Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2014, 7:25 AM Reply   
If you want to see a bunch of different waves, all in one place, check out the Tige MyWake comp videos:
http://mywake.tige.com/category/wakesurf
I think if you click on the rider's name, you can see their profile and what boat they have.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-18-2014, 7:54 AM Reply   
In all seriousness, as an Enzo owner, I think the biggest consideration of what boat you'll be buying should be the quality and proximity of the dealer. My dealer is outstanding, and if he switched from selling Centurions to Mastercraft (not going to happen), then I'd be seriously considering a Mastercraft. And since Centurions now run over 110k for the FS44, its not like Mastercraft/Correct Craft are much more expensive. I paid 85k for the SV233 (the boat is actually around 22'6", for comparisons sake), and that same boat would be running around 90k now. Seems on par with Malibus and maybe slightly less than MC/CC with the exception of a limited number of models. So, lets put away the notion that Centurion is a cheaper boat. It isn't.

I was drawn to Centurion because I went out on a 244 and was blown away by the wave. My previous experience was a Malibu and Supra, and they didn't hold a candle. These were not the latest greatest models, so my experience is dated. However, I know some amateur (non sponsored by the boat companies) riders that are quite good, and they tell me in all seriousness that the Centurion wave is the most consistently good wave across all the makers, and they've been behind them all. I trust their judgement. I went out on the FX44 this year, with no additional weight, with Drew Danielo, and thought the wave was outstanding. We had about 6 people in the boat, no additional ballast, just stock RAMFill, and it was better than our SV233 wave (not much, but considering it took all of 60 seconds to setup this beautiful wave, I was impressed).
Old    rullery            07-18-2014, 7:56 AM Reply   
The best surf boat is the one you have fun surfing behind with your friends and family all summer. The fact is ALL the boat brands out there will give you a good enough wave to progress and have fun on. Style is subjective, but cost, value, gas consumption, and above all dealer support should be the biggest things to weigh when looking for your surf boat.

After all, if in theory this thread definitively comes to the conclusion that, say, Tige is the best surf boat - that won't help you when your Tige dealer is an @$$hole and 200 miles away from you.

There are way to many other things to consider when looking for a new boat. So to answer the OPs question - there is no best boat for wake surfing.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-18-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
I disagree!
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       07-18-2014, 9:12 AM Reply   
I was in the wakeworld classifieds last night, and somehow ended up on the Pavati site, so I figured hell why not cruise around.

Not that I would buy one, I'm sure it's way out of my league financially, but have you guys seen all the features? I must say I was quite surprised.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-18-2014, 9:17 AM Reply   
My dad would kick your dad's butt.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-18-2014, 1:01 PM Reply   
malibu 23lsv or any surfgate boat hands down wins. ive ridden nautique, mc, mb, centurion and supreme..... no one came close.
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       07-18-2014, 1:15 PM Reply   
Good for you man, you must be so proud of your self for being so awesome
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-18-2014, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
My dad would kick your dad's butt.
Had to laugh at loud at this one. These type of threads always turn in to this.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       07-18-2014, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_balon View Post
malibu 23lsv or any surfgate boat hands down wins. ive ridden nautique, mc, mb, centurion and supreme..... no one came close.
Not even a little close?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-18-2014, 1:59 PM Reply   
This is a silly thread, but I'll give my 2 cents, just in case it may help someone. I surf and only surf. Been behind all them boats and have owned several brands. I bought a boat specifically for the surf wave. Surprise, it's a Centurion SV230...The interior is crap, because it's a 2005, but they really stepped up the interiors in the last few years. Centurion's gelcoats, however, are stellar.

I load my boat to the max on one side only and have a surf gate. The gate works awesome at cleaning up the wake. I've found that the gates, NSS, etc. work well to make a clean wake, but it's the deep V transom and displacement that truly make an awesome wake. You can't tell how good a wave is by looking at it. A flatter bottom boat with lots of weight and a gate will make a giant looking wave, but it'll have significantly less push than a V bottom boat, like a Centurion or MB or Tige.

On a side note, evenly weighted boats with gate systems suck down gas like crazy.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       07-18-2014, 2:03 PM Reply   
What we should really be talking about is who's built in coolers keep their beer cold the best/longer.
And I'll tell you that Malibu flunked that chapter
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-18-2014, 2:26 PM Reply   
I would much fly in the air than fake surf any day of the week. I have had a good time surfing, but it will never replace my wakeboard !
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-18-2014, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_balon View Post
No one came close?!?!? I mean, wakeworld has a multitude of biased opinions, but this one takes the cake! Actually, it's not a biased statement, it's an ignorant one.

A 23lsv surfs excellent, but to say that "nothing comes close" is just plain stupid.
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       07-18-2014, 3:35 PM Reply   
Fight!!!!!!! Fight!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-18-2014, 5:18 PM Reply   
Ding! Ding! Round Two.
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-18-2014, 7:25 PM Reply   
This board is nothing but opinions. To think you would receive any advice other than biased takes would be asinine.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-18-2014, 7:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeWise View Post
This board is nothing but opinions. To think you would receive any advice other than biased takes would be asinine.
Everyone is going to be biased by their personal experiences. To think that a person couldn't ask for advice and then consider the advice received (and the personal experiences of the advisors) before making a decision is what is asinine. All information is good, if you use it appropriately.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-19-2014, 6:32 AM Reply   
I had a 73 year old woman surfing last night. She was shredding even let go of the rope and had a beer. I thought it was a lil too extreme but she had a ton of fun and since she hadn't ridden in 47 years I wa just like hell ya!!
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       07-21-2014, 5:11 PM Reply   
G23 with NSS and about 2000lbs over stock ballast is by far the best wave I have surfed...

With all the awesome boats with surf systems out there today, I don't think there is much to complain about.
Old     (cgilliland)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-22-2014, 3:00 PM Reply   
Supra SE

Because you cannot yet prove that it's not
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-22-2014, 6:27 PM Reply   
Sounds like I need a an LSV G23 supracenturiontigeMC with surfgate & flow. Now I know