Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (meikster2810)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-18-2007, 5:56 AM Reply   
When are you guys coming over for a bit of kiwi hospo in japan and a wild time???
Is rod still building custome choppers if so is there a web page??
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-18-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
Hey Mate!

Send some pictures of the ride spots there. Maybe we just need some inspiration!

Japan for wakeboarding sounds like a serious trip!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-18-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
Yeah.... I'd love to make it over. Sounds like a blast.

When are you headed to Hawaii for Darin's new camp?

Allen was building the custom bikes. He hasn't built any more since his last one, but I'm sure he'd be willing to undertake another project for the right person.

Take care Craig..... Let's see some pics of the Japanese steeze.
Old     (meikster2810)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-20-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
lads check out my web page has some shots
flyinghighwakeboarding.com
Mate get allen to mail me with some photos of previous bikes. craigmeikle@yahoo.com
Old     (digger_004)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-30-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
I'm heading over for a couple of weeks in July. Is there anywhere or anyone to ride with around Tokoyo - Yokota AFB??????
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-30-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
Hey Doug,
Hope all is well in NorCal. It's hot as hell here in Utah. Anyways, there's a couple of places just outside Tokyo (or in that area) that you can ride. The names are Ashinoko & Eidogawa. I'm not sure how close they are to Yokota AFB but I know they offered towing services a few years back when I was there in the summer time. However, I never rode at those places, only at Lake Kawaguchi which is at the base of Mt. Fuji, so I don't know how good those places are. But my Japanese wake friends say they are decent.

How long are you going to be there for?
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       06-30-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
If any of you make it a little farther west of Japan let me know...I can probably get you set up to ride in Korea.
Old     (digger_004)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-30-2007, 10:14 PM Reply   
Good to hear from you again Ryan, you are my world wide wakeboard hook-up. I was stoked to ride in Hawaii with you, thanks, again. Now you are helping me get set up in Japan, lol. I'll be there for 2 weeks, 15-28 July. Don't forget to look me up if you are ever in Nor Cal, I'll get you hooked up.

Thanks Greg, but I'm there with the Air Force and doubt they will let me leave the country.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-01-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
No worries Doug! Never a problem to try and hookup a fellow Wakeworlder when I can. I'll definitely make sure to look you up if I'm ever in NorCal.

BTW, if you ever get a chance to head out towards Lake Kawaguchi, I highly recommend it. It's probably one of the most beautiful places I've ever ridden.

Have a great trip
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       07-01-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
Digger, I was in Korea for the same reason....Have fun.
Old     (digger_004)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-01-2007, 10:23 PM Reply   
That is cool, I was supposed to go to Osan a couple of months ago, but the trip got canceled. How is Korea to ride?
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       07-02-2007, 10:23 PM Reply   
I had a great time over there. Got set up with the right folks and normally rode 3-4 times a week. Could not have asked for better hospitality.