Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
I dont know how many of you noticed the add in wdm for a free (shortened) copy of the book wakeboarding dvd. I ordered one about a month and a half ago. i had forgotten about it just assuming it wasnt legit, just a way to get email addresses for advertising or something like that. But i went to mailbox yesterday and there it was. It consisted of one or two tricks from each section including the new wakeskate version. I really enjoyed it. So thanks for staying true to your ad for a free dvd.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-18-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
I got mine too. Very cool.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       07-18-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
same here, very cool, wish I could find a good used set of it
Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
I could not wait for mine! I went ahead and ordered the whole set from Wakeside!
Now I will have a freebie to share with new riders.
I have not even watched Disc's 3-5! If I cannot do everything on Disc's 1 and 2 I will only be torturing myself!
And Yea! The Book has been the best Instruction DVD's I have seen yet!
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-18-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
Thanks for all of the praise. The whole goal of the free dvd promotion was to give people a taste of what The Book was all about, and to show how different we are from the other instructionals. I'm happy you guys liked it.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-18-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
You sold me on it with the freebie. Now all I have to do is sell my wife on spending the $.
Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
I got mine too it is awsome thanks a lot. I will be ordering the whole set soon.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-18-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
The Book is awesome; a big step up over all the other instructionals, IMHO. Well worth the money considering the cost of lessons.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-18-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
What I wish for is an instructional game, like Wakeboarding Unleashed, only with more realistic physics that reward proper form.. Ple-e-e-e-ase..
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-18-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
Hey Mike,

I would like to load my copy onto my Ipod video for use in the boat for a quick tune up. I tried using videora and for whatever reason I get only the making of and not the individual chapters. Any thoughts?

Thanks for a great video!

Eric
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-18-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
Yes, my freebie came yesterday too, and now I'm anxious to get the full version. I will be placing my order in the next day or two.
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-19-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
Eric,
I don't know any "all-in-one" pregrams to get The Book onto your iPod video. I'm sure there is plenty of help on the subject at www.videohelp.com.

What I CAN say (even though I probably shouldn't yet) is that there is a good chance in the somewhat near future of getting iPod friendly videos from us. We have fully realized the power of bringing your instruction on the boat with you, and think iPod friendy and PSP friendly videos would be a welcomed learning aid. Nothing set in stone, by any means, but we've been talking.
Old     (7islands)      Join Date: May 2006       07-19-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
Hey sup Mike,
Have you shipped the freebie to Canadian residents also? I registered for it but I was guessed it wouldnt ship since Im form canada.

Thanks
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-19-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
Eric, Try this....

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=D3381Z/A&cid=AOSA10000025758&siteID=3nUMvbTq3pc-sV0y6ovJN5flAzSNVV2seg
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-19-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
Thanks for the link Hahn. It doesn't seem that it converts DVD to Ipod though. It says it converts quicktime to the Ipod video format and can convert phone and camcorder videos. In those cases you have the raw footage. I realize I asked Mike if there was anyway I could rip the file so I can put it into quicktime which isn;t too cool...it's his intellectual property. I have ripped some of my other wake videos and was hoping to make it work with the book...but no luck with the converter I have. I will have to try others I guess.

Mike, when you go the route of offering the Ipod files, it makes things tough because there is no way to move around chapters on the Ipod, so you would be forced to watch the whole video or "scroll" teh video to a certain section. Would work best if you sold it by trick sections.
Eric
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-19-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
Eric,
If we ever were going to venture into the iPod video market, we would definetly do smaller clips, and not rip the whole thing in one big video file. The instruction might be completely new as well. I would guess that we would probably remix The Book chapters into smaller, shorter clips focusing on the main points. If you start adding up all of the tricks that we cover, you'll soon realize that we are talking about well over 100 clips. That is a real big project (if you want to do it the right way, and not just offer some lame clips for a cheap buck). The Book was designed for DVD, and I think if we transferred it to mobile iPod files, we would need a slight redesign. Clermont Media Group is the company that owns "The Book" series. We have several other big projects that we are looking into right now, so it is hard to say what we are going to do next.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-21-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
I got mine too, it's pretty cool. Wish I had the full thing.
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-22-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
Hey Mike you bring up a great point. I get out on the water and forget the majority of the stuff in the video. Anything you guys can do to make a ipod friendly video would be awesome. I bought "The Book" and I would buy it again if you could make a download for the ipod. By the way great job on the video.
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-22-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
Hey how do you get the freebie, I'd love to see what the book has to offer, is there any way I can still get it?

I need all the help I can get :-)

(Message edited by JTD on July 22, 2006)
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-23-2006, 8:08 PM Reply   
Freebee? Still available?
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-23-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
I don't think so but here is a place to sample the DVD:

http://www.thebookdvd.com/media/vidclips.htm
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-23-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
Thnx!
Old     (pj_marks)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-25-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
It's still available. Go to http://thebookdvd.com/freedvd/
Old     (pj_marks)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-25-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
As far as the international DVD's are concerned, I mailed out A LOT of discs. There were some bad addresses and I have them here but have not gotten to e-mailing everyone that gave an incomplete address. Be patient, you will either get the disc or an e-mail pretty soon. Kevin- I did not see your name in my bad address list so it should be arriving any day.
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2006, 10:29 PM Reply   
Hey Thanx!!!!