Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old    falcon_v            04-03-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
So here I go I bought some cans from bullet lines and did not realize that my polk momo650 will not fit I am trying to find some one who is or no's a machine shop to make me some adapter rings so I can stay with the same speakers. I live in oklahoma please, any help would be appreciated.
Upload
http://www.bulletlines.com/servlet/the-57/Wakeboard-Tower-Speakers%2C-Wakeboard/Detail?sfs=17f0a1a9
Upload
Driver Cut-out Diameter 5" (12.70cm)
http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/specs/speakers/6-1-2/mmc650/
Old    falcon_v            04-03-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
This is what I am trying to come up with as a solution, just nead it built and the I havent found any machine shops who will do this for me yet. Inner Diameter will be 5 inches and outer diameter will be be 7 7/16 inche. It would be like a big washer
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-03-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
Chris,

Call my friend Brad. 596-4601 (cell)

Tell him I referred you. See if he can help you.
Old     (mallardhunter83)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-03-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
I had the same exact thing with the same speakers, took a few pictures of how i did it but took most after i build it so pictures may not help, but i posted them at http://www.danieldodd.us/Boat%20Projects/Tower%20Speakers/index.htm
Basically i bought a piece of 22ga steel from Lowes and gut out a ring to mount to the can (make sure you paint). I cut them out to the size where the speaker grill covers them up. They don't look bad at all, you cant see the bracket i made, and sound pretty good.
Old     (mallardhunter83)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-03-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
Email me and i will give you some more details / advice of how i did this.
Old    falcon_v            04-03-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
Hey tanner is that in oklahoma or are you in a differnt state. I will call just let me no so I have the right aera code.
Sorry Just got back from the VA.
Old    falcon_v            04-03-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
Hey daniel I emailed you for more info thanks for the Help guys. My wife Will be happy again noing I am not go to jerry rig them.
Old     (tonysdad)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-04-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
Hey Cris,
I Had the same problem with the same cans and speakers. I called a stereo shop local that does customer work and they were able to modify some existing adapter rings they had and rivet them to the cans. Then I just mounted the speakers/grills to the adapter rings. They had it done in a couple of hours and it only cost me 50 bucks (for 4 speakers). Here's a couple of pics...as you can see, there is barely a gap and you can't really tell there's an adapter there unless you're looking for it.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-04-2008, 4:33 PM Reply   
Yes chris, that's in OK. 405
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-05-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Sell the MMC's on e-bay, buy the lighter marine rated db675's from woofersetc.com for $92/pair, hit the exposed face with a buffing wheel and you are done. Been there.