Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-22-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
I'm adding another bag and pump for the front. Quick question...when using a reversible pump, does water fill and drain from the same thru hull? I'm sure this is a stupid question, so forgive me. When using with a ProX sac, I only should have the hose going into one connection right? And use one connection for a vent line? You only use all three connections on the sac if you have separate pumps for filling and emptying, correct?
Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-22-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
All sounds right Taft. You could rig a separate drain with a T and a one-way check valve if you wanted to drain out of a separate thru-hull above the water-line.
Lot of people put a one-way check valve on the vent line.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-22-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
Yup, same thru hull, at least that's how we run ours.
Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-23-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
Thanks for the clarification. What happens if you don't use a vent line? Lastly...what model number and who has the best price on these?
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-23-2007, 6:46 PM Reply   
http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/Washdown_Sump_Utility_Pumps-ITT_JABSCO_WATER_PUPPY_WATER_PUMP.html 150$ here
Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-23-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
Greg - the one in the link is not reversible. I found this one...has the rocker switch included...but was hoping to find it cheaper.

http://www.wakeside.com/product/boat/ballast/ballast_pumps/jabsco+wakeboard+ballast+puppy+reversible+pump.do
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-23-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
The pump on Greg's link is reversible it should be the exact same Water Puppy that wakeside sells . . . I know it says not reversible but I'm pretty sure it is
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-24-2007, 6:46 PM Reply   
my fault man didn't even catch that
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-24-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
http://www.pyacht.net/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/h-jabsco_water_puppy.htm?E+scstore try this one and i thought all water puppys were rev call and find out