Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-25-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
I'm debating trading my inboard for something more seaworthy and I'd like your input on it.

Everyone probably knows I have an 07 22SSV that has been for sale for eons. My wife and I just moved right near the water, but its salty and rough and a riding spot. Overall we really aren't boarding anymore and I'm more interested in just being on the water and chillin.

Aside from that its a bitch to clean the black beast and all the billet crap on it when we get out. Its beginning to take all the fun out of going out.

So tell me. Am I silly for wanting to get something that'll take me 7 - 10 miles out to the island everyone docks up at vs just keeping what I have?

If you were going to do such a thing what would you buy? I definitely don't want something like a Baja. More along the lines of a bow rider or something. I don't need a full blown cabin cruiser.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-25-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
Get a newer ol' school style Chris Craft. Deep V, saltwater option engine. Probably have to get a used one as they are pretty expensive.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-25-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
I traded my Xstar for a Cobalt 292. The xstar just wasn't big enough anymore, and I wanted something large. I am in the market for a cheap WB boat now to go along with it, but do not regret my decision one bit. I would stay away from a closed bow cabin cruiser unless you plan on spending the night out on the water, otherwise you just lost half of your seating. Who wants to be in the cabin when you are out for the afternoon? The other thing I really like about my boat is that it hauls a$$

(Message edited by psudy on June 25, 2008)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-25-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
I was going to post the Cobalt 292, Paul knows whats up.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-25-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
I bought a Cobalt 232 instead of "wakeboard" boat and don't regret it one bit. We boat in salt water a cruise in large bays, the Cobalt seems to handle the snotty water way better than any wake boat I've been in... You can't go wrong with a Cobalt, I'm thinking about getting rid of mine for a cabin cruiser / weekend boat but we'll see...
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-25-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
Sea Ray Sundeck series will be a little less then the Cobalt and still be real nice for what you are looking for.
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-25-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for all of the input guys!

My boat is in the for sale forum for $53,000 and I just put $50,000 on there to see if there'd be any interest at that price. I would think this thing would have been gone ages ago with the low hours. Its got under 50 on it for pete's sake. :-(

I used to work at Marine Max so I can probably work a deal with them. Bad thing is that I live just about across the street for them and I'd have to see the black beast all the time. LOL
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-25-2008, 11:30 PM Reply   
scarab!