Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-21-2010, 11:20 PM Reply   
Hey everybody,
I just have just started using Final Cut to do my editing over the iMovie program that I had previously been using. Talk about a learning curve. Wow. This the first video I've put together with it. Didn't have a lot of footage for it, so it's short, and all in the boat. I would really appreciate any ideas, advice, or words of wisdom when it comes to editing these videos, or with Final Cut. So many people on this forum have put together some great media, and I want to be able to start putting that touch on what I make. So, any constructive criticism or pointers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance, and hope you enjoy the video. Bob kills it.

from Ben A. on Vimeo.

Old     (wakelover)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-21-2010, 11:27 PM Reply   
Film somebody who spins and doesnt ride at 60 feet.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-22-2010, 3:10 AM Reply   
60 foot or not they were HUGE raleys. good job on the edit ben.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-22-2010, 4:38 AM Reply   
maybe use the color corrector to crank up the whites darken the blacks and saturate a bit
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-22-2010, 6:29 AM Reply   
'65 at 22 MPH lol

JB, I had looked that that, and had tried it on a few clips in the video, and hadn't been able to get a big difference, so it kinda got overlooked. I'll have to play with that feature more, because I did think it was a bit dark overall.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-22-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye7708 View Post
'65 at 22 MPH lol

JB, I had looked that that, and had tried it on a few clips in the video, and hadn't been able to get a big difference, so it kinda got overlooked. I'll have to play with that feature more, because I did think it was a bit dark overall.
yea ha i found this you tube video of a little smart kid telling you how to do it correctly... if i find it again il post it up.... it works perfect everytime for me.... i always oversaturate it though because it makes the slomo look better for some reason
Old     (ache_for_wake)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-22-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
Wake Lover - Pretty bold statement for someone who just signed up on this site yesterday....

Nice vid Ben, keep working at it.
Old     (theanimal)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-22-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
Personally I would rather see raley based tricks and grabs over spins any day.
Im learning Final Cut also. I know what you mean man about learning curve. Its night and day over Imovie.
Good luck with the videos and great riding.
Old     (bennn)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-22-2010, 6:36 PM Reply   
nice video Ben! good luck with final cut and keep the videos coming!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-22-2010, 6:38 PM Reply   
JB- YouTube has been a godsend while learning this stuff. I'll have to look for that video. Nothing humbles a man like a 7 year old teaching him how to use all the nuances of a several hundred dollar video editing program!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-23-2010, 1:51 PM Reply   
Wakelover- I believe he was wanting advice on editing. And if you think you ride better than that guy, let's see it!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-24-2010, 7:19 AM Reply   
JB- I toyed with it again, and you're completely right. It definitely makes the colors more vibrant. That will now be a MUST DO in all the video's I'm making. Just makes everything look better.