Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    afxsguy            08-19-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
I have SBC Wakeboard Magazine and I love it. The only problem is that there are only 2 issues a year. :-(

I have heard a lot of bad things about WBM and Alliance... and that they are ad-whores. I'm looking at getting another subscription so I can get wakeboard mags all year. (this might keep me more pumped through the winter to wakeboard again). Which one should I get. Which one is more entertaining? How bad are the ads compared to SBC?

Oh and I apologize in advance for bringing up an old topic. Thanks
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-19-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
Who cares that much about the ads? The subscription is $20/yr to either mag, and you get an issue each month. Why not get as much wakeboarding as you can? You can flip past the ads and grimace in disgust as you enjoy 2 more magazines monthly as opposed to only 2 issues per year.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-19-2004, 4:43 PM Reply   
Well if I had to choose between Alliance and SBC, I would choose Alliance. For the reason that Alliance seems to do more for the grass-roots side of the sport (as far as I know), they always seem to make sure that we have plenty of reading material for our local tournaments. I've seen Bill McCaffray, Tony Smith, and Corey M. have all attended, rode in, and judged our tournaments. They have even brought out the SPY boat to tow all riders. Now I'm not saying that SBC doesn't do anything like this, I'm just saying I have personally never seen them do anything like this. And for that reason I would choose Alliance. My 2 pennies.

(Message edited by wakestar8878 on August 19, 2004)
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       08-19-2004, 6:44 PM Reply   
Alliance, young chappy. Alliance is the answer.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-19-2004, 6:52 PM Reply   
Alliance is a better mag. The commentary is hilarious and they always do crazy sections like getting pro wakeskaters to show their wakeboarding skill or having a throwback contest. WBM has more pages and stuff to look at, but the only real wakeboarding is the photo section which is like 12 pages.
Old    afxsguy            08-19-2004, 8:32 PM Reply   
okay thanks... remember im not comparing subscriptions to SBC. i already get SBC and i love it. i just want another magazine that i can get all year long. so i think im going to go with alliance. alliance vs. WBM? alliance is the best choice?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-19-2004, 8:37 PM Reply   
Alliance.
Old    boardline23            08-19-2004, 9:05 PM Reply   
Get wakeboarding
Old    howie            08-19-2004, 9:11 PM Reply   
Just get both I can not get enough of it .. IN fact I got in trouble by my boss for having a mag out on the table. his boss pulls us and the bosses boss is another pull. he doesn't wakeboard sorry to go off topic
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-20-2004, 12:36 AM Reply   
Any of them as long as the Reef Girls are in them. Who needs articles!!