Here is my pro-tip for intalling them.

The thread starter said he had a hard time getting his lined up. Here is what I did. I left all of the backing on mine. I played with it until it sat PERFECTLY how I wanted it. Then I took painters tape and I taped down half of the pad very well. Then I lifted up the other side and removed the backing on that half and slowly placed it onto the plaform and worked it in well. Then I removed all of the tape on the other side and that side was a piece of cake since it was already stuck in place by the other side.

It sure beats trying to take off all of the backing and then get it to "fit" by putting it all down at once.

Good luck to all of the guys who get it. I can't say good enough things about my Sea Dek. Still my favorite boat mod.
Jeff - Great idea. Wish I would have thought about it when I installed mine (I started this thread). Admittedly, I can get impatient and don't think sometimes but had I known or slowed down

I am sure the adivse will help others!

T
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-29-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
Is average turnaround time from the day of order 3 weeks on these? Thats the estimate I was given, seems a bit long but I am sure I just dont get the process.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-29-2010, 9:05 PM Reply   
Seadek is extremely busy and that sounds about right.
Old     (tgoin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-30-2010, 5:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSD View Post
Dave - shoot me an email with a that vector graphic of the new logo!

Jeff - the install technique you described is dead on. That is how we recommend installing an SP pad and we are working on some better DIY videos for the website right now.

Thanks everyone for all the support and kind words, we really appreciate it!

All the best,
Jason
Jason,

Do you have the pattern for an 08 Supra 24SSV? The deck is shaped a little
different from the outlines on your website...
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-30-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
After reading this thread, it makes me wonder if this would work out good in the floor of the boat. I have snap out carpet, but would probably need to remove the snap rivets. However, they don't seem to make a single sheet that would cover the entire floor in one piece.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-30-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
In my opinion - it would work out AWESOME in the floor of the boat. I believe that Epic uses something like this.

It's absolutely AMAZING to me that a "high use" wakeboat like we all have still runs carpet.. I would LOVE to SeaDek the floor of my boat. Would be DOPE..

Anyone have any tips on how they clean theirs? What product or brush? I've got some grime from last year and storage this winter.. Anything?
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-30-2010, 4:36 PM Reply   
Seadek does make the floor for Epic, so i'm sure they could do a one piece liner.

I use liquid dish soap and a semi-stiff brush to scrub it down with medium pressure.
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       04-30-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
just ordered a template kit to measure my 230's platform. haven't even ordered the platform pad and can't wait to get it in.
Old     (dc05)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-01-2010, 8:27 PM Reply   
Here is a custom made pad that Seadek did for my Malibu.
Attached Images

Old     (JasonSD)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-02-2010, 5:02 AM Reply   
Todd - I don't think we have a pattern for your 08 Supra 24SSV. It's been a little confusing because some platforms are used on multiple models and we are getting them sorted out as we go. All the drawings on our webstore have dimensions though so have a look and see it on is the same as yours.

http://www.seadekstore.com/supra.aspx

If we don't have it then you can purchase a template kit (price refundable when you purchase a pad) and make a simple template to send into us. We'll have your new pad made in back out to you usually within 2-3 weeks.

http://www.seadekstore.com/templatekit.aspx

And yes, Epic was the first to use SeaDek throughout their entire boat including the cockpit. I think a lot of builders just wanted to get comfortable with the material before they used it in the cockpit. Now that they're happy with comfort and durability more and more OEMs are getting prototypes for full-deck traction.