Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-30-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
Come on it's still september and 80 degrees out. I actually saw a guy out on old river yesterday riding in a drysuit. Was it you! lol. It's not even cold yet.

If it was you don't get butt hurt I'm just playin'
Old     (nowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-30-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
The water here has been about 86 all summer, but last time out it was 84 and I noticed the difference. Call me a wuss but when it hits 80 I'm bringing out my short suit. ;)
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-30-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
The air temp was 46F when we went out a few mornings this week. The water was still reasonably warm. We've made the switch to drysuits for the morning sessions.
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       09-30-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
wow. we ride in canada when the water is 47 and the air is 56 with shorts, and a rash guard sometimes...
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       09-30-2007, 10:28 PM Reply   
I rode friday in San Diego, water temp 74, air temp ~60 (it was early) and there was a guy behind another boat drysuiting. LAME!

-Steve
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-01-2007, 6:26 AM Reply   
My rule, anything more than trunks before the water dips below 50 degrees and your a sissy.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-01-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
But a warm sissy! ^^^ To each his own. I know a guy who rides in a drysuit probably earlier in the Fall, and later in the Spring than most, but if you saw him ride, you'd hardly call him a sissy.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-01-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
^^^^ Sounds like Chris Dykman
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-01-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
to me it's not ab bein a wuss...it's about bein WARM...call me a wuss all u want but i like wearin my l/s shorty...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-01-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
We went out one day here in Texas last fall. It was probably 70 degrees outside, and the water was 60-70. Two guys were out on the lake wearing drysuits. Most of us were still trunkin it. Before we even started riding, the guys came up to us and told us about how not to power turn, and if we follow in their path, the water will stay smooth for everyone.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-01-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
Oh I know all to well what it's liked to be upstaged by someone who doesn't like cold water. I have a friend that hates cold water, wears ski gloves, an eighties vest, ankle booties, and rides on a board binding setup thats pushing ten year old design. Needless to say, the guy throws down better than anyone I ride with.

GO FIGURE???
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-01-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
I won't be cold. All my friends make fun of me for wearing my wetsuit tops earlier and later and for drysuiting it earlier and later but I don't care. I HATE cold water.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-01-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
if you got one ride it! F**k em!
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-02-2007, 5:06 AM Reply   
I ride mine already. I spent the money on it and it's not restricting so why not wear it. Plus it's better for you if your muscles are warm, less chance of injury at least thats my opinion. Why be cold if I don't have to be. The other thing is I get two sets in a drysuit. If I am wearing a heater shirt or something like that I usually take it off in between sets and hate putting a wet cold shirt back on.
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-02-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
hey what's up stan? it's alan from wakeboardnashville, remember this time last year? have you been back to nashville any? if so give us a shout
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-03-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
Upstate NY, water is 60F. If the air temp is in the 70's we ride in heater shirts. If its in the 50's, full suits. They drain my lake for the winter (and spring thaw) before it really gets to be drysuit season.
Old    K.B.C.            10-03-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
I ride mine almost all year. Our water is always in the 60s and early and late evening sessions can get pretty cold. I'd much rather be dry when I have to get back in the boat and sit through another two pulls. I'll take comfort and a long pull over being a "tough guy" any day. You can call me lame all you want.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-03-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
I'm another one that will you cold weather trunkn riders revel in your self proclaimed "man hood" all you want while I stay warm in suits.