Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (lakeday)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-20-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
What size and type of anchor are you guys using for your boats? I am going to have my boat in the water all next week in an area without a dock or slip. I plan to anchor it in the water rather than nosing it up on shore. Anyone have any suggestions on this? My plan was to tie the front to a stake on the shore and try to anchor at the back of the boat. Thanks for input.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-20-2003, 7:59 AM Reply   
scroll down the page and you would find this link:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/70234.html?1055272500
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-20-2003, 9:18 AM Reply   
Yeah check out that link, but your plan to tie the bow facing the beach and the stern towards the open water might not be a good one, especially if it is rough and there is a lot of rollers coming in.

If you tie the bow facing the open water and the stern towards the beach it makes it easier to get in the boat when your ready to leave, plus if your listening to the stereo on the beach you can hear it better too. It's all about the stereo LOL Oh and you won't swamp your boat if some rouge rollers come in.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-20-2003, 9:45 AM Reply   
If its sandy or muddy bottom, fluke anchor works good. They are not that great for rocky bottoms. I always used the cheapest fluke I could find and never had any probs. 8lb for a 21' boat, or if the lake gets windy, a 13lb will definitely hold. Make sure you use at least 6' of 1/4 chain as well.
Old     (ryan_e)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-20-2003, 8:10 PM Reply   
I was the one that started that thread. I ended up with a "River Anchor" I have a 20lb in the front and a 15lb in the back. My boat does not move a inch. I am in sandy/muddy bottum lake too.