Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (tonyg)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-12-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
I've been reading and researching the last few weeks and have a few questions. I would like to find a boat this fall or early spring. Primarily for wakeboarding for me and my boys (17yrs and 20yrs) but enjoy chillaxin' on the lake with the entire family, pulling my daughter in a tube now and then and getting her started on a wakeboard.

Definitely want an inboard and would like to keep the cost around $20K or so. I want a decent wake and no one skis. I've been looking at late 90's up to 2000/2001 Nautiques, Malibu's and Prostars.
Topping my list right now is the ProStar 205. It seems I can get a good DD for around $20K but where as the 205V bumps up to about $30K. How is the wake on the DD with a moderate amount of ballast? I don't want to fill the floor with sacs if I have the family out but maybe it'd be ok if it's just me and the boys. Will I kick myself for not ponying up for the V-Drive??

Also, I'm noticing that as you get in the $25K-30K range you can find the newer Moomba LSV's out there. A 2003-2005 Mobius LSV as compared to a '98-'00 MC or CC or BU. Thoughts?

Are there other options I should consider?

Thanks

Tony