Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-07-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
Recently I have had an issue with my V210 wake getting really lippy as we burn off gas...

Low/normal weight set up:
-22 pop bags....14 of them forward in the boat, thre rest spread about the middle of the boat. This evens out the boat...and gives me the needed weight up front to provide a balanced starting point
-About 250# in stereo gear, batteries, etc, behind obervers seat = middle- forward in boat.
-Total of about 1,100#
-This is a fun reliable wake...which I have been riding lately. Good for 21 mph to about 23 mph.

Medium weight set up:
-Above...plus the following
-400# sack in the ski locker
-A custom #225 sack at the front of each locker along side the engine
-Best speed is about 22-24.5 mph
-When the gas tank is full...this wake is similar in shape to the #1,000 set up, super fun...just bigger.....but.....
-With 2 people in boat...and one rider...as the gas tank empties, however...the wake gets REALLY lippy. Accidental scarecrow attempt lippy. Not fun. For the small amount of weight that we burn off...the wake shape really changes. It is not just me. Many other riders have noticed. We have also noticed that after re-fuleing...the wake comes back!

What gives? I can not do much to move more weight to the front. It is already pretty sketchy.... I have not changed anything...and now the wake shape seems different. Has anyone had an issue like this? Could I actually have too much weight up front? I guess I could fill up another sack and put it on the floor over the gas tank to make up for fuel burn...but that seems absurd.

Last edited by kitewake; 07-07-2010 at 8:32 PM.