Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-23-2003, 7:38 PM Reply   
It has been beautiful here for the last week and a half!!!!!
But wouldnt you know it, as soon as it warmed back up i torn some cartlige in my wrist. Had a MRI on monday and it showed a tear and quite a bit of fluid in my joint!
Which sucks because it is my left wrist and i ride mostly lefty forward so i cant hang on!
Suck!
The only thing that makes me feel better(but not really) is that it is turnig cold and rainy this weekend so i wont have to look out at the boat in all its glory in the bright sunshine!
Old    norcal_99            10-23-2003, 7:46 PM Reply   
Ride right foot forward and hold on with your right hand.

Old    lachlantait            10-24-2003, 4:01 AM Reply   
yeah just think by the end of your season you will have one hell of a switch riding ability!
look on the upside
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-24-2003, 4:42 AM Reply   
It is turning cold this weekend probably for the year...Yeah i could ride right foot forward its just not as fun...
I am rehabing for next March!!!!!!!
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-24-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
I feel ya man.

I rolled my ankle 10 weeks ago. Rode two weekends on it, both were really tough as I could not go for it. I did practice alot of switch riding, keeping the bad ankle up front. It definately helped my riding overall. Only problem was I really wanted to charge the wake switch/heelside just to give it a go.

Ankle is 75% now, so maybe in a couple weeks.....

Good luck and heal quick.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-24-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
Sid,

Rene was right, you can learn a lot of technical stuff riding switch.

I know for a fact that I wouldnt let a wrist injury keep me off of the water!