Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-15-2009, 11:56 AM Reply   
I am on a Ronix Arcade By Bill, and was looking at getting an Ibex or Viva. But I just stopped by my shop and they are carrying Company boards now.

I was talking to the owner of the shop and one of my friends that works there, and they put the whole FLEX thing into a different perspective. I have never ridden a flex board but right now I am very interested in trying one.

I was looking at both of the Company boards, along with the boots. I was really impressed with the boots, but we still haven't figured out the plate. I will definitely be demoing both of the Company boards. And I was wanting to know your experiences when you switched to a Flex board, and some pros/cons.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-15-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
My slingshot was fun with presses and stuff...idk about company tho
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-15-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
Justin, I'm not sure if you are going to get even close to a definitive answer when it comes to flex boards on this message board. About half are going to say that flex boards is an unnecessary trend and half are going to say flex is the best. I would say you are just going to have to find a way to test one and make your own decision. What may be crap to one guy might be great for you and vice versa.

I hear that Company is sharing a lot of the same technology of Slingshot for the time being if that helps any. The Company boots are definitely close to the Slingshot boots (I believe the Floyds).
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-15-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
All I can say is I really wasn't impressed with the look of the Company boards at all.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-15-2009, 2:46 PM Reply   
I don't really worry about the "look" of a board too much. I know a flex board will ride differently, but will I have to change my riding to get good pop? Will it be like starting all over?
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-15-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
Justin,

I am guessing you are talking about Woly as your local shop that is carrying our boards. You should try as many boards as you can before deciding on the one you want to buy. I have talked to Jeromy and he is planning on setting up a Company demo day to where it should be easy to test out our product. Thanks for the interest in our product. Hope you enjoy. If you have anymore questions you can e-mail me direct @ Jaret@companywake.com.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-15-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
so does Woly in arlington have company stock right now?

i was just in there friday and didnt see them but wasnt really looking for one but my old board is being replaced by cwb and i am demoing some boards.If they have company and are willing to demo ,ill go by tomorrow and pick one up..
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-15-2009, 3:28 PM Reply   
When will the Company demo day be?

Bill, Woly in Arlington has Company boards, Jeremy told me they just got them in last week. If you pick up a board to demo let me know.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-16-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
I would say the Company boots are more like the slingshot driver boots... this said without having put them on, but i have seen them personally.

The plate system on the SS and Co, boots is AWESOME! i am working on a video describing EVERY idea and suggestion for the SS Driver Boots but youtube keeps giving me errors. I explain the plate's on-the-fly stance adjuster. i think i will have to remake the video in another format and try again. There should be a video on youtube from Slingshot themselves that describe the plate.

as for flex. i would agree with jeremy above. as for me i think flex is here to stay, but i don't think it is here to dominate or take-over. There is a reason more and more flexboards and flexboard and hybrid-flexboard companies are coming out (ie. Company, humanoid, Sine, LF's line, etc.)
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-16-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
Justin did they look like these that Tino is rocking?Upload
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-16-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
Word on the streets is that the company boots are made by the same manufacturer. They help ss fill their ordering quotas or something like that. Diff designs overall same boots.