Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-24-2011, 12:38 PM Reply   
http://www.cableboardpark.com/page6/page6.html

So what's the deal..the site makes it look like they are open now and says they are the first. Im pretty sure they are not open yet and the site look similar to the old Sante cable site.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-24-2011, 12:51 PM Reply   
Spooky! Based on the web site, I'll bet big that this is the same developer that attempted the Santee Cable Park (Sudweeks). VIP membership, stock options, blah, blah. Haven't driven by there in a bit, but I doubt it's open.
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-24-2011, 2:40 PM Reply   
I gave them a call and they are not open yet.

The guy I spoke to said they are still getting approvals, I assume from the city, and they are hoping to open in a year.

It is Sudweeks developing this park because the phone number from there website is the same as this article for the Santee park

http://www.thefridayflyer.com/FF-2009-8-7/FFS-12487.htm

I don't foresee them being the first, but I hope they can make this one happen. The more cables in southern cali the better!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-26-2011, 8:50 AM Reply   
VIP membership and stock options for a project that never happened so it changes it's name. Sounds like some sleazy developers looking for someone dumb enough to give them large sums of cash for a project that will never happen.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-26-2011, 10:28 AM Reply   
I don't profess to know first hand, but I know a LOT about getting real estate projects off the ground. The reason Sudweeks didn't get Santee built was too much OPM (other people's money), not enough of their own. $50,000 & $25,000 VIP memberships and "stock options" are examples that they didn't have much skin in the game. Without their own money on the line, lender's won't lend on projects (If the deal doesn't work out, the developer has less to lose by just walking away). This is especially true now but always is a rule of thumb by lenders. Without equity and without a lender, it is obvious why Sudweeks didn't meet any of the performance time frames (construction start, etc.) of the Santee approval. I will give them due credit for getting the approval in Santee, no easy feat. But in these times, that alone is not enough to to attract equity, obtain financing, attract board shop & restaurant tenants and get a project built.

Last edited by ottog1979; 09-26-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-26-2011, 10:57 AM Reply   
Slipknot...this park is in Wildomar and I don't think it is related with the Elsinore project.

I don't know the exact details on the Failed Santee project, but heard a new council was elected and backed out of the agreement. I do agree that it was a little sleazy that the developer never officially announced the project had fail even though they had a lot of backing from the wakeworld community. It is also a little sleazy that the website makes it sound like this park is currently operating.

I agree that the more parks the better, but I'm not holding my breath on this project. I'm excited about Desert Wake and would guess their full size cable is probably a sure thing.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-26-2011, 11:39 AM Reply   
shooter, thanks for the clarification, all we hear is rumor after rumor sometimes, It would be real nice to have one within an hour away.

I agree about Desert Wake, they should be the forefront for all of Socal, they were first and know what they are doing I think
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-26-2011, 12:07 PM Reply   
The fuller version of why the Santee park died is at the bottom of this thread.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ego+cable+park
Old     (wakecompoundelsinore)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-01-2011, 4:38 PM Reply   
I can update you guys on facts about the park at Elsinore. It is moving along well and we should be under construction this winter. The web site you are referencing is not related to our park at Elsinore. We will be posting updates on FB when we start construction. If you want updates just LIKE us at Wake Compound. Look forward to seeing you out there this spring!!
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-02-2011, 4:16 PM Reply   
Scott are you still going to have a section for boats to rent at the channel or is it all going to be the cable park?? Please!!!!!! keep a section for boats PLEASE!!
Old     (wakecompoundelsinore)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-02-2011, 5:25 PM Reply   
Yep we will still be selling permits for the channel, we will also have boat sets available for anyone who does not have a boat. It'll be great,bring your boat,then park it at the courtesy dock and ride the cable for awhile!!