Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-24-2012, 4:22 AM Reply   
The Polar Bear event is coming up on 10/13 and 10/14 and registrations will be starting shortly. One of the great things about the Polar Bear event is that a group of people addicted to wakesurfing get together to surf their brains out behind the best wakesurf boats anywhere, and the best wakesurf boards available. Its an amazing time and life long friends are made. Dave Rusch from Lake Tahoe was one of the attendees in 2010 and was looking to get a great board and his own wakesurf boat. In the end he wasn't ready to drop the coin for a new wakesurf boat so he spent some time doing research and asked me for my thoughts on some good used boats he could get a at a decent price. Dave is goofy footed and most of his friends are regular so a great wake on both sides was a must. I gave him some recommendations and on my short list was a used Tige 22v. I had seen others make a great wake with this boat and they can be found on craigslist or other places at a fair price. Well dave found an AMAZING deal and we just went out this weekend with him and this boat throws an incredible wake on both sides regardless of what he paid for it. Here are a couple pictures of the boat.

IMG_9745 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_0168 by wake9, on Flickr

Pretty good lookin' boat right? So what did he pay for it? Here are a few shots of the wake. Here is a chase shot of Dave riding goofy:

IMG_0364 by wake9, on Flickr

And this is about the same moment from inside the boat, so a great comparison.

IMG_4178 by wake9, on Flickr

Here is the other side, both great.

IMG_9879 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_3782 by wake9, on Flickr

Check out this picture of Thomas riding backside on the 22v.

IMG_3745 by wake9, on Flickr

This is an awesome pic, it shows RJ boosting and the boat in action and fully stocked with boards.

IMG_0588 by wake9, on Flickr

You can see it has plenty of room for a family and plenty of room for boards. So how much did he pay for it?

$17,500

How cool is that? And only 150 hours. Deals can be found! Dave put in his own ballast system and put in a cross link system for quick side to side transfer like we have and it works great. Dave will have to post more detail on his system. I believe he reproped the boat and added a "mud" flap to help keep the wake clean and cut his swim deck a bit. I think that's it, though, for surf mods. All but ballast and prop are simple, do it yourself, inexpensive mods.

Make sure you ask Dave about his setup. He is still tweaking like we all do, of course.