Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (ks_cowboy)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-16-2005, 10:19 PM Reply   
I currently ride a 2002 CWB absolute 141, I was wanting to upgrade to a new board/binding setup and had a couple of questions i hoped you guys could help be with. I have been looking at a new absolute or transend. I have heard you guys say that it is a slow board, but was wondering how they would compare to my current board. I also wondered what the differences were between the 04 and 05 absolutes. Thank you in advance.

Ross
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-17-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
Ross, Both boards you are asking about are great boards, but yes they are very different. Lets start with the Transcend by Andrew Adkinson. This board is a very hard tracking,slower more consistant ride, with a lot of pop and a soft landings. The absolute is a faster board with a looser Feel, but with center fin in,it tracks slower and harder but ride it finless it is a fast tracking with big pop, soft landings. So you can dial it in for youre riding style. But as much as I like and think they are Both some of the best boards made, I would have to tell you to wait on the CWB pro model Marius BY Trevor Hansen, it is the best board I have ever seen. Thanks Jeff (innov8)
Old     (ks_cowboy)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-17-2005, 12:52 PM Reply   
I have been looking at to marius, but didn't know when it would be available. I want to get a new board before the season is to far gone.

Thanks,
Ross
Old    wickedwake            05-17-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
I ride the Transcend and could not be happier with it. It is not near as slow as I expected. The pop is huge and you hardly even feel the landings.Dont be scared of the lack of speed, you CAN make it go real fast
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-18-2005, 7:49 AM Reply   
I Will have the marius in my shop in two weeks. If you need one give me a call and we will set something up. My shop is in Granbury Tx. you can get the number on innov8actionsports.com Thanks Jeff (innov8)
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-18-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
I got the new Marius last week. Have only riding it once but its an awesome board. Still love my CWB Pure board but the Maruis has way better pop and incredibly soft landings. Definitely give it a test ride.
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
does no one ride hyperlite anymore? why dont you look at some of them before going to the poser boards...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 8:35 AM Reply   
"Poser boards?" I hope you're kidding. Either that or you're an idiot.

If you haven't looked at anything BESIDES Hyperlite, then maybe it's you that is the poser.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-19-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
please tell me he is kidding: team909 please respond because if you are for real then I may lose sleep over that comment!
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
it just doesnt seem like anyone gives hyperlite any credit anymore i guess where im from(mn) no one rides anything but hyperlite around here plus they sell cwb's at wal-mart here
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 9:06 AM Reply   
team909: Hyperlite also has a line of boards sold by low-end retailers. CWB isn't the only one. The high end boards from both companies can't be found at Wallmart. Go find yourself an Absolute and give it a ride. I bought something else because all my friends had Hyperlite. There are a lot of awesome boards out there and Hyperlite doesn't make all of them.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-19-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
I ride a HL and is the best board on the planet.Get those wannabe boards out of here!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-19-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
I have tried every board out there almost but refuse to try trevers new CWB. Because I will end up with one. team909 you are need to open your horizons. There are a lot of good boards out there. CWB is starting to come on strong. Awsome ideas and now they are building a strong team.
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
sweet dudes, i think ill go with Ed and stick with my hyperlite, and yes get those damn wannabe boards outta here, and maybe they do sell boards in lower retail stores but at least ive never seen a hyperlite in a wal-mart lets see you cwb riders say that anything having to do with wal mart can get bent
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 9:39 AM Reply   
I guess he doesn't understand the red triangle huh Ed?

Look for HO boards next time you're in Wallmart. There's your Hyperlite board.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-19-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
=Bulls#$ting MAN!!
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-19-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   

quote:

Look for HO boards next time you're in Wallmart. There's your Hyperlite board.

jrod, given his mentality he probably wont understand the affiliation of HO boards and Hyperlite.

team909, wakeboarding must not be that popular in your area. Hyperlite is all I see people ride in my area.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on May 19, 2005)
Old    bob_analog            05-19-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
Team909,

I understand that you don't like our boards. Not everyone is going to. I can however gaurantee that we have never sold any of our products to Wal-Mart or Costco and we won't be selling our products to them in the future. Next time you are at Wal-Mart take a closer look at the board to see what company it really is. If you get the chance you should try some of the new boards. There are a lot of great boards out there from many different companies. As for the Marius we have been producing them for the last few weeks and we are filling orders as fast as we can build them. So you should see them in your local shops soon. I got a chance to ride the finished product last week and I couldn't believe the pop. I definitely loved riding it. If you get a chance give it a try. Thanks for the support
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
i guess im not into this whole internet symbol slang you were cool for a second there ed
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-19-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
I agree....really cool.
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
so are you talkin me too or are you making fun of those dumb@ss's who use that slang crap
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
yeah i get it! tool ripps too man nice choice of name
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
Toolfan is the one that STARTED the red triangle.
HAHA

Ahhh...I'm dyin over here.

We're just pokin fun Team909. Hang around for a while and you'll understand.
Old     (ks_cowboy)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-19-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
I am not against other brands, I learned on a liquid force, then rode a byerly for a while, then got my absolute, I have had no problems with it and really liked it so i thought i would stay with it. Plus almost everyone around hear rides hyperlite. Do any of you guys know how these new boards absolute/transend/marius compare to my current board 02 absolute? thanks Ross
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
Ross. The Absolute has improved every year. Especially the 03-04. Those are my favorites anyway. In 03 they made significant improvements. I believe that's when they added the spine, and changed the molded fins....I think.

I did a review on the Marius and the Transcend. I'll see if I can find them.
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 10:46 AM Reply   
i think ill just stop talking, you guys can have fun with your little queer symbols
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
Good idea.
Old    chavezychavez            05-19-2005, 11:03 AM Reply   
Didn't I just get done with that argument on wb.com? It took 4 pages, but I think my point went across about marketing, HL, and tools.

J-Rod - seconded!
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
by the way dont you guys have jobs, how can you just sit on wakeworld all day and reply so fast you must have nothing better to do whats the deal?
j rod!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
I work at home. One computer is for work, the other sits on WW.com
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-19-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
if cwb's stuff are "poser boards," i can't wait to hear what he think of blindside boards.

jrod, isn't it nice to be able to cruise ww and/or wb.com and still get paid for it...and not have to worry about gettin' fired for browsing too much?
Old    drewsky24            05-19-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
team909~ Didnt you say you were going to stop talking now?
Old    skatie            05-19-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
hyperlite is a great company, they definitely have things figured out, but it's so awesome to see the rest of the industry giving them a run for their money! finally. it will keep all of them trying harder to make great stuff for us to ride!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-19-2005, 12:41 PM Reply   
team909 ~ I posted 1st time at 9:18am and you told me I was cool for a second there and you posted at 10:04am that means I was cool for 46 minutes!Hahahaha

Truthfully I got a HL and thinking I want to change boards to either....LF Substance...CWB Transcent and the Marius.None of these are HL boards like I stated but they all got my interest.

Marius..I tried and liked alot

Substance and the Transcent didn't but depending on the demo of these boards,one of those 3 boards I will own SOON!!

Ohh and sorry I'm not cool anymore!!
Old    chavezychavez            05-19-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   

quote:

hyperlite is a great company, they definitely have things figured out

Yeah, everything BUT how to turn a profit!!!!

quote:

by the way dont you guys have jobs, how can you just sit on wakeworld all day and reply so fast you must have nothing better to do whats the deal?

Holy crap I hope this guy doesn't see my post count on the other site!
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-19-2005, 2:45 PM Reply   
My opinion CWB has by FAR the best line up of boards. I will take the absolute, Transcend, or Marius over any board any day!!!! Liquid Force has the best line up in bindings right now. Lets face it Hyperlite has taken a step back and CWB and Liquid Force are making better stuff.

Team909- For your info most posers ride Hyperheavy!!!! One of the reasons I do not ride Hyperheavy is the fact that so many posers ride them and the second reason is they are not as good. So many stores sell hyperlite so more people ride it. Now when people think it is cool to wakeboard,they go and buy a wakeboard. What brand do the buy? They buy Hyperlite(because every store sells them). So now you have many posers riding Hyperlite. I have to admit I thought hyperlite was the bomb when I first started wakeboarding but as I got more involved with the sport I realized something. Just because a company has its name plastered all over the place does not mean its better.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 2:56 PM Reply   
HAHA...all the use of the word "Poser" is killing me

Derik has a point though. I would say most newbies pick up a Hypertank for their first board just because the name is so big. Let's face it. Parks, Harf, Murray and Byerly are the reason they sell so well.

BTW, no disrespect to the guys riding hyperlite. I'm just making a point about newbies and the powerful effect the number one team (for now) has on the market.

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-19-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
Ok after reading this thread I am going out Whoring. Anyone know where to get a Marius. I would rather be a whore than a poser.
Old    chavezychavez            05-19-2005, 3:26 PM Reply   
Squid: sure do know where!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 4:09 PM Reply   
Ski World will have the Marius in about week.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-19-2005, 4:22 PM Reply   
do da do da la la la I can't here you J-Rod
Old    260searay            05-19-2005, 4:24 PM Reply   
Ok i am a rookie and really dont know much, nor can i ride for crap. I mean i usually eat crap trying to cross the wake haha but i will get better. When i decided to get a board and try it out last summer the first board i looked at was a hyperlite motive. Then i ended up with an obrien. It seems those two come to consideration first. This year i bought an 05 LF Team with Sphynx and havent ridden it yet and hope i like it. You guys are funny haha
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-19-2005, 7:43 PM Reply   
God bless you Chris. You are what every beginner wakeboarder should be. Start with a basic setup, move on to an intermediate, then next year, look at a pro deck.

I see an incredible amount of people on the lake learning to get up on Parks and Byerlys.
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-19-2005, 8:49 PM Reply   
I am a beginner in this sport.
I began with a LF DLX that I didn't like.
I bought like you say a "Hyperheavy" that I tried in a wakeboard camp in Orlando. this was a Temet 04. liked it and bough it @performance.
Yes it is a bit heavy but stable board easy to evolve

Now I am looking for a bit more agressive board: HL Premier or O'brien Valhalla.

My points is:
- not everyone can demo boards
- not all shops have every board of any compagny
- Yes HL has a big market

I am new to this sport, but I prefer look it has every board is good for different needs, circonstance or feeling.

Bottom line: I wakeboard because I have fun (and no I am not great on a board lol)

this is my .02 cents
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-20-2005, 8:46 AM Reply   
SoCalrider ~ You are so right!!

Me and my best friend at the time,Him on Parks and me on Byerly.Both beginers and posers!