Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-16-2010, 6:03 AM Reply   
so i have been using s proline carbon fiber handle for a while now...i like it and it feels pretty good, but it just seems heavy. I have a LG handle that i used to use and am thinking ab switching back.

what do you guys use and what are the adv./disadv. of carbon fiber vs. regular handles. either way im prolly gunna switch back bc i know its all about personal preference. just thought it was a good question.

josh
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-16-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
I do really like Carbon Handle alway have, but I dont use them any more. I got so many bruises from that damn thing smacking my legs. Also I have noticed that when your spinning sometimes really strange things happen, on HS 7s every once in a while I will snatch the handle with one finger or grab the side of the handle, its WAY easier to recover and save the trick with a traditional style handle. The fact that the handle will flex a bit if say you grab it with one finger all the way is great, it wont get ripped out of your hand.

Just my $.02
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-16-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
Also, the opening on the carbon handles tend to be really small. The only close calls I have had with my arm through the handle (2), and got stuck, have been with carbon handles and I have never owned one.

I have found that sticking an arm through the handle is inevitable--if you ride long enough it is going to happen. It is the getting out that is important.

I ride a helium handle. To me it is the best of both worlds. Firm, but the V is big enough to allow an escape route.
Old    ausbill32            03-17-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
I ordered one of these, can't wait to get it in the mail this week.

http://www.bulletlines.com/product-p/167.htm
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-17-2010, 8:07 AM Reply   
Bill, I have that handle and its not bad, I wouldnt mind a thicker grip on it but for the money its a good handle.