Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-18-2011, 7:34 PM Reply   
I finished my 90 days two weeks ago, rested a a couple of days and I was going through with draws. So started another 90 days! From dieting a month before starting my first 90 days and through the 90 days I lost 42 pounds! Went from a size 40 pants to size 36 being loose. Saw major changes all over. This truly is a life style change and not just a 90 day program. I have to say I've been ou wake boarding twice since I lost the weight and man what a difference! More stamina, more pop and already more tricks in my riding. My first run was crazy since my center of gravity was off, but fixed that quickly. All and I'm I'm stocked with p90x and I can't wait to see where I'm at in another 90 days!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-18-2011, 7:56 PM Reply   
Let's see the pics!!
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-18-2011, 8:48 PM Reply   
I will decently post pics. I have to resize them.
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-18-2011, 8:49 PM Reply   
Definitely*
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-22-2011, 11:46 AM Reply   
So here are some pics! I still have more to go to get to my goal but I am extremly happy with my results for my first round! Lost 43 pounds and went from a size 40 pants to 36's being loose. I have already started my second round!

Name:  DSC_1045.jpg
Views: 1616
Size:  79.4 KB

Name:  DSC_1681.jpg
Views: 1587
Size:  45.4 KB

Name:  DSC_1049.jpg
Views: 1604
Size:  85.7 KB

Name:  DSC_1624.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  70.6 KB
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-23-2011, 7:54 AM Reply   
dude - incredible..

you look 5 years younger as well
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-23-2011, 8:45 AM Reply   
They need to sign you up for their promos! Look beaten down in the before pics and all happy in the after. :-) Great job...looking good man...in a manly kind of way.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-23-2011, 9:17 AM Reply   
Very cool to see the pics. What a change. Nice job. You must feel awesome!!
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-23-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
Thanks guys! I do feel awesome, I didn't realize how bad off I was. It's funny my before pics aka the mugg shots as I call them , I look miserable in all of them and then each 30 days I did pics my smile got bigger and bigger, funny how that works!
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-24-2011, 5:45 PM Reply   
Bear, nice work. good results...gives me hope. I am frustrated right now cuz I'm 8 weeks in and same weight. I am hoping for the results to come in this final phase I guess. People ask me if I lost weight, which I know is a positive because my body must a look a little different (thought unnoticeable to me...) but I know I can stand to lose a couple pounds, but my body just seems to hold here for some reason.
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-26-2011, 7:12 PM Reply   
Hey Dave how's it going? Are u still doing the p90x? How's the back??
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-27-2011, 12:39 PM Reply   
I don't know if Dave is still around but I am back on track. I took about a month off. Still working out during that time but the diet defintely struggled with vacation and business dinners. Last week was my first full week back. Feel so much better on the program. Diet went perfect and did all the workouts, hoping to do another 90 days straight.
Baer are you still on board?

O yeah one more thing I am trying the recovery drink for this cycle. I will be interested if this makes a difference. The drink I think is pretty yummy.
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-27-2011, 8:34 PM Reply   
I too took some time off after my first round of 90 days. I ended up cracking some ribs on a bad 3 wake boarding, they are all better now and I'm 1 week in! Like you mike I feel so much better back in the program. On that month off I gained 3 pounds, not bad! I really need to crack back down on the diet though and start logging it again. I too am shooting for another 90 day round.
I haven't used their recovery drink, but I used dark matter recover drink last round and whey protien isolate. I really like the dark matter recovery drink. I believe it is a little cheaper than their brand so u might want tomcheck it out.

Is anyone using any type of thermogenic? My friend was telling ,e about oxy elite or rockcy elite. Any thoughts?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-28-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
I just finished week 12 last week before I went on a six-day vacation and definitely fell off the wagon for the diet and workout!! I think I ate a pound of M&M's for no other reason than they were sitting in front of me! On the bright side, the vacation was a family reunion and my whole family commented on how much better I looked. I think my oldest brother might even start P90X himself after seeing my results. It was really good to get the feedback from people that haven't seen me in a while because it's hard to see the results when you're looking in the mirror at only small daily changes.

There are a few things I'm disappointed in, but I can't say that I stuck to everything 100% throughout the program, so I can't necessarily blame it on P90X. I've still got a little belly fat that I can't seem to get rid of. Beer was probably the thing I cheated with most, so that probably didn't help. I might get crazy and trade in the Pacificos for Coors Light when I do drink. Also, my arms don't really look that different when they're hanging at my sides. The only time I really notice a different in size is when I bend them at the elbows, so maybe I need to "bring it" more on the bicep and tricep stuff.

I'm not sure where I'm going to go from here. I will definitely continue to stick to the diet when I'm not on vacation. I will also do some sort of workout as well, but I'm not sure how much working out. I'd really like to do the whole thing over again because I'm really stoked on how it went. However, now that it's heating up in So Cal, doing the workouts in my garage might be tough. I'm going to do the final recovery week and get it figured out over the next 7 days. Either way, I'm not going back to my old habits and I will continue to improve my health!

Last edited by wakeworld; 06-28-2011 at 2:16 PM.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-29-2011, 9:27 AM Reply   
Dave, try "googling" some cross fit exercises. alot of them you can do at home. Mix those into the p90x routines when you start to get bored. anyone looking for a good snack...these are pretty good.

 1 cup all natural peanut butter,
 4 scoops of protein powder
 ¼ cup agave nectar
 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
 3 cups quick oats, 1 cup dark chocolate chips ( 70% cocoa)
 1 cup water

Mix the protein powder, agave, and peanut butter together in a bowl. You can use an electric mixer or food processor if you want, but a strong spoon will suffice as well. If you decide to use granulated sweetener instead of liquid sweetener you may have to add a drop of water just to thin out the mixture a bit. If you have used a particularly oily brand of natural peanut butter, you might need to add more protein powder.
Roll scoops of the batter into balls. At some point you could try rolling the balls in crushed nuts. Store peanut butter protein balls on a plate or tray, or put them in a bag. Either way you have to refrigerate them if you want them to stay round.
Makes approximately 16 balls about one inch in diameter.
Approx:
Calories—210
Total fat – 10 g
Sat. Fat – 2
Total carb – 17
Sugar – 4
Protein 12 g
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-01-2011, 9:38 AM Reply   
Dave, I feel the same way. I finished week 11 just last week before I went on vacation. I have been killin' it every week, but not noticing a whole lot of change, but I guess its prob because I see myself everyday. The one area I slacked was the diet....I ate pretty healthy in general, but didn't follow the p90x nutrition necessarily. Thought for sure as much as my arms hurt every workout, I would see some dramatic results but nothin impressive, nothing noticeable when my arms are hangin. The muscle is there when I flex, but thats bout it. And the other bummer mind you is I didn't really lose much weight. I was holding around 205 when I started, and now I am holding right around 200. I know its not about the scale, but at 5'9" I can stand to lose a couple... My thought now is to maybe go on crash course weight loss and maybe it will reveal the muscles I gained?? I had a bet with a friend of mine about 3 years ago to lose 30lbs, I did it in 6 weeks just cut calories and ran for an hour a day. (I weighed 216 at the time tho) My only concern with that is I know cuttin calories drastically and doing only cardio will also take some of the muscle away. Still a fan of p90x. I feel great.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-06-2011, 7:43 AM Reply   
The key for me on seeing my abs was cutting carbs as much as possible and getting my needed protien. Never counted calories or got exact with my diet but between the two it worked for me and I was happy eating.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-06-2011, 9:30 AM Reply   
Yeah, I might go back to cutting down on the carbs. I'm at about 50% right now. It seems like I had the best results when carbs were at 30%.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-06-2011, 2:01 PM Reply   
What do you guys suggest as a recovery drink. I bought the p90X recovery drink but man it is killing my acid reflux. It is a little to intense for my flux, especially cause I do my workouts at night. Anybody got any suggestions. Thanks, Mike
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-07-2011, 6:36 AM Reply   
IMO, the recovery drink is nothing special. try some vanilla whey protien, mixed w/ some sort of juice and a bit of creatine.
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-07-2011, 9:15 PM Reply   
I like dark matter recovery drink that I get at the vitamin shop
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-20-2011, 2:33 PM Reply   
I'm in week two of my second go-around. I still hate pull-ups with a passion!

Seeing a lot of research this year about how bad diet sodas are, so I'm going to try to cut those out as well. Here's one of them: http://healthandsurvival.com/2008/01...er-diet-foods/, but a quick Google search gives you a lot more to chew on.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-10-2011, 8:46 AM Reply   
I'm in week 3 of my 1st p90x cycle.... I must say that I'm having immediate results. Having said that, I've worked out in the past but have never really focused on my diet. I'd just get some supplements and eat more protein, but have NEVER counted calories... Also I've never been on a 6 day a week routine because I always assumed that would lead to over-training... who knew! I am dialing in my 60-30-10 quite nicely w/Livestrong.com and I'm certain that's 80% of my early results. I recover faster than I could have imagined. I've cheated very very little (although i know, it's only been 17 days). I had a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios the other night, and two Saturday's ago, the boys and I were out riding our dirtbikes, and I didn't have any lunch w/me so we swung thru McD's. (I had chicken sandwich thing).
I do have 2 questions for you veteran dieters/nutrition/P90X'ers... My one vice is coffee. If I work out FTIM, I can forego my morning cup, but I don't do that every morning, about half the time I workout at our gym at work during lunch (I've converted the videos to iPad format w/handbrake and take my iPad to the gym). So it's harder than I thought to not have that morning cup of coffee...with 2 ts of sugar and 1 cream. and during the day, we have coffee flowing constantly at the office. I'll have maybe 2 to 4 cups throughout the day, but it's always straight black.
Someone please tell me something really bad about the effect of caffeine on this routine/diet... I know it's a diuretic and may be negating the Creatine I'm taking w/the recovery drink, but I am still getting plenty of water. And of course I know I need to cut the sugar completely out. but DAMN it's hard to break my morning ritual.
And I too HATE pull-ups. Thanks for all the WW P90X threads!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-10-2011, 11:56 AM Reply   
coffee is fine..IMO it's very beneficial. slowly cut back on the sugar but a few packets of sugar and cream a day won't haev much negative effect on you. . Unless your competting, if you can stay close to the diet you'll have great results.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-10-2011, 12:04 PM Reply   
I had the same issue with Diet Pepsi and it's tough. One thing I have found is that water works great as a replacement for sodas/coffee that you drink while sitting at a desk all day. I really never have a craving for water like I do for Diet Pepsi, but I find that if I sit down with my 32 oz. cold water, I will sip it until it's gone and it's just as enjoyable as any other beverage. Not sure it will work quite as well as your morning "wake up" beverage, but it works great to replace the casual drinking you do all day while working.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-10-2011, 4:42 PM Reply   
I'm not on P90x but doing Insanity instead, another Beach Body program with a similar nutrition guide. I was like you drinking 3-4 cups of coffee a day with creme and sugar. I have slowly moved to drinking all black coffee now. Every day just use a little less sugar until you start drinking it with just creme, then start reducing the amount of creme over time until it's straight black. This will help especially if you are counting calories.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-11-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
Brad, you might have misunderstood me a little. The only coffee i drink w/sugar and cream is 1st thing in the morning. The rest of the day it's black all the way... just a LOT of it. ha ha.
I think it's amazing how much more knowledgeable we are with the advent of the internet. I don't think much of the knowledge about proper diet is necessarily new, but look how much easier it is to find this stuff out. Once you adopt a few basic principles (60-30-10 to shed fat, then more balanced for maintenance; a good source of easily absorbable protein right after a workout; ability to easily track your calories/nutrition (e.g. Livestrong)) Most of this is not new, but more widely available now. It's really not that hard.
...well, off to the gym.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-05-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
progress update...
2 1/2 weeks to go on 1st round of P90x.
I've lost about 12 lbs (from 189).
At least 2 notches on my belt.
couldn't do 2 clean pull-ups. Now I can do a set of 10 (never been good at pull-ups)
I don't know what my bodyfat% is, but I'd guess I've lost about 5%. Would like to get under 20% but I'm probably still at 24% (according to my bathroom scale)
This morning I ran 5.2 miles in just under <40 mins (right at about 7:40/mile)
The best part is, people don't say "you look like you've lost weight" they say "you look fit!" Which is fine w/me because I've definitely traded fat for muscle. Also, the 12 lbs I've lost have mostly come in the last 2-3 weeks.
I have not been using the MyPlate app since about week 5 because I roughly eat the same stuff all the time. However, I do think my calories are down recently, hence the more recent weight drop.
If 100% were: not missing a single workout, and zero diet cheats, I'd give myself an 80%

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of having a 6pack because I've never really been that lean before. I think(hope) it'll be dialed in somewhere during my 2nd cycle. But I'm already beyond what my original goal was (to not be embarrased to take my shirt off on the boat). My new goal is a 6pack before I turn 41.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-05-2011, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
But I'm already beyond what my original goal was (to not be embarrased to take my shirt off on the boat).
That made me laugh, but I pretty much had the same goal! I think I've gotten to that point, but I still want to go further. I still have a very small, but very stubborn spare tire that I can't seem to get rid of. However, the last month has been a lot of traveling, so my diet and workouts have gone to the dogs. It's really tough to get back into it once you've stopped for a while because you have to go through all the 24/7 soreness again.

Oh, and I still suck at pullups!!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-05-2011, 10:37 AM Reply   
I have been off and on the diet since I finished the whole 90 days back in May. I must say I feel much better when I am on the diet and I have really been slackin on my workouts lately. Saying that I am starting the program with the diet again today. I will give it a go for another 90 days. Since I am still in pretty decent shape if I can stick with it I think I will see some really good results. Problem is my wife is kind of tired of the diet which definately makes harder on me. She is 7 years younger then me so probably doesn't need to follow the diet as much as I do.

I found with the pull ups once you break through you will be able to do a lot. You just have to get past that pount. Right now I can probably do between 12 and 15 per round. But at the end of the program I was doing between 20 and 30 per round. Just gotta keep pushing it and you will get there.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-05-2011, 11:18 AM Reply   
I do all my own food. There's no way my wife would eat the bland diet I've got going.
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-06-2011, 6:34 PM Reply   
Nice job Pound! Just an update from me. I finished my second round of p90x a few wks ago. I slacked on the diet now and then on the second round. Now I am on wk 2 of insanity! Insanity is crazy, fun but hard! No real weigh lifting just cardio. Like plyo every day! It's only about 40 min, so it's faster than p90x . My plan is to do insanity, then p90x and rotate back and forth. Until I get p90x2! Then work that in. I like the mix of insanity because it keeps it fresh and I don't get bored.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-15-2011, 4:56 PM Reply   
wondering who is still pressing play. I have done one round of P90x 9didnt really folllow their diet but ate good) had nice results. Kinda got bored working out at home by myself. I stumbled across these fit groups in my area on meetup.com. They have meet ups just about everydayof the week in the tampa st pete area. They have them in hotels like 30-50 people show up they throw the video up on a big screen and everybody works out. Its great!! So much better working out in a group setting. And all the workouts are free.They alternate between P90X,Insanity & Asylum. Between starting shakeology and going to these meetup groups, I am really starting to see some great results. I found I push myself so much harder when I work out in the group setting. Insanity and Asylum are no joke! Both will kick your azz for sure. I normally dont buy into the hype of things like shakeology either. But I have to say it really has jumped started my fitness. I use it as sugg. either for breakfast or lunch and have noticed a major boost in energy . One of the major things wich I am sure is related to it all is that I sleep soooo much better after I started S.O.. On a side note anybody reading this and thinking about starting a fitness program I would say start with Insanity over P90x. P90X is a great program,but Insanity is a little less involved...no weights no chin up bar...but oh so effective! Both will get the job done but I wish I would have started with Insanity. Assylum is INTENSE and if you think your in shape put that bad boy on and find out! Keep pressing play!!
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-17-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
I just finished my chest, shoulders, tri's and ab ripper workout. I'm on week 12 day 1. woo hoo. I'm really going to have to look into Insanity.
As far as diet... the friggin wheels fell off the wagon this weekend. I don't even want to talk about it... best to just put it behind me and move on... friggin Taco Bell... what was I thinking! ha ha. I was so weak in the gym today. Not a good way to finish it out. But I'm quickly back on track and I went for an extra 4 mile run this morning before work and I hit it as hard as I could today on above mentioned workout...
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-17-2011, 4:22 PM Reply   
Taco Bell!! Dear God the wheels did fall off!! LOL I wouldnt eat Tb on my worst day. But it happens..you got back in the game and worked out hard/extra. Just put it behind you dont make it a habbit and you should be fine. I never drank coffee before in my 42 yrs. but since i started shakeology the have a recipe with coffee so i figured I would try it. WOW its really good and really gets you going! 1cup coffee black 1cup almond milk a little ice and a scoop of SO. One power packed get you going breakfast! Keep pressing play brother good things will happen!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-20-2011, 12:39 PM Reply   
Can someone post the P90X diet sheet for me? I've checked my hdd and can't find it anywhere. I'm going to be starting up again soon. I don't follow it to a T but use as a guideline.

Sent with my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typos.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-20-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
I've got them in PDF, but there are 5/6 files and they are big...a couple are 9MB. shoot me an email awcurtis@epco.com
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-11-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
Last night, the kids were talking about Veteran's Day and wanted to see my old Navy uniforms. So I dug them out... AND THEY STILL FIT!!! not like, I-had-to-squeeze-into-them fit, but perfectly fit. So I'm back to the size I was 17 yrs ago thanks to P90X.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-11-2011, 2:43 PM Reply   
I would have bet everything I owned that I was not more than 10-20 lbs. overweight, but I've lost 34 lbs. and still have a little spare tire to lose thanks to P90X. I haven't tried my old suits on since I started, but I'm getting into some 34 shorts, which I haven't worn for about 20 years. Crazy how the weight gain sneaks up on you.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-15-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
I just started the program back up a couple of weeks ago. Tried to start it back in august, but had an ankle injury from boarding and as soon as that healed up I tore my bicep... But it's healed now so now I'm squared away to start up round 2. I'm super broke though so the diet is a borderline no-go. I'm hoping that being 23 will partially make up for that... I'm eating as healthy at the dining halls as I can and I bought a lot of cheapo food lion chicken. Also my sister let her friends drink a bunch of my... adult beverages, so in exchange she gave me True-Mass by BSN that she had accidentally purchased instead of Syntha-6.

Anyways, I'm doing weekly pictures and uploading them to a Picasa album. There hasn't been much of a difference appearance wise, but I can do Ab Ripper much better than just a couple of weeks ago, and my pushup total in chest and back has gone from 120 in week 1 to 168 by week 3.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1017574...CPyWhPuYmv68Ug

That's the link to the picture album. I'm gunna keep it updated weekly, so now I'm using you guys to keep me accountable for sticking with the program, hahaha. I started out at 230 lbs (I'm 6'6"), and I'm trying to get down to a solid 215-220.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-15-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
I just wanted to say go Dave! That sounds great.

I have been on a little roller coaster with the program. I will work hard with good diet for about a month then go of blow it. Anyway I am on the program faithfully right now. I leave for Maui on Christmas day and I do better with a goal. Gonna do the program and workout hard until then.
BRING IT!
Old     (brazosfreak05)      Join Date: May 2009       11-16-2011, 8:13 PM Reply   
What do you guys think about using a bench press instead of doing the pushups? For instance instead of doing the pushups with your feet on the chair you could do incline bench press. Also by doing that you can add more weight which would lead to less reps. Wouldnt this in turn lead to more muscle mass? I have tried p90x and the most i ever got to was about week 6 and i didnt follow the diet. My plan now is to do the full p90x but i was wanting do use the bench press instead of pushups. Im 6' 200lbs.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-17-2011, 6:30 AM Reply   
Do I think you can build more muscle mass using weight ( bench/incline/decline, ect) over pushups...absolutely...Yes.

But at 6' 200lbs ur moving around alot of body weight...give p90 a chance thru the normal program. If you follow it , you'll be happy with the results.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-17-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
I'm still disappointed in how many pull-ups I can do. Why are they so hard for me??
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-17-2011, 12:43 PM Reply   
David, This might not be the "right" answer, but what I've found is over time I've kinda changed the geometry of my pull-ups. initially I would pull straight up and down, but now I pull in more of an arcing motion. Pulling straight up is PURE lats where acring up involves a little more of the rest of your back. In other words, kinda turn your chest toward the ceiling a bit on the way up until you get to the top. Also it helps to get into a rather quick rythym. Not cheaters, but not completely, fully extended at the bottom either. I can always squeeze 1 or 2 more out when I start off w/a fairly fast rythym (again, not herky jerky half pull-ups either, just a bit faster). I've never been real good at them either and can't do 100's of them like above, but I can get 10-12 out of a set (at least at the beginning of a routine I can).
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-17-2011, 1:01 PM Reply   
I just think it takes time with the pull ups. THe first few times I did the program I was doing around 90 pull ups. When I changed my diet and fully committed that is when I started to do a lot more. I would suggest adding another day where you do some pull ups to your routine and I think this will help you out. I will do a day where I just try and do as many as possible in one set. I try to do pull ups 3 days a week and that has helped my numbers get up there. Also obviously push as hard as you can, if you can squeeze in one or two reps it will help them become easier over time.

I switch it up all the time. RIght now on my extra day for pull ups. I am doing slow motion pull ups (3) then fast (4) then slow (3). (3 Sets)

Then I am doing 3 sets of of 8 pull ups with my legs up straight. Those work your abs like crazy and are pretty tough.

Just keep doing it and make it fresh. You will get there.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-17-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
Lately I've just been rotating through the four upper body workout routines doing one every two or three days and I think two or three of them involve pull ups. I usually start out with 10 and by the end of the workout I'm at 0. I do use the chair, so I will still do 12 or so chair pull-ups in addition to my zero regular pull-ups at the end! Pound, I will try some of those tips. I definitely have been dropping all the way down and have not been getting a rhythm going. I may be obsessing to much on making them "clean." Thanks!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-17-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
David, this might sound strange, but focus on using your abs/core to pull you up. This helped me a great deal. As my abs got stronger due to yoga and ab ripper, I could really feel the power coming from my core while doing pull ups.

looking forward to P90X2!!!!
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-14-2011, 7:38 AM Reply   
Well, yesterday was my 41st bday. And I missed my goal. No 6 pack. If you get the light just right, and I stand far enough away, you can see it. ha ha. I'm still happy w/my results. Feeling great. Strong, and younger.
Took my boys and several of their friends paintballing last Saturday. And didn't think about it until it was over, but I never got very winded. It was a blast keeping up w/those 15-16 y/o's. Can't wait for WB season to come back. I'll keep hittin' it and maybe I'll have that 6pack by Spring.
Another thing i've been wanting to post here. I've discovered that if I occasionally (like once a month) have a day or at most a weekend where I completely blow my diet, just don't think about it at all, I actually have great results in the following 1-2 weeks. I'm sure that sounds crazy, but here's my theory... either the idea of getting it out of my system drives me to dial it in that much closer the following weeks, and/or it kinda tricks my body into not fighting me to use the fat for energy by signalling that it's okay to burn the fat because there's more coming... make sense? I find that I can either be 80% dialed in 100% of the time and get ok'ish results, or I can be 60% dialed in for a day or two per month and then be motivated to be 100% the rest of the month and have better results?
Crazy, I know. But sadly, I can't be 100% dialed in 100% of the time though...
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-14-2011, 7:54 AM Reply   
tracking code says that my P90X2 delivers today!!!!