Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-12-2003, 7:06 AM Reply   
Since I can't listen to them before I buy does anybody uses either of these and what would you recommend between the two of them.
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-16-2003, 8:40 PM Reply   
I bought 2 pairs of Boss B 60 yesterday and a PG 500.2 amp to run them.

(Message edited by tcaton on March 16, 2003)
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-16-2003, 9:55 PM Reply   
Both the Mako MBQ-65 and the Boss B70 use the same MB Quart DKD 116 coaxial speakers. The difference will not be in the sound, but the clamps, finish, and price. The Mako MBQ-65 is a great value for a 6.5 inch MB Quart based tower speaker system for under $500.

Mike Hellweg
Wakeside.com
Old    dragon            03-17-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
It's true I purchased a pair of B530s with the intent of actually receiving the correct speakers. They shipped me the B530s with the cheap speakers then tried to deny it. Boss has zero customer service and they still havent shipped the correct speakers.
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-17-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
I just purchased 2 pair of B 60 and they dont have the right 6.5 drivers in them I'am going back to the stereo shop tommorow to get them to put the right ones in. so this must be a common thing with Boss.
Old    xtigeman            03-17-2003, 4:03 PM Reply   
Which drivers are they putting in them? Which drivers are you supposed to get.
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-17-2003, 4:15 PM Reply   
Doug, they put the discus series in and they should have put the reference series in. I will be at the dealer tommorow to have them replaced.
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       03-18-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
I'm starting to see Definite trend regarding Boss.
Glad I don't own a single Boss item : )
Old     (bsclayton)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-18-2003, 10:28 PM Reply   
I just said this in another post, but don't just jump on the mass-market manufacturers. There are a large, and growing, number of "craftsmen" out there making awesome products. Since they don't have huge margins and two-page ads, their only marketing is word of mouth. They still know that customer service is priority number one, especially in an industry this small... (Not bashing Boss, for sure. Just commenting on my knowledge of Mako, Fluid, Ryno-Gear, etc...)
Old     (riothepimp)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-19-2003, 9:52 AM Reply   
For those dealers buying our empty pods they should install the correct speakers in them, unless the customer would like to replace them with another type. And for Mike Hellwig you should know we use the RKC-116 in our B-70 from the factory. As for our customer service we are a MFG. company our dealers nation wide are incharge of providing the 100% customer service, if in fact you are unsatisfied with the dealers customer service ask for the Boss REP in the area and he can resolve the problem through Boss.

Rio
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-19-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
Rio, The Boss B 60 I bought have the DWC 160 6.5 drivers in them should they have the RWC 160 drivers in them. My dealer is calling the rep to find out.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-19-2003, 12:24 PM Reply   
Rio,

At some point Wakeside was told that the B-70's included the Discus series DKD 116. We will update our website right away since there is a huge difference between the Discus series DKD-116 and the Reference series RKC-116.

Wakeside.com was the first to list the B-70's and most likely got some wrong info at that time.

I'm sure that we will sell a lot more B-70's with the corrected information since the RKC-116 is a very high end co-axial speaker. The reference series speakers puts the B-70's into a different class than the Mako MBQ-65 and that explains the value and pricing considerations.

Thanks for the clarification.

Mike Hellweg
Wakeside.com
Old     (phil_deez)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-20-2003, 5:02 AM Reply   
The B-530's sound amazing. Add the PG amp and they will hit even better.