Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    muckno_rider            09-15-2005, 4:49 PM Reply   
What do you think of Hyperlite's new lineup/website? www.hyperlite.com
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
i like the new stuff. it's about time they TRULY updayed their boots. i guess they really felt force's sales last year.

the boards are all the same it looks like. not much changed(the murray looks wild and the roam looks even more interesting than before.

the new roam boots destroy the idea of a "snowboard-like" ride. snowboards have super supportive boots and the roam boots are the complete opposite. they're a throwback to the sandal days.
Old    byerly137pro            09-15-2005, 7:24 PM Reply   
Go to the Team part and look at Praks, they spelt there most big time riders name wrong.....hahahhahaha.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
HAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-15-2005, 8:26 PM Reply   
thanks for the link!
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-15-2005, 8:33 PM Reply   
thats awesome!

Go Praks!
Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-15-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
What binding are you guys going to get? I like the look of teh Murray's. What is the benefit of having it closed toe?
Old    stillstandin            09-15-2005, 8:59 PM Reply   
I like the new stuff. The new Murray board looks interesting. Bout time they caught up with their binding designs
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-15-2005, 9:04 PM Reply   
Andrew-
I ordered a pair of murrays last week. The shop said it will be 3-4 weeks before they cross the ocean form china town to my local dealer. I'm hoping that the closed toe is warmer in the winter water. I'll post up after I get them and let everyone know if I think they are worth the Hype.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-15-2005, 9:17 PM Reply   
There are typos all over the site. Not just "Praks" but on the home page too, where they spell "Coming" as "Comming" (in two places).
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-15-2005, 9:29 PM Reply   
it looks like their steppin it up with all the boots...big improvement on the eras
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-15-2005, 9:36 PM Reply   
I like Praks' most painful injury. Boots look pretty sweet too.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       09-15-2005, 10:30 PM Reply   
i like it all includingf the jib stuff on the premmy and the synthetic leather decks on the era and syn
Old    muckno_rider            09-16-2005, 12:57 AM Reply   
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

so as you can see spleilng deonds't mtetar
Old     (l7wakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-16-2005, 6:46 AM Reply   
I like the new Byerly stuff alot. I might have to switch back to Hype this year. The Byerly bindings look kind of like a transit with BOA.
Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-16-2005, 7:12 AM Reply   
I currently have an 04 Premier. Would the new one be that much of a difference. I am going to get an Absolute and a Substance to try. Should I also get the new Premier?
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-16-2005, 7:14 AM Reply   
good one Darren...
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-16-2005, 7:40 AM Reply   
i dunno about the new premier...other than the ribs and the abs...it looks to me like a step back
Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-16-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
Do you mean by the color scheme? I am trying to find the board that fits me the best regardless of graphics.

So you don't think the ribs and abs are worth getting the board over?
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-16-2005, 8:13 AM Reply   
is the byerly the same as last year besides graphic. Does anybody have a problem with the byerly, i am thinkin of gettin one or maybe a premeir, or a cwb absolute
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-16-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
Anyone wonder why they dont have any real pictures of their boots other than the 3DS and Murray's.

Hmmm, maybe they don't even have their gear yet.

Sidenote: I do like the look of the nicely drawn Byerly boots. Also, isn't it time that Harf gets his own boots. Why do they still make Byerly boots when he doesn't even ride a wakeboard???
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-16-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
I like the webpage, the webpage is tight, haha.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-16-2005, 8:54 AM Reply   
Looks, like they did step the bindings up this year. I would like to see how the closed toe works in the winter.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-16-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
I can't seem to figure out how old the interviews, Q&A are... I mean some (Copeland) are somewhat new but Ruck says hes riding in the new Parks' bindings, etc. There are some others I cant remember without going back to look but the answers made me wonder if they are actually changing up whose gear they ride... I think that would be awesome to have a pro rider just feel like riding his/her partners gear one day over the next. Kinda how Murray still rides a Belmont/Motive/Temet/Murray.
Old     (blazer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
before the new website came up everyone kept asking when the new hyperlite gear will be out and you go to the new website and it doesnt even look like they've started production on the bindings, just using the drawings, or is it just me?
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-16-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
EVEN
word on the streets s that mid season harf is going to get his own boot... but that is all rumor so i have no idea if i am right or wrong
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-16-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
That's what I hear, too. I'm just wondering why Byerly is still getting his gear, but they've waited soo long to get Harf some shizo.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-16-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
the reason those are renders of the real boots is because of the recent outsourcing to china or something like that. **heard from a reliable source.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-16-2005, 2:58 PM Reply   
the way Harf bounces from binding to binding.... Maybe he's not quite got it dialed as to what and how he wants his binding.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-16-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
i dont really like the new shape in comparaison to last year but it may ride better....in the byerly interview he says he rides all his stuff...wow i never thought of it this way....hes the only pro who has his own board, boots and skate
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-16-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
^^that's because he's kicks serious ass no matter what he rides. i guess all he needs now is his own surfer.
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-16-2005, 8:33 PM Reply   
Feeboozeforall-
It's no secret that Hyperlite is having it's stuff made oversees. I heard they have been having some boards made over there for a few years (kind of hush, hush) to test things out. From what they say, they got less warranty issues with the foreign manufactured boards. I heard that the bindings are being made by the same "sweat shops" making Nike and other street shoes. We aren't stupid...we all know Hyperlite has a bigger profit margin when they are paying some guy (or kid) $0.50 / hr to make their stuff, I just hope the quality doesn't go down. Who knows, maybe it will be better? One positive thing about this is that Hyperlites warranty policy now is just a straight exchange. Bust a binding = get a new pair! No more waiting to have them fixed or parts sent to you.
Old     (brian0384)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-16-2005, 9:43 PM Reply   
just got back from the surf expo, and saw the whole hyperlite line today, very sick, last yr. i'd say i liked half of their line but this yr. i'd say i'm pleased with their whole line. Bindings are awesome, while most of the boards had minor or no changes, but bindings are wayyyy better!
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-16-2005, 10:05 PM Reply   
Brian-
At the expo, did they have anything for sale, or just all display? How much were the Murray bindings?
Old     (brian0384)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-16-2005, 10:19 PM Reply   
uhh damn, not sure on the murray bindings , i'll try to remember and ask tomorrow, as for selling things, not sure, some companies do and some don't, if they are, your best bet is sun. the last day since thats the day their packing things up, and if they sell it, they dont have to pack it.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-17-2005, 3:33 AM Reply   
trevor, i am not against the outsourcing. i really don't care. there's nothing we can do about it, so what's the point of getting all excited? when i said from a reliable source i was just saying that a shop pro/salesman gave me the low down.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-17-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
Paul, I was thinking the same thing. And when you look at their sponsors, some are either wrong or forgotten (ruck+billabong=significant sponsorship, DC crapped out and lost their team a year ago, etc.) I guess my point is, their site is surprisingly unprofessional.

And a number of those questions seemed familiar. I don't really know what the deal was, but it all surprised me.

As for the gear..uhh..jib ribs are the future of the sport!!!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
Ok, if the stuff is made overseas and rides good who cares. I think we all get to wrapped up in that. I know I could careless who makes my board and what company it is. If it rides good for me and I like it than I could care less what the other guy thinks. The sport is about having fun and spending it out on the lake. So when did it become about who makes the board and where its from.
Peas I am out
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-17-2005, 8:16 PM Reply   
Squid-
I don't think anyone is complaining about the stuff being made over seas. I don't think anyone cares. Everyone knows that most companies out there are doing the same thing. I personally don't care. Infact, almost everything I have is Hyperlite and I will most likely continue to buy Hyperlite.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2005, 9:32 PM Reply   
Trevor, if you look at alot of post you will see others slaming companies for not being made here. Just bugs me that some people who ride one companies boards slams another and they have no clue. Just like the closed toe bindings, I think they are going to be a good asset to wakeboarding.
Old    alanp            09-17-2005, 9:38 PM Reply   
i think the closed toe binding would be something like the lf fish. something novel but something for not everyday use. i.e. i think these will be great for the winter but at this point not sure if would be a solid overall binding. i have landed or tried to land a few tricks were a close toe binding would have really jammed up the toes. i guess we'll have to see.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2005, 9:48 PM Reply   
alan, thats a good point. Of the jammed toes we will haft to wait and see. It might work if there is no room for your feet to go it might not jam your toes. When I skateboarded alot on haft pipes we would run out the fall and never got jammed toes. Time will tell. BTW you been riding at all?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-18-2005, 4:23 AM Reply   
after sitting here thinking of this closed toe jammed toe Dillemma ,im not sure it would be any more of a problem then playing football or basketball in tennis shoes..if the murrays are a bit flexible in the toes then no problem at all ,and if the fit is similar to a real shoe like the 3ds then im not sure there will be a problem..its rare to jam a toe in a real shoe playing real sports so i would say it would be rare to do so on water..i know the forces are a bit different but not that much.....

If they do work out it would cut down on the few times people have went way out he front and hurt there ankels,foot ligaments,and even some of those who have broke a foot/ankle because of the foot going through the front of the binding..

well the debate is out so hopefully we will know soon for sure...

definitly a good (redone) idea for winter riding though but id never have just a pair of bindings for 2 months of riding in winter here in Texax,they would have to work year round for me to make the purchase...

Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-18-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
if you size your bindings correctly you should have no problem for jamage....im pretty sure they also have padding in the toe just for that like a snowboard boot
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-18-2005, 3:17 PM Reply   
I saw the entire lineup at the expo, and i have a feeling it will blow everyone away. Their closed toe system has a strechy material covering the toe area so i do not know if jamming will be a problem. The new bindings are really really nice, and they still have a few high end bindings that are open toe. On the other hand, i forsee many injuries with the liquid force closed toe bindings, the toes are not covered by a soft material. Was not to big of a fan of their stuff this year
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-18-2005, 3:26 PM Reply   
Haha they changed the 'Praks' typo...
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
Check out Harf's bio. He's riding the premier 140 with high back boots, neither of which HL makes anymore.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-19-2005, 7:40 AM Reply   
check out all their bios' it seems they're all riding boards from a few years ago, i.e. chad 142 tfd, murray belmont and harf as justin just said.

i'm loving the look of the 3ds 139. not sure what to get tho, cause am interested in the abrupt continuous, but the murray says its got the most pop of any continuous board which is a change for him!!!
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-20-2005, 9:42 PM Reply   
does anyone know if we can pre oreder it online anywere?
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-20-2005, 11:08 PM Reply   
if it was out there wakeside would have it...
Old    ridehyperlite            09-21-2005, 1:27 AM Reply   
Big wake, Talked with the factory the other day and most their product isnt gonna be available till late october, early november
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-21-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
donno if I trust the whole "get a new pair" warrenty thing.

I just ripped off the option 2 strap on my 1 month old 05 murries, and hl wont send me another. Its not like I was asking for a new binding, and its somthing that they know breaks easily. Instead, I have to send my boots to them, which apparently will take a couple of months?!? for an option 2 strap?

im done with hl
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-21-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
Did you talk to your local shop, they should take care of that for you, and let them deal with Hyperlite. If you support the local shops they will support you.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-21-2005, 9:06 AM Reply   
my local shop is sending them to hl.

no, I didnt buy them there. I bought them new on ebay. sure, sure, serves me right for not supporting local shops, but I cant see why hl wont support their products of bought online.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-21-2005, 2:47 PM Reply   
who sold them to you on ebay...a company or a private seller...
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-21-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
DJ-
My brother just broke an option 2 strap on his 05 parks and got a new set in the mail within a week. He just called Hyperlite, never had to send the bindings in. The whole point of the 06 warranty, "get a new pair", is so that you don't have to send them in or wait. If they break you take them back to the local board shop you bought them at and they give you a new pair right on the spot.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-21-2005, 7:20 PM Reply   
DJ-
One of my option2 straps broke and the other was ripping on my 05 parks bindings. I called hyperlite and they sent me 2 new straps, no ?s asked.Call 1-800-938-4646 and ask for Michelle,she was really cool and even returned my call that I left on there answering machine.
Old    yomo            09-23-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
Well I was lucky enough to get to try the new Murray board and the new Murray bindings during the Expo at the OWC. The new Murray board was pretty incredible. It has the most rocker I have every seen in a wakeboard. As far as how it rode, it was average while just surfing/cursing straight, but when you put it on edge...hold on! The board was freakin fast! The pop was awesome and very controllable. The landings were also very smooth. I rode the 138 and it definitely felt small compared to the 139 3DS. The tip and tail while looking down at it while riding, reminded me of the old Lavell. As far as the bindings: The new sock/snake skin linings where super easy to get into/out even without slime. Once wet and strapped down, the liner grabbed incredibly well. Additionally, it didn't pull hairs. As far as comfort, was probably one of the best hyperlite boots I have ever ridden. Plenty of room for your toes to wiggle around, kind of felt like a balloon around the toe section Additionally, with the Option2 strap now intergraded into the Boa system, it was super fast getting into and out of.