Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 12:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
An unfortunate impact of our civil court system is that the wealthy can (and very frequently do) spend an opposing party into settlement.

being "forced to settle" and "winning a defamation lawsuit" are similar but not the same. One indicates abandoning the suit, the other suggests prevailing on the merits.
Yep. That is why people should be careful getting into the fake news business.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-08-2017, 12:48 PM Reply   
Delta that was a tweet from the President of the United States of America that showed up in my twitter feed. The President wanted me to know about it.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-08-2017, 12:53 PM Reply   
I Am curious where all these protests were when Obama was deporting people ? Where was all th daily posts about every single Obama decision ? Where were all the posts about Hillary' daughter benefitting from her parents status ?


Give me 3 logical reasons why Ivonks's position with a company has any effect on what the president does? Give me s valid reason why a daughter of any president should have a position they've held pulled out from under them because their parent has won an election ? Because they don't care for her bathers view and don't want to be associated with anyone from those camp is more likely the reason. However the HYPOCRACY SHOWS THROUGH AGAIN. The left fought hard against private businesses who refused to complete work based on their religious views and / or beliefs that didn't support the demographic the items were for. That's odd. The left can kick someone to the curb for same reasons they vehemently opposed from others.
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Delta that was a tweet from the President of the United States of America that showed up in my twitter feed. The President wanted me to know about it.
Glad you get his tweets. I don't really care enough about anyone to even look at twitter
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2017, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The murder rate factoid he dropped is actually a fact. The key words missing were "the murder rate of major urban areas". The left when challenging that statement also failed to do their homework.
Nope, try again. What is at the highest rate in 50 years is the rate of change, ie the volatility of the rate, this is normal as the overall rate declines because variations become proportional bigger as the headline number falls.

Regardless, the Don bleets out the crime is at an all time high creating the impression in the stupid that America is dangerous and not great. I'm not sure if he does this on purpose to mislead or if he is just too dopey to understand the numbers. Ironic for someone cracking on about "Fake news" and "dishonest media"
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2017, 4:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder View Post
Ralph, do you not recall Obama's "rebuke" of the supreme court at his SOTU speech over Citizens United ruling?
No but I didn't follow Obama so much because I didn't think he was as dangerous. If he did as you describe then I would be against it also. I see so many parallels between 1930's Germany and 2017 US that I am glued to the news feed at the moment.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-08-2017, 5:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Where I come from we call them democrats.
You must not be from the South...
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-08-2017, 5:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Considering that is money leaving one country (ours). The money leaving to mexico is as great if not greater than their oil income. All money leaving our local economies.
So I guess you take issue with Americans that stash their money in offshore accounts?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-08-2017, 5:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Yep. That is why people should be careful getting into the fake news business.
That's true but my point was a little broader: People should be careful making rich people mad.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-08-2017, 5:48 PM Reply   
Apparently, the Nordstrom "unfair" tweet is just fallout of the DEM/LIB/CNN smear that is going on every day and a POTUS that follows the bait...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ka-trump-line/
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-08-2017, 5:59 PM Reply   
The Trumps are sure giving up a lot for a country that has 1/3 of it's people giving him the bird.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2017, 6:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Apparently, the Nordstrom "unfair" tweet is just fallout of the DEM/LIB/CNN smear that is going on every day and a POTUS that follows the bait...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ka-trump-line/
Lol, because trump is so popular with women. Last i saw nordstrom stock went up 5% after announcement
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Lol, because trump is so popular with women. Last i saw nordstrom stock went up 5% after announcement
Actually he did pretty well with women at the polls.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2017, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
The Trumps are sure giving up a lot for a country that has 1/3 of it's people giving him the bird.
Lol what? Serving the country is supposed to be a sacrifice. IMO, the trumps don't understand that.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2017, 6:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Actually he did pretty well with women at the polls.
Really? Do you have a link?
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
So I guess you take issue with Americans that stash their money in offshore accounts?
Depends if those accounts are invested and how they got the money. Did the money circulate and so on. I am not a fan of money directly leaving the country. That is part of what Trump is trying to fix. If citizens are moving money off shore, then we must have a problem with our tax codes and so on. That is the same with moving Jobs offshore in my opinion. Fix the laws that make it desirable to move money and jobs.

In the case I am describing, changing tax codes does not fix it because it is going to families and so on in another country with zero chance of being spent locally.
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Really? Do you have a link?
Look it up. I don't have to do everything for you. At the end of the day you are going to have your opinion and what is well and I will have mine.
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 6:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Really? Do you have a link?
Screw it. first link.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...r-white-women/

CLINTON TRUMP
White men 31% 63%
White women 43 53
White women college graduates 51 45
White women non-college graduates 34 62
White men college graduates 39 54
White men non-college graduates 23 72
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2017, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Lol what? Serving the country is supposed to be a sacrifice. IMO, the trumps don't understand that.
Good thing your opinion does not count.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-08-2017, 8:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Apparently, the Nordstrom "unfair" tweet is just fallout of the DEM/LIB/CNN smear that is going on every day and a POTUS that follows the bait...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ka-trump-line/
Seriously can we just decide that links to Breitbart (right propaganda) and Huffingtonpost (left propaganda) are all BS and move on with link to actual real news articles?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2017, 8:24 PM Reply   
Ta for the link, not what i was expecting. I understand that result about as much as the election. Ha ha.

My opinion might not count to you but my mum thinks I am smart as. So there.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-08-2017, 10:10 PM Reply   
Sad to see Dane reading (and believing) brietbart. Explains a lot though.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-08-2017, 10:44 PM Reply   
Hold your horses. I don't read that site. I just googled and found it today. I was not aware that the libnuts were pressuring Nordstroms to drop Ivanka. Explains a lot my arse.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-08-2017, 10:52 PM Reply   
I googled "Ivanka boycott" and that showed up first but there are many others.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-08-2017, 11:03 PM Reply   
This is interesting. It is strange for the anarchist types to be well coordinated and seemingly trained. Usually, the anarchists are a bunch of thug idiots.

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/02/...rkeley-rioters
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-08-2017, 11:33 PM Reply   
Obama's pass and Clinton's avoidance of this glaring problem was a large contributor to HER loss.

I believe in identifying problems and addressing them. I am also of the opinion that only Muslims can fix the world's Radical Islam problem.

Sam and Bill...

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-09-2017, 12:06 AM Reply   
Sam and Bill slam Trump for his "ban" because they must. I on the other hand think it is the first of many steps toward the "civilized world" demanding change.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-09-2017, 12:20 AM Reply   
I had never heard of MILO until the Berkeley thing. Who is this guy and why does the left hate him?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2017, 8:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Apparently, the Nordstrom "unfair" tweet is just fallout of the DEM/LIB/CNN smear that is going on every day and a POTUS that follows the bait...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ka-trump-line/
Or maybe the brand wasn't really doing all that well and Breitbart is lying to you.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2017, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
I had never heard of MILO until the Berkeley thing. Who is this guy and why does the left hate him?
I'd never heard of him either. But I have a feeling that he reaps what he sows.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2017, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Sam and Bill slam Trump for his "ban" because they must. I on the other hand think it is the first of many steps toward the "civilized world" demanding change.
What might that kind of change look like? Perhaps they'll start demanding that we don't sell or ship weapons to the ME?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-09-2017, 9:13 AM Reply   
That would be a good start.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-09-2017, 10:00 AM Reply   
sadly my bet would be that if we stop propping up the local tyrants, that Russia and China would step in to fill the void and we'd lose influence in a region critical to national security. IMHO this is why energy independence is such a huge issue for us. Not just for the environment but also for national security.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2017, 10:54 AM Reply   
Interesting perspective on Iran. White western women runs 1200 miles across the country and documents her experiences.
https://youtu.be/abBjWv7npck
4 min preview
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-09-2017, 11:27 AM Reply   
ANOTHER black panther sitting in congress. Files false report against officers. Surprise it was all on video ! Rush is foUnd completely fabricating allegations against police . Video evidence proving the facts .


What happens to the racist Rush ?????????? Absolutely nothing. What happened to his push holding "police to highest degree of scrutiny" ???? Why was he not charged for fabricating a police complaint and lying under oath? Yup there's that double standard again. Where are all the protests demanding Rush be thrown from his office because of his domestic terrorism ties? Where are all the articles saying "ex black panther". Yup. Double standard again. Anybody see this on CNN ? Any other national news network ? Hmmmmmmmmm


You can bet if the roles were reversed and it was the officers berating Rush it would be plastered everywhere


http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...209-story.html

Last edited by xstarrider; 02-09-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old    deltahoosier            02-09-2017, 12:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Interesting perspective on Iran. White western women runs 1200 miles across the country and documents her experiences.
https://youtu.be/abBjWv7npck
4 min preview
GRUESOME VIDEO: Muslim Mob Tears 27 Year Old Woman Apart Before Killing Her Over False Accusation Of Burning Quran

http://100percentfedup.com/gruesome-...burning-quran/
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-09-2017, 12:32 PM Reply   
Kellyanne Conway’s Endorsement of Ivanka Products Apparently Violates Federal Law

Too bad the penalty isn't prison so we wouldn't have to listen to this annoying hag any longer.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...e-the-law.html
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-09-2017, 2:01 PM Reply   
If this is not public knowledge you are crazy to post this.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-09-2017, 2:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
If this is not public knowledge you are crazy to post this.
Good point
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-09-2017, 3:20 PM Reply   
Seriously though, why does the crybaby loofa-faced sh*tgibbon have to lie about every----single----thing.....
Attached Images
 
Old    deltahoosier            02-09-2017, 3:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Seriously though, why does the crybaby loofa-faced sh*tgibbon have to lie about every----single----thing.....
More fake news Wes. Propaganda and so on. Obama pretty much had his full cabinet. There was one pick who was held 5 weeks. That was the Labor Secretary. The AG was 2 weeks and all the rest were confirmed within 1 week of taking office with most of those before he took office.

http://www.wsj.com/graphics/how-dona...us-presidents/
Old    deltahoosier            02-09-2017, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
If this is not public knowledge you are crazy to post this.
????
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-09-2017, 3:35 PM Reply   
Your link requires sign in; can't read it. Trump is trying to ram people through who haven't even completed their ethics checks.

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/09/513926...n-predecessors




Trump went with a number of picks who had little or no experience in the agencies they would be tasked to run. In some cases the nominees actively worked against the missions of the agencies.

Another thing that slowed down the process: Candidates for Cabinet posts are typically pre-vetted, working with the Office of Government Ethics to identify and unwind potential conflicts of interest before their names are even announced. But that didn't happen this time. Two Cabinet-level picks still haven't completed that process.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-09-2017, 3:37 PM Reply   
Not to mention picking people who are completely unqualified like DeVos who generated unheard of calls to senators to block the nomination, which as you know came down to the VP breaking the tie.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-09-2017, 3:46 PM Reply   
I Think it's GREAT. TRUMP Calling out these fools. Let the American people see who is Blocking & Stalling, Political Red tape and just in general being a career politician, These Dem's now have a new Lease on life. instead of making forward progress for the American people their new goal in life is going to be to block stall and cause mayhem, Great job dems. Keep working yourself out of a job,

Anyone think "Hey if trump is successful" Its gonna make these dirt bag career politicians look bad and there for better stall and drag feet as to not make him look like he is getting anything done?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-09-2017, 3:50 PM Reply   
Appeals court refuses to reinstate travel ban, setting up Trump to appeal to the Supreme Court. Trump has hurt himself by making stupid statements like it's not a Muslim ban but we're going to prioritize Christian refugees. Which of course itself is silly, because then Muslim refugees would just have to pretend to be Christian... kinda like Mark and a lot of other republicans.

Of course if the supremes end up with a 4-4 tie, the appellate ruling stands.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-09-2017, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Appeals court refuses to reinstate travel ban, setting up Trump to appeal to the Supreme Court. Trump has hurt himself by making stupid statements like it's not a Muslim ban but we're going to prioritize Christian refugees. Which of course itself is silly, because then Muslim refugees would just have to pretend to be Christian... kinda like Mark and a lot of other republicans.

Of course if the supremes end up with a 4-4 tie, the appellate ruling stands.
LOL! I see you've got more water for this duck's back. I've been meaning to ask you, how does it feel to keep losing so bad each day? I mean, you gotta turn on that news each day and be reminded that your party pooped the bed plus you have next to zero power. How does that make you feel now? I would think it's like one day you were rich and the next day broke, thanks to a bad investment (The Beast). I also wonder how long it's gonna take for your side to pull up your bootstraps, go back to work and actually produce something of value to this country other than giving conservative talk show hosts something to laugh at multiple times each day. For your sake, I hope you realize the fact that your bitterness only hurts you.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-09-2017, 5:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Your link requires sign in; can't read it. Trump is trying to ram people through who haven't even completed their ethics checks.

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/09/513926...n-predecessors




Trump went with a number of picks who had little or no experience in the agencies they would be tasked to run. In some cases the nominees actively worked against the missions of the agencies.

Another thing that slowed down the process: Candidates for Cabinet posts are typically pre-vetted, working with the Office of Government Ethics to identify and unwind potential conflicts of interest before their names are even announced. But that didn't happen this time. Two Cabinet-level picks still haven't completed that process.
Hmmmm interesting you mention " ramming people through without ethics checks"...but believe anyone can come to the country without question.. guess it's only ok if it works in your direction not both ways huh?
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-09-2017, 6:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Not to mention picking people who are completely unqualified like DeVos who generated unheard of calls to senators to block the nomination, which as you know came down to the VP breaking the tie.
If you think being a teacher makes you qualified to run the entire education program you have got another thing coming. That system is as broken as the rest of our govt and she's basically volunteering to fix it just like our President Trump did. He funded his own own campaign in the belief he can help the country and f@ckin a if he wasn't right! lol I love this. Just because all these dumbsh*t kids 300k in debt went to college and became substitute teachers doesn't make them qualified to pick the Secretary of Education. In fact I'll be happy if they can teach my kid how to turn 1 million of dads money into 1 billion like ol trump did. I'll pay you all to cry in Starbucks just so I don't have to hear you anymore
Old    deltahoosier            02-09-2017, 6:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Your link requires sign in; can't read it. Trump is trying to ram people through who haven't even completed their ethics checks.

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/09/513926...n-predecessors




Trump went with a number of picks who had little or no experience in the agencies they would be tasked to run. In some cases the nominees actively worked against the missions of the agencies.

Another thing that slowed down the process: Candidates for Cabinet posts are typically pre-vetted, working with the Office of Government Ethics to identify and unwind potential conflicts of interest before their names are even announced. But that didn't happen this time. Two Cabinet-level picks still haven't completed that process.
Does not take a sign in from my end. I will read it to you. Obama had all but two of his within one week of him being sworn in. One in two weeks and the last at 5. Trump is not lying like your propaganda says. He is spot on.

I believe Obama's are the worst in history. Filled with Muslim Brotherhood members and pure radicals. Your opinion of how qualified people are do not matter one bit. They truth is, they are delaying his picks and you reported fake news again.

Are you going to talk about how the democrats are forcing night after night of filabusters keeping congress in session 24 hrs a day?
Old    deltahoosier            02-09-2017, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Appeals court refuses to reinstate travel ban, setting up Trump to appeal to the Supreme Court. Trump has hurt himself by making stupid statements like it's not a Muslim ban but we're going to prioritize Christian refugees. Which of course itself is silly, because then Muslim refugees would just have to pretend to be Christian... kinda like Mark and a lot of other republicans.

Of course if the supremes end up with a 4-4 tie, the appellate ruling stands.
I don't think it has to go to the full court.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-09-2017, 6:37 PM Reply   
Swat: saw your video and story. To answer your question, I think most people know that the Majority of These claims are all Fake, we just don't go out of our way to persecute the people that commit these types of crimes. How many charges have you heard about the people that said they were punched or assaulted buy Trump supporters were charged? ZERO. Just like in your link fase police reports were filed statement taken and they were probed to be made up and yet nothing happens.
Sorry but fingers crossed this culture of Black on White crime= No News but White in Black crime = front page 24/7 coverage is comming to a end. We all know what happend to the boy that dryed wolf.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-09-2017, 6:57 PM Reply   
Lol with DeVos running education soon everyone will be spelling like Grant

Top republican in congress on the oversight committee doesn't seem to share your viewpoint:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...n-disciplinary

Conway provoked controversy earlier Thursday when, in a Fox News appearance, she urged viewers to "go buy Ivanka's stuff" in response to retailer Nordstrom dropping the clothing after citing poor sales. Conway called her comments, which came after the president sent an angry tweet aimed at Nordstrom, a "free commercial."
Cummings wrote a letter to Chaffetz shortly afterward, calling on the Oversight Committee to refer Conway’s comments to the OGE for disciplinary action. Chaffetz said soon after that the counselor’s remarks were “clearly over the line.”

In their joint letter, the two congressmen said Shaub should recommend an appropriate punishment to the White House because the case represents an "inherent conflict of interest" for President Trump. The disciplinary action, Chaffetz and Cummings wrote, could include "reprimand, suspension, demotion or dismissal."

"Conway's statements clearly violate the ethical principles for federal employees and are unacceptable," the letter says. "The White House's reported decision to counsel Conway supports this decision."
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-09-2017, 8:44 PM Reply   
I guess some court deemed it unconstitutional to restrict visitation based on national origin. Who comes up with this crap? If another nation is failed or compromised such that their visa records are unreliable, then it makes perfect sense to restrict by nation.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-09-2017, 9:01 PM Reply   
We will put this one in the not winning bin... Constitutionally Trumped
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-09-2017, 9:42 PM Reply   
The level of intellectual dishonesty in our world amazes me...

Jeff Sessions confirmation. I don't know the dude so I cannot pass judgement. But, as an Attorney General candidate he should NOT be protected by the convention that protects senators debating senators.

Travel Restriction. The law clearly gives this authority to the president to restrict classes of people for national security. Having a judge in WA overrule the president because there may not be a real threat AND/OR it may adversely effect WA commerce is nuts. If states fail such that their Visa reliability is suspect, then the president should have complete authority to curb their Visas. The decision should have ZERO to do with our experience with visitors from those countries.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-09-2017, 9:49 PM Reply   
Of the tools here that are against the travel restriction (vs simply against anything Trump), can you name the 7 countries impacted by the restriction without googling it? Next question, can you explain why we should trust Visa information from these countries?
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-09-2017, 10:34 PM Reply   
Can you name the terrorists from those seven countries that have attacked us?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-09-2017, 10:57 PM Reply   
That is irrelevant if their Visa information is not verifiable. The law requires only a single reason for the president to be concerned.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-09-2017, 11:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftskir View Post
Can you name the terrorists from those seven countries that have attacked us?
Can you confirm that there aren't terrorist plots in those countries and nobody coming in poses a risk? Because that's the call that rests on the weight of the presidents shoulders and I'm almost certain with the information he is privey too he cannot; therefore neither can you.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-10-2017, 12:19 AM Reply   
That's right. The president has the right to restrict a class of people for the security of the nation. For this to be overturned, the burden of proof should be on the liberals to prove that the president is wrong -- they should be required to prove that ZERO additional threat can come from these 7 terror filled countries that have failed governments.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-10-2017, 4:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Of the tools here that are against the travel restriction (vs simply against anything Trump), can you name the 7 countries impacted by the restriction without googling it? Next question, can you explain why we should trust Visa information from these countries?
Libya
Somalia
Yemen
Iraq
Iran
Syria
Sudan

Now, can you tell us why you are so frightened of people from these countries?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-10-2017, 4:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
That's right. The president has the right to restrict a class of people for the security of the nation. For this to be overturned, the burden of proof should be on the liberals to prove that the president is wrong -- they should be required to prove that ZERO additional threat can come from these 7 terror filled countries that have failed governments.
How in the hell can anyone "prove that ZERO additional threat" can come from any country? You do realize that Trump's travel ban, even if it was enacted 30 years ago, would have stopped "ZERO" of the terrorist attacks that have taken place on US soil since then.

"The burden of proof" was on Trump to "prove" that there was an imminent threat from nationalists from the countries. He could not do so. Luckily, our court system still uses the law of the land and not political hyperbole in rendering their decisions.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-10-2017, 7:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
How in the hell can anyone "prove that ZERO additional threat" can come from any country? You do realize that Trump's travel ban, even if it was enacted 30 years ago, would have stopped "ZERO" of the terrorist attacks that have taken place on US soil since then.

"The burden of proof" was on Trump to "prove" that there was an imminent threat from nationalists from the countries. He could not do so. Luckily, our court system still uses the law of the land and not political hyperbole in rendering their decisions.
You mean our court system that's stacked with liberal, activist judges? I guess we just may see what the Supreme Court has to say about it.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-10-2017, 7:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
ANOTHER black panther sitting in congress. Files false report against officers. Surprise it was all on video ! Rush is foUnd completely fabricating allegations against police . Video evidence proving the facts .


What happens to the racist Rush ?????????? Absolutely nothing. What happened to his push holding "police to highest degree of scrutiny" ???? Why was he not charged for fabricating a police complaint and lying under oath? Yup there's that double standard again.
What's your source of inside information? There was absolutely nothing in that article that amounted to fabrication. It would be incredibly hard to prove that Rush didn't think he was being racially profiled. The investigation concluded that he wasn't, but that doesn't mean he was fabricating the belief he was. If you don't have any more than that article to justify your complaints, then you are more delusional in your accusations than Rush.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-10-2017, 7:13 AM Reply   
Maybe Trump should expend his energy getting those vetting rules in place instead of grandstanding and making a scene with a temporary ban when there was no crisis indicating a need for one.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-10-2017, 8:53 AM Reply   
The cart before the horse? Trump just wants to get things done quickly. He has to adjust from NYC time to DC time. Lol
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2017, 8:55 AM Reply   
To the people here saying we should open our borders, What do you have to say about the FACT that of all of the Nations threw out Europe that took part in accepting mass refugees. Over 1/2 that's 55% or more of the population in Each of the country's say it was a bad Idea and or would reverse or hault the practice. (Poland was the highest 75% of the population was or is against it) They All agreee the refugees have hurt their country's. Germany is regretting it big time.

Now why in all your Wisdom, would you think that what has FAILED in Europe would work here?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2017, 9:02 AM Reply   
You Libs are like little kids that want ice creamand candy right B4 bed. And the current administration are like the parents saying yes children we know you want these things but we are the grownups and we say NO! And just like when little kids don't get their way they kick and scream throw a fit, and when that Dosent work they start trying to manipulate the other parent Ect.

It's will take a strong parent to deal with you little children but eventually you will settle down and figure things out. Remember
https://youtu.be/5BykilS816E

Last edited by grant_west; 02-10-2017 at 9:06 AM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-10-2017, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
To the people here saying we should open our borders,
Nobody is saying open boarders G. The boarders aren't open now, there is a visa system and when you look at the numbers it seems to be working just fine.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2017, 11:52 AM Reply   
Ralph you're perfectly fine with letting people into this country that have no documents to back up who they really are. The restriction Dan is based on reforming our existing system that does not properly vet the people coming in. Many of these countries either have lost documentation for these people or they simply don't have it and we have no idea who we are letting into our country.

How do you say bad hombres in Arabic or Farsi

Still laughing every day.

And as far as your comment that we don't have open borders n

Last edited by grant_west; 02-10-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-10-2017, 11:57 AM Reply   
55 to 38. The people want added security over oversensitive liberal kumbaya.
Attached Images
 
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-10-2017, 12:17 PM Reply   
Even more refreshing is how Americans feel about sanctuary cities!

Last edited by diamonddad; 02-10-2017 at 12:20 PM. Reason: .
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-10-2017, 1:21 PM Reply   
Pretty amazing stats considering the number of Trump haters that would be against anything he does independent of what it is.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2017, 1:55 PM Reply   
Dane: I think it just go's to show how what the Media projects and what Reality is are completely opposite. It's as if the Media shows us what the Left wants and hopes the rest of us will just sit on our hands and let the Left run our life's as they have for the last 8 years.

I agree with the other posters in this thread, when they reported that when the Travel Ban was first issued The media reported 24/7 on the small protests at local airports as if it was a HUGE story andnthe entire county was upset.

The Vocal left Minorty is being exposed to be what they Truley are.

Laughing and Still Laughing.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2017, 2:00 PM Reply   
Speaking of Laughing
Milo go's to Border to start early construction on "The Wall"
http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/0...-started-wall/
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-10-2017, 8:24 PM Reply   
"Republicans are the real snowflakes, they're white, they're cold and if you put enough of them together they shut down public schools." -someone else

I just thought that was funny

And grant your still linking breitbart when we all know that is as reliable as the national enquirer.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-10-2017, 8:40 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=plhorn;1953494]"Republicans are the real snowflakes, they're white, they're cold and if you put enough of them together they shut down public schools." -someone else


Okay, that was funny..... See? We conservatives can laugh at ourselves, even if the joke is on us.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-10-2017, 8:58 PM Reply   
Attached Images
 
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-10-2017, 9:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
That's right. The president has the right to restrict a class of people for the security of the nation. For this to be overturned, the burden of proof should be on the liberals to prove that the president is wrong -- they should be required to prove that ZERO additional threat can come from these 7 terror filled countries that have failed governments.
nobody here can, nor will they respond to either of our comments regarding this with any logical explanation because it makes too much sense. Never mind the bill was obamas to begin with, nevermind these are countries he picked out, never mind who's in office. I don't give a hoot if its wes in office if he says this needs to happen the protests and opinions of outsiders judges etc don't override him.
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:01 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us