Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    alanp            02-12-2012, 8:20 AM Reply   
snapped these this morning. they rode right in front of my apartment. he took second and had the lead until about the last mile of the run. pretty exciting.
Attached Images

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-12-2012, 9:17 AM Reply   
Sweet! Thanks for sharing.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-13-2012, 6:59 AM Reply   
Nice!

I took a quick look last night at the results. Lanced killed it out there. Makes me start to think how much he held back on the bike to make that run. Really interested to watch his season, and love the attention he's bringing to the sport.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-13-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
Yea thanks for the pics. How far behind was second when lance was on the bike.
2 years ago they had the top tri guy and girls compete in the time trial against the pro cyclests
At the solvange stage of tour of california . The top pro tri guys and girls got SMOKED.
I was blowen away at how much faster the pro cyclest were then the pro tri peeps.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-13-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
Those are great pics! Can't wait for tri season to get here.
Old    alanp            02-13-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
grant --lance WAS NOT first on the bike which was crazy. he made up some time on the bike but was about 30 seconds behind the leader when he transitioned from the bike to the run. he passed that guy and maintained the lead until about 1 1/2 miles to go. he lost by about 45 seconds or so.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-13-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...470/index.html

SI says that Armstrong led coming off the bike and wasn't passed until the last 1 1/2 of the run.
Old    alanp            02-13-2012, 2:26 PM Reply   
si has it wrong. check out ironmanlive.com if you want the play by play. the pics i took were about 2 miles from the bike finish and lance was second
ironmanlive posted this and video that show lance leaving the transition area behind lieto(not by much)

Men's Race - Bike Finish

1 2:31:44 1 Chris Lieto Danville CA USA
2 2:31:49 0:06 24 Lance Armstron Austin TX USA
3 2:31:53 0:09 10 Bertrand Billard Salmagne FRA
4 2:33:12 1:29 9 Oscar Galindez Santos ARG
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-13-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
Ahh, he lead Docherty who won, I didn't catch the full results... My mistake. Almost 20 seconds of the ~40 second difference was transition, Armstrong can shave that time with practice.
Old    alanp            02-13-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
yeah they have some videos of him in the transition and he didnt look to be in a huge hurry. i also watched his post race interviews and he mentioned if he pushed it much harder he thought he was going to cramp(during the run).
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-13-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanp View Post
si has it wrong. check out ironmanlive.com if you want the play by play. the pics i took were about 2 miles from the bike finish and lance was second
ironmanlive posted this and video that show lance leaving the transition area behind lieto(not by much)

Men's Race - Bike Finish

1 2:31:44 1 Chris Lieto Danville CA USA
2 2:31:49 0:06 24 Lance Armstron Austin TX USA
3 2:31:53 0:09 10 Bertrand Billard Salmagne FRA
4 2:33:12 1:29 9 Oscar Galindez Santos ARG
That must be a tough bike course, off go find the course map and elevation chart...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-15-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
Cool pics..... Lance is still the man.

Chris Lieto is from my home town.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-15-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
I'm inspired. I want to give a shot at completing a Triathlon. I just looked up Triathlon in Wikipedia and, lucky, there's a menu to choose from. Some events have more moderate distances than Iron Man. (But evidently, there are others that are harsher, like one around Grand Coulee dam, Washington State: 5k swim, 200k bike, 50k run. Eek.) http://www.trifind.com/mo.html?month=4

What is a good Internet resource or resources, like WakeWorld, for Triathlon. I have a mountain bike (a Cannondale), but not a road bike. Where do I find reviews of road bikes, and, where do I consider to buy from? All the runners locally here seem to get a lot of their info from one shoe store. Are there typically local sources that are good for training info?

There I did it. I said it. Now I got to prove myself not a liar.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-15-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
Slowtwitch.com

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?forum=1;
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-15-2012, 2:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by john211 View Post
I'm inspired. I want to give a shot at completing a Triathlon. I just looked up Triathlon in Wikipedia and, lucky, there's a menu to choose from. Some events have more moderate distances than Iron Man. (But evidently, there are others that are harsher, like one around Grand Coulee dam, Washington State: 5k swim, 200k bike, 50k run. Eek.) http://www.trifind.com/mo.html?month=4

What is a good Internet resource or resources, like WakeWorld, for Triathlon. I have a mountain bike (a Cannondale), but not a road bike. Where do I find reviews of road bikes, and, where do I consider to buy from? All the runners locally here seem to get a lot of their info from one shoe store. Are there typically local sources that are good for training info?

There I did it. I said it. Now I got to prove myself not a liar.
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/ is a good starting place for triathlon. I find ST (slowtwitch) a bit harsh at times.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-15-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
Might start with a sprint then move to olympic distance. From there make up your mind about half ironman or full. With work and other hobbies the olympic distance is what I'm willing to train for and still believe most moderate athletes can do OTC (off the couch) and finish.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-16-2012, 12:36 PM Reply   
Sean... harsh might even be an understatement for ST. ha.